Training Organization Features for Foreign Residents According to the Educational Model ‘The Russian Language - Scientific Speech - MedicTest’
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 2, Pages 4190-4197
AbstractThe article is devoted to the issue of organizing training for foreign residents according to the educational model named ‘The Russian language – Scientific speech – MedicTest’. The article analyzes modern approaches to the methods of teaching the Russian language and the scientific style of speech, characterizes the methodological principles that form the basis of professional communication. The author describes the ways of expressing scientific thought using various typical models of the scientific style of speech, considers the features of the development of productive and receptive grammatical skills used in speech activity, and gives examples of lexico-grammatical tasks. The author focuses particular attention on the specifics of educational work on the study of MedicTest, necessary for admission to residency. Within the framework of this work, great importance is attached to the explanation of medical terminology in Russian, the ability of medical terms to enter into various paradigmatic and syntagmatic relations in the Russian language and to form synonymic terms, terms-antonyms and homonymic terms, are characterized, the features of the formation and use of active and passive constructions in medical texts.
- Bingham, J. (1999). Guide to Developing Learning Outcomes. The Learning and Teaching Institute Sheffield Hallam University, Sheffield: Sheffield Hallam University.
- Borzenko, S. G. (1983). Obucheniye inostrannykh studentov-medikov professional'nomu obshcheniyu na russkom yazyke [Training foreign medical students in professional communication in Russian] (Dissertation of the candidate of pedagogical sciences). Moscow.
- Brockmann, M. (2007). Qualifications, learning outcomes and competencies: a. review of European divergences in vocational education and training (VET). https://westminsterresearch.westminster.ac.uk/item/91wy5/qualifications-learning-outcomes-and-competencies-a-review-of-european-divergences-in-vocational-education-and-training-vet
- Cenoz, J., Genesee, F. (1998). Beyond bilingualism: Multilingualism and multilingual education. Clevedon: Multilingual Matters.
- Cummins, J. (1984). Bilingualism and cognitive functioning. In S. Shapson, V. D’oyley (Eds.), Bilingual and multilingual education: Canadian perspectives (pp. 55-67). Clevedon: Multilingual Matters.
- Dinevich, I. A. (2019). Grammatical aspects of teaching the scientific style of foreign residents at the Preparatory Faculty. Revista Dilemas contemporáneos: Educación, Política y Valores, Year VII, Special Edition November (62), 1-16. https://doi.org/10.46377/dilemas.v30i1.1086
- Dyakova, V. N. (2002). Dialog mezhdu vrachom i patsiyentom: rukovodstvo po razvitiyu rechi dlya inostrannykh studentov-medikov [Physician-Patient Dialogue: A Speech Development Guide for International Medical Students]. St. Peretsburg: Chrysostom.
- Dyakova, V. N. (2009). Podgotovka k klinicheskoy praktike: rukovodstvo po razvitiyu rechi dlya inostrannykh studentov-medikov [Preparing for Clinical Practice: A Speech Development Guide for International Medical Students]. St. Petersburg: Zlatoust.
- Erickson, F., Rittenberg, W. (1987). Topic control and person control: A thorny problem for foreign physicians in interaction with American patients. Discourse Processes, 10(4), 401–415. https://doi.org/10.1080/01638538709544685
- Kennedy, D., Hyland, A., Ryan, N. (2009). Learning outcomes and competencies. Using Learning Outcomes: Best of the Bologna Handbook, 33, 59-76.
- Khojayan, A. B., Znamenskaya, S. V., Mayatskaya, N. K., Bolkunova, E. V. (2010). Rukovodstvo po yazykovoy podgotovke k klinicheskoy praktike dlya inostrannykh studentov-medikov [A guide to language preparation for clinical practice for international medical students]. Stavropol State Medical University Publishing House.
- Klobukova, L. P. (1987). Obucheniye yazyku spetsial'nosti [Teaching the language of the specialty]. Moscow: Moscow State University Publishing House.
- Koroleva, O. L. (2000). Metodicheskoye obespecheniye professional'no oriyentirovannogo obucheniya inostrannykh studentov-medikov obshcheniyu na russkom yazyke v protsesse podgotovki k klinicheskoy praktike [Methodological support of professionally-oriented teaching of foreign medical students to communicate in Russian in the process of preparation for clinical practice]. (Dissertation of the candidate of pedagogical sciences). Moscow.
- Kunovski, M. N., Bragina, M. A., Myers, G. N. (2019). The challenges of teaching foreign post-graduates in Russian universities. Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Education and New Learning Technologies EDULEARN19 (Palma, Spain, July 1-3, 2019, PP. 10396-10400). http://dx.doi.org/10.21125/edulearn.2019.2617
- Kurylenko, V. B. (2017). Metodika i metodika nepreryvnogo professional'no oriyentirovannogo obucheniya russkomu yazyku inostrannykh vrachey [Methodology and methodology of continuous professionally oriented teaching of the Russian language to foreign doctors]. (Dissertation of the candidate of pedagogical sciences). Moscow.
- Kurylenko, V. B., Shcherbakova, O. M., Makarova, M. A. (2018). Russkiy yazyk dlya budushchikh vrachey [Russian language for future doctors. Medical Russian: I certification level of Russian as a foreign language in educational and social-professional macrospheres: textbook]. Moscow: FLINTA: Nauka.
- Lariokhina, N. M. (1989). Obucheniye grammatike nauchnoy rechi i vidam uprazhneniy [Teaching grammar of scientific speech and types of exercises]. Moscow: Russian language.
- Leontiev, A. A. (2006). Printsip kommunikativnosti i psikhologicheskiye osnovy intensifikatsii obucheniya inostrannym yazykam [The principle of communication and psychological foundations of the intensification of teaching foreign languages]. Language and culture in a philological university. Actual problems of study and teaching. Moscow.
- Lukyanova, L. V. (2001). Russkiy yazyk dlya medikov. Uchebnoye posobiye dlya inostrannykh studentov pervogo kursa [Russian language for doctors. Study guide for first-year international students]. St. Petersburg: Zlatoust.
- Mager, R. (1984). Preparing instructional objectives. 2nd ed. Belmont, California: Pitman Learning.
- Matalova, S. V. (2012). Obucheniye inostrannykh studentov meditsinskikh vuzov professional'nomu obshcheniyu na russkom yazyke [Teaching foreign students of medical universities to professional communication in Russian]. (Dissertation of the candidate of pedagogical sciences). Nizhny Novgorod.
- Mirzoeva, V. M., Kuznetsova, A. A. (2014). O vazhnosti formirovaniya klyuchevykh kompetentsiy dlya podgotovki spetsialista v oblasti meditsiny [On the importance of the formation of key competencies for the training of a specialist in the field of medicine]. Tver Medical Journal, 2, 89-95.
- Ms. Nora Zilam Runera. (2014). Performance Analysis On Knowledge Management System on Project Management. International Journal of New Practices in Management and Engineering, 3(02), 08 - 13
- Motina, E. I. (1988). YAzyk i spetsial'nost': lingvometodicheskiye osnovy obucheniya russkomu yazyku studentov-nefilologov [Language and specialty: linguo-methodological foundations of teaching the Russian language to non-philological students]. Moscow: Russian language.
- Nikitina, V. V. (2013). O nekotorykh problemakh obucheniya inostrannykh rezidentov nauchnomu i professional'nomu obshcheniyu na srednem etape (na primere stomatologov) [On some problems of teaching foreign residents to scientific and professional communication at the middle stage (on the example of dentists)]. Bulletin of Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia, 1, 48-51.
- Orlova, E. V. (2012). Sbor anamneza i oformleniye istorii bolezni. Rukovodstvo po izucheniyu russkogo yazyka dlya inostrannykh studentov [Collection of anamnesis and registration of the medical history. Russian Language Study Guide for International Students]. St. Petersburg: Zlatoust.
- Pavlova, M. N., Aksenova, A. T., Mikhailova, N. D., Nekrasova, A. V. (2020). Osobennosti obucheniya russkomu yazyku po spetsial'nosti zarubezhnykh psikhiatrov [Features of teaching the Russian language to the specialty of foreign psychiatrists]. Tver Medical Journal, 6, 68-72.
- Petrul, A. N. (2014). Rol' grammaticheskikh navykov v kommunikativnom obuchenii inostrannomu yazyku obshcheniya [The role of grammatical skills in communication-oriented teaching of foreign language communication]. Theory and practice of education in the modern world: Proceedings of the V International scientific conference (St. Petersburg, July 2014, PP. 172-176). St. Petersburg: Satis. https://moluch.ru/conf/ped/archive/105/6003/
- Shchukin, A. N. (2012). Obucheniye rechevomu obshcheniyu na russkom yazyke kak inostrannom: uchebnoye posobiye dlya uchiteley russkogo yazyka kak inostrannogo [Teaching speech communication in Russian as a foreign language: a teaching aid for teachers of Russian as a foreign language]. Moscow: Russian language. Courses.
- Todres, M., Tsimtsiou, Z., Sidhu, K., Stephenson, A., Jones, R. (2012). Medical students’ perceptions of the factors influencing their academic performance: An exploratory interview study with high-achieving and re-sitting medical students. Medical Teacher, 34(5), e325–e331. https://doi.org/10.3109/0142159x.2012.668626
- Van Dijk, T. A. (1980). The semantics and pragmatics of functional coherence in discourse. In J. Boyd, A. Ferrara (Eds.), Speech acts theory: ten years later (pp. 49-65). Milan: Bompiani.
- Vasetskaya, L. I. (2008). Obucheniye professional'noy rechi inostrannykh studentov-medikov: pedagogicheskiy eksperiment [Teaching the professional speech of foreign medical students: a pedagogical experiment]. Russian language abroad, 4, 46-53.
- Volkova, E. A. (2011). Integrativnaya model' obucheniya inostrannykh studentov-medikov metayazyku otolaringologii [An integrative model of teaching foreign medical students the metalanguage of otolaryngology]. (Dissertation of pedagogical sciences). Moscow.
- Zhukovskaya, E. E., Zolotova, G. A., Leonova, E. N., Motina, E. I. (1984). Uchebnik russkogo yazyka dlya inostrannykh studentov yestestvennykh i tekhnicheskikh spetsial'nostey. I i II kursy. Prakticheskaya grammatika [Russian language textbook for foreign students of natural and technical specialties. Ist and IInd courses. Practical grammar]. Moscow: Russian language.
- Article View: 46
- PDF Download: 10