The Impact of Adoption and Utilization Of E-Learning Technology by Employees on the E-Learning System on Organizational Learning: Mediating Role of Service Quality of the E-Learning System
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 2, Pages 4324-4334
AbstractThe study is carried out on the issues related to adoption and utilization of e-learning technology by employees, e-learning system on organizational learning, and service quality of the e-learning system. The study has examined the direct impact of adoption and utilization of e-learning technology by employees on the e-learning system on organizational learning. Meanwhile, the study has also examined the mediating role of service quality of the e-learning system. A 5-point Likert scale was adopted for the survey questionnaire for all the items. Number 1 on the scale referred to strongly disagree, and number 5 referred to strongly agree. The response rate of the study is 58 percent. The data is collected from the undergraduate student at Pakistani public public universities. The time frame of the study is between June 2020 to January 2021. The SEM-PLS is employed for the data analysis , which is one of the robust statistical tool for examining the structural models. It has been revealed by this research that organizational learning is directly influenced by employee satisfaction for the adoption and use of e-learning technology. However, the service quality of e-learning does not have a direct influence on institutional learning. The relationship between organizational learning effectiveness and service quality of the e-learning system has been fully mediated by the employee satisfaction of using e-learning technology.
- Adeleke, A., Bahaudin, A., & Kamaruddeen, A. (2015). A partial least square structural equation modeling (PLS SEM) preliminary analysis on organizational internal and external factors influencing effective construction risk management among Nigerian construction industries. Rev. Téc. Ing. Univ. Zulia, 38(143), 143-155.
- Akter, S., Fosso Wamba, S., & Dewan, S. (2017). Why PLS-SEM is suitable for complex modelling? An empirical illustration in big data analytics quality. Production Planning & Control, 28(11-12), 1011-1021.
- Almaiah, M. A., & Alyoussef, I. Y. (2019). Analysis of the effect of course design, course content support, course assessment and instructor characteristics on the actual use of E-learning system. IEEE Access, 7, 171907-171922.
- Amato, V., Macchi, F., & Tosca, E. (2017). Learning organization: the case of Italian multinational companies. World journal of management.
- Arthur, E., & Kariuki, M. G. (2019). Learner Access to Resources for eLearning and Preference for Elearning Delivery Mode in Distance Education Programs in Ghana. International Journal of Educational Technology, 6(2), 1-8.
- Asada, A., Basheerb, M. F., & Irfanc, M. (2020). Open-Innovation and Knowledge Management in Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs): The role of External Knowledge and Internal Innovation. Revista Argentina de Clínica Psicológica, 29(4), 80-90.
- Basheer, Hafeez, M. H., Hassan, S. G., & Haroon, U. (2018). Exploring the Role of TQM and Supply Chain Practices for Firm Supply Performance in the Presence of Organizational Learning Capabilities: A Case of Textile Firms in Pakistan. Paradigms, 12(2), 172-178.
- Basheer, KhorramI, A. A. A., & Hassan, S. G. (2018). Patronage factors of Islamic banking system in Pakistan. Academy of Accounting and Financial Studies Journal, 22, 1-9.
- Basheer, M. F., Raoof, R., Jabeen, S., & Hassan, S. G. (2021). Exploring the Nexus Among the Business Coping Strategy: Entrepreneurial Orientation and Crisis Readiness–A Post-COVID-19 Analysis of Pakistani SMEs. In Handbook of Research on Entrepreneurship, Innovation, Sustainability, and ICTs in the Post-COVID-19 Era (pp. 317-340). IGI Global.
- Basheer, M., Siam, M., Awn, A., & Hassan, S. (2019). Exploring the role of TQM and supply chain practices for firm supply performance in the presence of information technology capabilities and supply chain technology adoption: A case of textile firms in Pakistan. Uncertain Supply Chain Management, 7(2), 275-288.
- Bitzer, P., Janson, A., & Leimeister, J. M. (2018). Process is king: Evaluating the performance of technology-mediated learning in vocational software training. Journal of Information Technology, 33(3), 233-253.
