Journey through the India’s National Education Policy – Previous and the Present
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 3, Pages 272-279
AbstractEducation in India has seen a frequent change from the history to the present. Education is not just learning the subjects like history, economics, mathematics, science, et cetera, but gaining relevant skills. Education helps to utilize resources successfully. Through the enhancement of education, individuals can gain knowledge and skills related to each subject. Through the development of education, a country can foster resources, and development can be achieved. India has now come up with new policies related to the education sector. Journey through the national education policy provides an overall view of all the policies which were introduced in India. At the same time, it showcases various committees and commissions set up to provide a better educational facility. In this particular research article, an outlook is provided over the meaning and the need of education policy. It also focuses on three major national education policies introduced by the Government of India in the previous years of 1968, 1986, and 2020. This article compares the objectives and other important factors of the three national education policies that have succeeded in bringing changes in the education sector from time to time.
- Benjamin Franklin Quotes. “BrainyQuote.com. