Linguistic Competencies for the Entrepreneurial Culture Development
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 2, Pages 4203-4210
AbstractOne of the critical objectives of modern societies is promoting entrepreneurship as the basis of economic stability, which is accomplished developing the entrepreneurial way of thinking and entrepreneurial competences in the participants of economic processes. A growing number of people nowadays strive to accommodate business knowledge in their personal development. However, beyond business knowledge, the implementation of entrepreneurial initiatives also requires language competences; that is, the skills of communicating in various linguistic environments.
The purpose of this study is to establish the role of language competences for the development of entrepreneurial culture and the potential of implementation of international business projects.
The methods of qualitative content analysis and semantic analysis are used in this study to explore and provide insight to existing scientific concepts. The statistical method is used to consider the previously obtained analytical information. This made it possible to identify the need to develop language competences for entrepreneurial culture boosting.
Following the research, a conceptual model of building language competences has been proposed as a tool for developing an entrepreneurial culture in individuals
- Baumol, W. (1968). Entrepreneurship in Economic Theory. The American Economic Review, 58, 64-71.
- Beugelsdijk, S., Maseland, R. (2014). Culture in Economics. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Blagonravova, M.A. (2013). Impact of Foreign Language Studies on Business Communications Culture Development. In N. L. Uvarova, T. G. Rybalko (eds.) Professional Linguistic Education 7th Scientific and Practical Conference materials, 127-130.
- Cherenkov, V.I. (2003). International marketing: textbook. St Petersburg: Knowledge, 452-461.
- Erasov, B.S. (1997). Social Cultural Studies: Textbook for Students of Higher Education Organizations. Moscow: Aspect Press.
- Head Hunter Research Service [Which Skills of Applicants are in Deficite]. Retrieved from https://hh.ru/article/25225 (Accessed on January 11, 2020).
- Ilyichev, L.F., Fedoseev, P.N., Kovalev, S.M., Panov, V.G. (1983). Philosophical Encyclopedic Dictionary. Moscow: Soviet Encyclopedia.
- Komarkova, I., Gagliardi, D., Conrads, J., Collado, A., Bacigalupo, M., Kampylis, P., Punie, Y. (2015). Entrepreneurship Competence: An Overview of Existing Concepts, Policies and Initiatives. Final Report. Retrieved from https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/en/publication/entrepreneurship-competence-overview-existing-concepts-policies-and-initiatives-final-report (Accessed on November 8, 2019).
- Lapusta, M.G. (2000). Entrepreneurship. Moscow: INFRA-M.
- Leibenstein, H. (1968). Entrepreneurship and Development. The American Economic Review, 58, 72-83.
- Leontyev, A.A. (1972). Thinking in Foreign Language as a Psychological and Methodological Problem. Foreign Languages at School Journal, 1, 34.
- Ms. Nora Zilam Runera. (2014). Performance Analysis On Knowledge Management System on Project Management. International Journal of New Practices in Management and Engineering, 3(02), 08 - 13
- North, D.C. (2005). Understanding the Process of Economic Change. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press.
- Raizberg, B.A. (1995). Economics and Entrepreneurship Basics. Moscow, Prosveshcheniye.
- Randall, C. (1953). Creed for Free Enterprise. Moscow.
- Rubin, Yu.B. (2012). Professional Entrepreneurship Course: Textbook. 12th edition, revised. Moscow: Moscow University of Industry and Finance Synergy.
- Ruettinger, R. (1992). Culture of Entrepreneurship. Moscow: EKOM.
- Sokolov, E.V. (1972). Culture and Society. Leningrad: Mysl.
- Tateisi, K. (1990). The Eternal Venture Spirit. An Executive's Practical Philosophy. Moscow: Moscow Business.
- Toyne, B, Walters, P.G.P. (1993). Global Marketing Management: A Strategic Perspective. Boston: Allyn and Bacon.
- Volkova, O. (2015). Russia has become 39th out of 70 countries on English language knowledge indicator. RBC.ru. Retrieved from: https://www.rbc.ru/economics/03/11/2015/563866969a79474acfd69663 (Accessed on November 8, 2019)
- Weber, M. (1990). Selected Works. Moscow, Prosveshcheniye.
- Zaytseva, A.S. (2019). Educational Organizations as Institutional Forms of Entrepreneurship Support. Journal of Modern Competition, 1, 108-119.
- Article View: 15
- PDF Download: 21