- Bøe, T. (2018). E-learning technology and higher education: the impact of organizational trust. Tertiary Education and Management, 24(4), 362-376.
- Chen, J., Zhang, Y., & Wei, Y. (2019). Discrimination of the contextual features of top performers in scientific literacy using a machine learning approach. Research in Science Education, 1-30.
- Chuah, K. B., & Law, K. M. (2020). What Is Organizational Learning? Project Action Learning (PAL) Guidebook: Practical Learning in Organizations (pp. 3-14): Springer.
- Coşkunçay, D., Alkiş, N., & Yildirim, S. (2018). A structural model for students' adoption of learning management systems: An empirical investigation in the higher education context. Journal of Educational Technology & Society, 21(2), 13-27.
- Fraihat, D., Joy, M., & Sinclair, J. (2020). Evaluating E-learning systems success: An empirical study. Computers in Human Behavior, 102, 67-86.
- Hair, Hult, G. T. M., & Ringle, C. (2016). A primer on partial least squares structural equation modeling (PLS-SEM): Sage publications.
- Hair, Matthews, L. M., Matthews, R. L., & Sarstedt, M. (2017). PLS-SEM or CB-SEM: updated guidelines on which method to use. International Journal of Multivariate Data Analysis, 1(2), 107-123.
- Hafeez, M. H., Basheer, M. F., Rafique, M., & Siddiqui, S. H. (2018). Exploring the Links between TQM Practices, Business Innovativeness and Firm Performance: An Emerging Market Perspective. Pakistan Journal of Social Sciences (PJSS), 38(2).
- Hameed, W. U., Nawaz, M., Basheer, M. F., & Waseem, M. (2019). The Effect of AmanahIkhtiar Malaysia (AIM) on Microenterprise Success in Sabah State Malaysia. Dialogue (1819-6462), 14(2).
- Hameed, Waseem, M., & Dahri, A. S. (2020). Effect of enterprise risk management system and implementation problem on financial performance: An empirical evidence from Malaysian listed firms. Abasyn University Journal of Social Sciences, 13(1).
- Harrati, N., Bouchrika, I., & Tari, A. (2016). Exploring user satisfaction for e-learning systems via usage-based metrics and system usability scale analysis. Computers in Human Behavior, 61, 463-471.
- Hatamifar, P., Darban, A., & Rezvani, M. R. (2018). Analyzing Quality of Supply Chain Management in Hotels of Isfahan Using the Partial Least Squares (PLS). Journal of Quality Assurance in Hospitality & Tourism, 19(2), 172-191.
- Henseler, J., Hubona, G., & Ray, P. A. (2016). Using PLS path modeling in new technology research: updated guidelines. Industrial Management & Data Systems.
- Ismail, T., & Ummi, N. (2017). Improving anticipative learning through entrepreneurial orientation in small to medium size enterprises. European Research Studies, 20(3A), 748.
- Khalilzadeh, J., Ozturk, A. B., & Bilgihan, A. (2017). Security-related factors in extended UTAUT model for NFC based mobile payment in the restaurant industry. Computers in Human Behavior, 70, 460-474.
- Lai, P. (2017). The literature review of technology adoption models and theories for the novelty technology. JISTEM-Journal of Information Systems and Technology Management, 14(1), 21-38.
- Martins, J., Branco, F., & Gonçalves, R. (2019). Assessing the success behind the use of education management information systems in higher education. Telematics and Informatics, 38, 182-193.
- Mikalef, P., & Pateli, A. (2017). Information technology-enabled dynamic capabilities and their indirect effect on competitive performance: Findings from PLS-SEM and fsQCA. Journal of Business Research, 70, 1-16.
- Mitić, S., Nikolić, M., & Jankov, J. (2017). The impact of information technologies on communication satisfaction and organizational learning in companies in Serbia. Computers in Human Behavior, 76, 87-101.
