The Use of Modern Information Technologies is a Necessary Means of Preventing the Conflicts of Legal Interests in the Judicial System of Russia
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 2, Pages 4237-4242
AbstractThe scientific article studies the international and Russian experience of using information technologies to prevent conflicts of legal interests as one of the corruption risks in the judicial activity. The main directions of the development of the judicial system are theoretically substantiated to minimize corruption risks using technical advances. It is concluded that it is necessary to adopt a new version of the Concept of the information policy of the judicial system with clearly fixed legal guarantees for representatives of the judiciary against abuse by other persons, as a result of obtaining information about the activities of the court; a list of the authorities' powers of officials, ensuring control over the reliability and completeness of the information provided on the activities of the courts; the procedure for access, provision, and dissemination of information with the fixation of the requirements as to subjects that disseminate information about the activities of the courts.
- Bajada, C., Shashnov, M. (2019). The effects of economic development and the evolution of social institutions on the level of corruption: comparing the Asia-Pacific with other regional blocs. Asia Pacific Business Review, 25(4), 470-500. doi: https://doi.org10.1080/13602381.2019.1589768
- cnews.ru. (2001). Romanian police officers were planted on the Internet. Retrieved from: https://www.cnews.ru/news/line/rumynskih_politsejskih_zalozhili_v_internete
- Drucker, P. F. (1993). Post–Capitalist Society. N.Y.
- European Commission for the Efficiency of Justice (CEPEJ). Retrieved from: https://www.coe.int/en/web/cepej
- Finlay, F. (2016). Politics is corrupt, public administration is corrupt, and democracy is dead. Irish Examiner. Retrieved from: https://www.irishexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/arid-20380785.html
- Fry, B. R. (1989). Mastering Public Administration; from Max Weber to Dwight Waldo. Chatham House Publishers, New Jersey.
- Ghsoub, D. (2018). The Impact of Corruption on the Effectiveness of Public Administration. Lebanese National Defense Magazine, 106.
- Henry, N. (1975). Paradigms of Public Administration. Wiley on behalf of the American Society for Public Administration. Public Administration Review, 35(4), 378-386. doi: https://doi.org/10.2307/974540
- Ibrahim, B., Ahmad, H. A. (2017). The Impact of Corruption on National Development in Nigeria. International Journal of Scientific Research in Social Sciences & Management Studies, 2(1), 13-21.
- Judicial Department at the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation. Retrieved from: http://www.cdep.ru/
- Lazarus, L. (2004). Contrasting Prisoners’ Rights: A Comparative Examination of England and Germany.Oxford University Press, Oxford. doi: https://doi.org/10.1093/acprof:oso/9780199259830.001.0001
- Lopez-Iturriaga, F. J., Pastor Sanz, I. (2018). Predicting Public Corruption with Neural Networks: An Analysis of Spanish Provinces. Social indicators research, 140(3), 975-998. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11205-017-1802-2
- Loucks, N. (2005). Contrasting Prisoners’ Rights: A Comparative Examination of England and Germany. By Liora Lazarus. The British Journal of Criminology, 45(6), 999-1001. doi: https://doi.org/10.1093/bjc/azi088
- Majcherkiewicz, T., Gadowska, K. (2002). Political clientelism in public administration. A case study of institutional changes in the post-communist state of Poland. The Pedagogical University of Cracow Department of Philosophy and Sociology, 1-11.
- Malyniak, B. S., Martyniuk, O. M., Kyrylenko, O. P. (2019). The impact of corruption on the efficiency of public spending across countries with different levels of democracy. Financial and credit activity: problems of theory and practice, 1(28), 290-301. doi: https://doi.org/10.18371/fcaptp.v1i28.163927
- Mills, A. (2012). Causes of corruption in public sector institutions and its impact on development. UNPAN. Retrieved from: http://unpan1.un.org/intradoc/groups/public/documents/un-dpadm/unpan.pdf-
- Momotov, V. V. (2019a). Speech at a plenary session of the Council of Judges of the Russian Federation. Retrieved from: http://sev.ssrf.ru/news/publikatsii/33443
- Momotov, V. V. (2019b). Speech at a plenary session of the 6th Moscow Legal Forum ‘Judicial power in the conditions of modern digital technologies’. Retrieved from: http://ssrf.ru/news/vystuplieniia-intierv-iu-publikatsii/32548
- Palidauskaitė, J. (2005). Problems of Corruption and Responsibility in Public Administration. Public Policy and Administration, 1(13), 5, 23-67.
- Petukhov, N. A., Ryabtseva, E. V. (2018). Organization of combating corruption and preventing conflicts of interest in judicial activity. Russian Journal of Criminology, 12(5), 651-661.
- Shestak, V. A., Volevodz, A. G. (2019). Modern needs of legal support of artificial intelligence. View from Russia. Russian Journal of Criminology, 13(2), 197-206.
- Stapenhurst, F., Kpundeh, S. J. (1998). Public Participation in the Fight against Corruption. Canadian Journal of Development Studies, 19(3), 491-508. doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/02255189.1998.9669766
- Transparency International. Retrieved from: https://www.transparency.org/en/about
- Tsirin, A. M., Cherepanova, E. V., Tulinova, O. A. (2014). Modern standards and technologies for combating corruption. Journal of Russian Law, 7, 5-8.
- Article View: 24
- PDF Download: 13