Factors Influencing Investor's Perception Towards Mutual Funds In Tamil Nadu: A Study
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 3, Pages 137-143
AbstractIn India, retail investors generally depend on the information that provides neither inflation hedges nor positive absolute returns. Millions of investors have acquired new insights thanks to mutual funds, which have taken investment to their doorstep. A mutual fund is an investment vehicle that pools money from several different investors and invests it in stocks, shares, short-term money market instruments, other securities or properties, or a combination of these. The primary motivation for investing in mutual funds is to earn a decent return with low risk. As a result, mutual fund success is largely the result of skilled fund managers' combined efforts and diligent investors. It is critical to understand mutual fund investors' needs and their preferences for mutual fund schemes, and their performance assessment in the current environment. This research aims to examine how investors in Tamil Nadu perceive mutual funds as an investment choice. A survey of over a hundred professional Tamilnadu investors is currently underway. A structured questionnaire was used to collect data, and descriptive statistical methods such as demographic analysis with simple percentages, rotation component matrix, and ANOVA test were used to analyze it. According to the results, age and marital status have no impact on investors' perceptions of mutual funds. Furthermore, factors such as benefits, Convenience, and reputation influence investors' purchasing behaviour. The research would benefit academics, market researchers, institutional investors, traders, distributors, and other potential investors.
- Bharti, K., Agrawal, R., & Sharma, V. (2015). Literature review and proposed conceptual framework. International Journal of Market Research, 571-604.
- Duggimpudi, R. R., Abdou, H., & Zaki, M. (2010). An evaluation of equity diversified mutual funds: The case of the Indian market. Investment Management and Financial Innovations, 66-73.
- Goel, A., & Khatik, R. (2017). A study on investors' awareness and preference towards mutual funds as an investment option. International Journal of Commerce and Management, 61-65.
- Kaur, S., Batra, G. S., & Anjum, B. (2013). Investor's perception towards selection of mutual funds rather than stock market. International Research Journal of Business and Management, 53-63.
- Kumar, S. K. (2014). Influence of risk perception of investors on investment decisions: An empirical analysis. Journal of Finance and Bank Management, 15-25.
- Muthukrishnan, S. K. (2016). Demographic conditions influencing the investors' perception towards mutual fund investment in Virudhunagar district, Tamil Nadu. International Journal of Advance Research and Innovative Ideas in Education, 3789-3794.
- Pandey, S. (2017). A comparative study of performance of top mutual fund schemes in India. 114-124.
- Rajasekar, D. D. (2013). A Study on Investor's Preference Towards Mutual funds with Reference to Reliance Private Limited. Chennai- An Empirical Analysis. International Research Journal of Business and Mangement, 38-44.
- Rathnamani, V. (2013). Investor's Preferences towards Mutual Fund Industry in Trichy. Journal of Business and Management , 48-55.
- Reddy, R., & Sudhakar, D. (2016). The perception of individual investors towards the performance of mutual funds. Journal of Business and Management, 9-14.
- Roy, S., & Ghosh, S. K. (2012). A Comparative Study of Mutual Fund Performance during Recession in India. International Journal of Financial Management.
- Saini, S., Anjum, B., & & Saini, R. (2011). Investors' awareness and perception about mutual funds. International Journal of multidisciplinary research, 14-29.
- Sharma, N. (2012). Indian Investor's Perception towards Mutual Funds. Business Management Dynamics.
- Shukla, A., & Kukreja, M. (2014). A Study to Analysis Sectorial Correlation between Book Value, DPS, EPSs, P/E and Market Price of Selected Companies Listed on BSE, India. Indian Journal of Applied Research.
- Vyas, R. (2012). Mutual fund investor's behaviour and perception in Indore city. Researchers World, 67
- Article View: 48
- PDF Download: 37