Overseas Communication of Chinese Online Series. From the Perspective of The Untamed (Chen Qing Ling)
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 2, Pages 4243-4246
AbstractIn 2019, the online series the Untamed (Chen Qing Ling), adapted from the online novel the Founder of the Devil's Path, not only achieved a good harvest of popularity and good reputation in China, but also spread to Thailand, South Korea and other places， successfully landed on Netflix, YouTube and other foreign websites, aroused attention and heated discussion in overseas markets. Now the online series the Untamed (Chen Qing Ling) becomes another successful example of overseas communication of Chinese online series. This paper is mainly aimed to interpret the Untamed (Chen Qing Ling) from the internal driving force such as elaborately polish and create high-quality scripts and overseas adaptation reduces cultural discount, and external driving force of overseas communication of online series, to analyze its success from the aspects of content and marketing, and to explore the causes of its strong overseas influence in order to provide ideas for the future overseas communication of domestic online series.
- Du Yingjie, Yang Jie. (2019). A study on the overseas communication of drama adapted from literary classics. China Television, 02, 71-76.
- Guangming.com. (2019, July 28). The Untamed (Chen Qing Ling): Inheritance and promotion of national style and quintessence. Retrieved from: http://culture.gmw.cn/2019-06/28/content_32958255.html
- Hosklins, C., McFadyen, S., Finn, A. (2004). Global Television and Film--An Introduction to the Economics to the Business. Liu Feng et al. (Translator), Beijing:Xinhua Publishing House.
- Hu Xin. (2019, June 28). The Untamed (Chen Qing Ling): the Beauty of National Style. Retrieved from: http://culture.people.com.cn/n1/2019/0628/c1013-31200814.html
- Li Yang, Shao Lu. (2020). Overseas Integrated Communication of Online Novel Adaptations from the Perspective of Chen Qing Ling. Western Broadcast TV, 01, 74-75.
- Liang Kun. (2018). A study on the problems and countermeasures of the overseas dissemination of domestic historical dramas -- Taking the biography of Empresses in the Palace (Zhen Huan Zhuan) as an example. Media, 01, 37-39.
- Liu Tingting. (2019). Fans' thinking and online drama marketing—interpreting the hot broadcast phenomenon of The Untamed (Chen Qing Ling). Journal of News Research, 10(17), 103-104.
- Wu Li. (2019). On the successful elements of cultural export from the perspective of the popularity of The Untamed (Chen Qing Ling). Journal of Tasting the Classics, 06, 29-32.
- Zhao Hui. (2018). Shaping the cultural influence of overseas communication of Chinese TV series. China Television, 07, 48-51.
- Zhou Genhong. (2018). Overseas Communication of TV Series and Improvement of Cross-cultural Narrative Ability. Baijia Reviws, 03, 73-79.
- Zhou Genhong. (2019). Overseas communication and market development of Chinese TV series. TV Research, 07, 25-28.
- Article View: 41
- PDF Download: 48