The Bark Extraction of Salix Aegyptiaca L Antibacterial Activity
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 3, Pages 169-171
AbstractThe use of plants as a source of medicine has been a part of life in the world since ancient times. Many modern pharmaceuticals are based on plant-based drugs, and they are used to treat a range of illnesses in today's society. The aim of this research was to identify alternative compounds that could be used in the production of antimicrobial compounds. It is expected that a compound that can be used as a raw material for antimicrobial agents will be discovered. Salix alba has been used as medicine for a long time. We conclude that Salix aegyptiacabark extract can be used as a safe and effective drug for Candidiasis based on the results.
- Talbot GH, Bradley J, Edwards JE Jr, Gilbert D, Scheld M, Bartlett JG. Bad bugs need drugs: an update on the development pipeline from the Antimicrobial Availability Task Force of the Infectious Diseases Society of America. Clin Infect Dis 2006; 42(5): 657-668.
- Gould IM. The epidemiology of antibiotic resistance. Int J Antimicrob Agents 2008; 32(Suppl 1): S2-S9.
- Rice LB. Federal funding for the study of antimicrobial resistance in nosocomial pathogens: no ESKAPE. J Infect Dis 2008; 197(8): 1079-1081.
- Radji M, Fauziah S, Aribinuko N. Antibiotic sensitivity pattern of bacterial pathogens in the intensive care unit of Fatmawati Hospital, Indonesia. Asian Pac J Trop Biomed 2011; 1(1): 39-42.
- Winarto. Prevalence of extended-spectrum β-Lactamases (ESBL)-bacteria of blood isolates in Dr. Kariadi Hospital Semarang 2004-2005. Media Medika Indosiana 2009; 43(5): 260-267.
- Lestari ES, Severin JA, Filius PMG, Kuntaman K, Duerink DO, Hadi U, et al, Antimicrobial resistance among commensal isolates of Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus aureus in the Indonesian population inside and outside hospitals. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 2008; 27: 45-51.
- Duerink DO, Lestari ES, Hadi U, Nagelkerke NDJ, Severin JA, Verbrugh HA, et al. Determinants of carriage of resistant Escherichia coli in the Indonesian population inside and outside hospitals. J Antimicrob Chemother 2007; 60: 377-384.
- Rios JL, Recio MC. Medicinal plants and antimicrobial activity. J Ethnopharmacol 2005; 100: 80-84.
- Tomoko N, Takashi A, Hiromu T, Yuka I, Hiroko M, Munekaju I, et al. Antibacterial activity of extracts prepared from tropical and subtropical plants on methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. J Health Sci 2002; 48: 273-276.
- Nair, R., Kalariya, T., Sumitra, C., 2005. Antibacterial activity of some selected Indian Medicinal flora. Turkey Journal of Biology 29, 41–47.
- Rajan, S., Baburaj, D.S., Sethuraman, M., Parimala, S., 2001. Stem and stem bark used medicinally by the Tribals Irulas and Paniyas of Nilgiri District, Tamilnadu. Ethnobotany 6, 19–24.
- Perumal Samy, R., Ignacimuthu, S., Sen, A., 1998. Screening of 34 medicinal plants for antibacterial properties. Journal of Ethnopharmacology 62,173–182.
- Kasuko, I., Nagayo, O., 1951. Effects of vegetable drugs on pathogenic fungi I. Effect of anthraquinone-glycoside containing crude drugs upon the growth of pathogenic fungi. Bulletin of Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Japan 2,23–29.
- Patel, D., Karbhari, D., Gulati, D., Gokhale, D., 1965. Antipyretic and analgesic activities of Aconatum spicatum and Cassia fistula. Pharmaceutical Biology 157, 22–27.
- Biswas, K., Ghosh, A.B., 1973. In Bharatia Banawasadhi, Calcutta University.Advancement of learning, Calcutta, India 2, 336.
- Kirtikar, K.R., Basu, B.D., 1975. Indian Medicinal Plants, vol. 4., second ed.Jayyed Press, New Delhi.
- Satyavati, G.V., Sharma, M., 1989. Medicinal Plant in India. ICMR, New Delhi.
- Alam, M.M., Siddiqui, M.B., Hussian,W., 1990. Treatment of diabetes through herbal drugs in rural India. Fitoterpia 61, 240–242.
- Jaipal et al., 1983 Jaipal, S., Sing, Z., Chauhan, R., 1983. Juvenile hormone like activity in extracts of some common Indian plants. Indian Journal of Agricultural Science 53,730–733.
- Sharma and Basandrai, 1999 Sharma, B.K., Basandrai, A.K., 1999. Efficacy of some plant extracts for the management of Karnal bunt [Neovossia (Tilletia) indica] of wheat Triticum aestivum. Indian Journal of Agricultural Science 69, 837–839.
- Raja et al., 2000 Raja, N., Albert, S., Ignacimuthu, S., 2000. Effect of solvent residues of Vitex negundo Linn.and Cassia fistula Linn. on pulse beetle, Callosobruchus maculates Fab. and its larval parasitoid, Dinarmus vagabundus (Timberlake). Indian Journal of Experimental Biology 38, 290–292.).
- Prashanth Kumar, V., Chauhan, N.S., Padh, H., Rajani, M., 2006. Search for antibacterial antifungal agents from selected Indian medicinal plants. Journal of Ethnopharmacology 107, 182–188.
- Perry, 1980 Perry, L.M., 1980. Medicinal plants of East and South East Asia. MIT Press,Cambridge.
- Aspirin: the unique drug. Arch Surg 1974; 108:765-69.
- Hyson MI. Anticephalgic photoprotective premedicated mask. A report of a successful double-blind placebo-controlled study of a new treatment for headaches with associated frontalis pain and photophobia.Headache 1998; 38:475-7.
- Schilcher H. Phytotherapy in paediatrics : handbook for physicians and pharmacists : with reference to commission E monographs of the Federal Department of Health in Germany : includes 100 commission E monographs and and 15 ESCOP monographs. Stuttgart: medpharm Scientific Publishers, 1997:181.
- Anonymous. Monographs on the medicinal uses of plants. Exeter: European Scientific Cooperative on Phytotherapy, 1997.
- Article View: 116
- PDF Download: 84