Factors Affecting Business Performance and Enhancing Competitiveness for Company in Vietnam - Case of Quang Ngai Agricultural Products and Food JSC
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 2, Pages 4142-4148
AbstractBusiness performance will be reflected via measures such as stock price, revenues and net profits, etc.
To be more competitive and have better performance, there are several factors that affect firm performance which need to be measured.
We mainly use combination of quantitative methods (statistics, calculation formulas) with OLS regression and qualitative methods including synthesis, inductive and explanatory methods.
The research findings in the case of Quang Ngai Agricultural Products and Food JSC (APF) tell us that For internal factors: R, Rf and CPI has positive correlation with APF stock price. For external factors: exchange rate has more impacts (negative relationship) on stock price.
Besides, this study also give out recommendations for enhancing competitiveness and business performance.
- Avgerou, C. (2008). Information systems in developing countries: a critical research review. Journal of information Technology, 23(3), 133-146.
- Arasu, B.S., Jagannathan, V., & Natarajan, T. (2014). Information Systems Success in the Context of Internet Banking: Scale Development, Journal of Internet Banking and Commerce, 19(3), 1-15.
- Balasubramanian, S.A., & Jagannathan, V. (2014). Information Systems Success in the Context of Internet Banking: Scale Development. Journal of Internet Banking and Commerce, 2.
- Eugene, F.F., & French, K.R. (2004). The Capital Asset Pricing Model: Theory and Evidence. Journal of Economic Perspectives.
- 5. Feitosa, L., Mosconi, E., & Cadieux, N. (2019). Digital Transformation impacts on bank managers' routine. Conference: 2019 Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS).
- Giebe, C., Hammerstrom, L., & Zwerenz, D.(2019). Big Data & Analytics as a sustainable Customer Loyalty Instrument in Banking and Finance, Digital Transformation Project. https://doi.org/10.21272/fmir.3(4).74-88.2019
- Gupta, A. (2019). A Study on Role of Information Systems in Banking Sector. International Journal of Science and Research, 8(7).
- Gunarathna, V. (2016). How does Financial Leverage Affect Financial Risk? An Empirical Study in Sri Lanka. Amity Journal of Finance, 1(1), 57-66.
- Gunaratha V. (2013). The Degree of Financial Leverage as a Determinant of Financial Risk: An Empirical Study of Colombo Stock Exchange in Sri Lanka. 2nd International Conference on Management and Economics Paper.
- Huy, D.T. (2012). Estimating Beta of Viet Nam listed construction companies groups during the crisis. Journal of Integration and Development, 15(1), 57-71.
- Huy, D.T.N., Loan, B.T., & Anh, P.T. (2020). Impact of selected factors on stock price: a case study of Vietcombank in Vietnam. Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Issues, 7(4), 2715-2730. https://doi.org/10.9770/jesi.2020.7.4(10)
- Huy, D.T.N., Dat, P.M., Và Anh, P.T. (2020). Building and econometric model of selected factors’ impact on stock price: a case study. Journal of Security and Sustainability Issues, 9(M), 77-93. https://doi.org/10.9770/jssi.2020.9.M(7)
- Huy D.T.N., Nhan V.K., Bich N.T.N., Hong N.T.P., Chung N.T., Huy P.Q. (2021). Impacts of Internal and External Macroeconomic Factors on Firm Stock Price in an Expansion Econometric model—A Case in Vietnam Real Estate Industry. Data Science for Financial Econometrics-Studies in Computational Intelligence, vol.898, Springer.
- Ihsan, H., Ahmad, E., Muhamad, I.H., & Sadia, H. (2015). International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, 5(8).
- Karim, A.J. (2011). The significance of management information systems for enhancing strategic and tactical planning. Journal of Information System and Technology Management, (JISTEM), 8(2).
- Chittedi, K. R. (2015). Macroeconomic variables impact on stock prices in a BRIC stock markets: an empirical analysis. Journal of Stock & Forex Trading, 4(2), 1-7.
- Kulathunga, K. (2015). Macroeconomic Factors and Stock Market Development: With Special Reference to Colombo Stock Exchange. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, 5(8), 1-7.
- Miguel, I., Carlos, R., & Romero, M. (2012). The use of Mathematics in Economics and its Effect on a Scholar’s Academic Career, MPRA paper No.41363. https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de/41363/1/The_use_of_Mathematics_in_Economics_and_its_Effect_on_a_Scholars_Academic_Career_ERR.pdf
- Mukhamadeev, I., Makhova, L., & Kurilova, A. (2019). The Role of Information Systems for Entrepreneurship Education and Enterprise in Developing Countries. Journal of Entrepreneurship Education, 22(1S), 1-11.
- Nguyen, H.T., & Thach, N.N. (2019). A closer look at the modeling of economics data. In International Econometric Conference of Vietnam, 100-112.
- Nguyen, H.T., Sriboonchitta, S., & Thach, N.N. (2019). On quantum probability calculus for modeling economic decisions. In International Conference of the Thailand Econometrics Society, 18-34.
- Nguyen, H.T., Nguyen, D.T., & Nguyen, N.T. (2019). Beyon Traditional Probabilistic Methods in Econometrics. In Beyond Traditional Probabilistic Methods in Economics, Proceedings of the ECONVN 2019, Studies in Computational Intelligence, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 3–21.
- Article View: 97
- PDF Download: 93