- Muneer, S., Basheer, M. F., Shabbir, R., & Zeb, A. (2019). Does Information Technology Expedite the Internal Audit System? Determinants of Internal Audit Effectiveness: Evidence from Pakistani Banking Industry. Dialogue (1819-6462), 14(2).
- Nisar, Q. A., Basheer, M. F., Hussain, M. S., & Waqas, A. (2021). The Role of Leaders’ Emotional Sincerity towards Followers’ Trust: Leaders’ Integrity & Quality Relationship. Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government, 27(1), 472-479.
- Nuseir, M. T., Basheer, M. F., & Aljumah, A. (2020). Antecedents of entrepreneurial intentions in smart city of Neom Saudi Arabia: Does the entrepreneurial education on artificial intelligence matter?. Cogent Business & Management, 7(1), 1825041.
- Naala, M., Nordin, N., & Omar, W. (2017). Innovation capability and firm performance relationship: A study of pls-structural equation modeling (Pls-Sem). International Journal of Organization & Business Excellence, 2(1), 39-50.
- Namada, J. M. (2017). Organizational learning and firm performance: An empirical investigation in an emerging economy context.
- Nuseir, M. T., Basheer, M. F., & Aljumah, A. (2020). Antecedents of entrepreneurial intentions in smart city of Neom Saudi Arabia: Does the entrepreneurial education on artificial intelligence matter? Cogent Business & Management, 7(1), 1825041.
- Oloruntoyin, S. T. (2020). Integration of Knowledge Management and E-Learning Technologies in Academic Institutions. Journal of Islam and Science, 7(2), 88-93.
- Ong, M. H. A., & Puteh, F. (2017). Quantitative Data Analysis: Choosing Between SPSS, PLS, and AMOS in Social Science Research. International Interdisciplinary Journal of Scientific Research, 3(1), 14-25.
- Oseni, T., Chadhar, M., & Ivkovic, S. (2018). Organisational Learning with SaaS CRM–A case study of Higher Education.
- Pérez, M., Serrano, A. M., & Piqueres, G. (2020). An analysis of factors affecting students perceptions of learning outcomes with Moodle. Journal of Further and Higher Education, 44(8), 1114-1129.
- Rahi, S., & Ghani, M. A. (2018). The role of UTAUT, DOI, perceived technology security and game elements in internet banking adoption. World Journal of Science, Technology and Sustainable Development.
- Richter, N. F., Cepeda, G., & Roldán, J. L. (2016). European management research using partial least squares structural equation modeling (PLS-SEM). European Management Journal, 34 (6), 589-597.
- Sagnier, C., Escande, É., & Valléry, G. (2019). Technology acceptance of virtual reality: A review. Le travail humain, 82(3), 183-212.
- Sattari, A., Rouhollah, K., & Lashkari, M. (2021). Studying the process of research in management with emphasis on the concept of leadership and its implications in management and educational leadership: A bibliographic analysis. Journal of Management and Planning In Educational System, 13(2), 121-148.
- Shuhaiber, A. (2018). The role of perceived control, enjoyment, cost, sustainability and trust on intention to use smart meters: An empirical study using SEM-PLS. Paper presented at the World Conference on Information Systems and Technologies.
- Tarhini, A., Mohammed, A. B., & Maqableh, M. (2017). Factors influencing students’ adoption of e-learning: a structural equation modeling approach. Journal of International Education in Business.
- Tortorella, G. L., Vergara, A. M. C., & Sawhney, R. (2020). Organizational learning paths based upon industry 4.0 adoption: An empirical study with Brazilian manufacturers. International Journal of Production Economics, 219, 284-294.
- Watungwa, T., & Pather, S. (2018). Identification of User Satisfaction Dimensions for the Evaluation of University Administration Information Systems. Paper presented at the ICICKM 2018 15th International Conference on Intellectual Capital Knowledge Management & Organisational Learning.
- Yawson, D., & Yamoah, F. A. (2020). Understanding utility essentials of e-learning management systems in higher education: a multi-generational cohort perspective. Open Learning: The Journal of Open, Distance and e-Learning, 1-17.
- Article View: 54
- PDF Download: 29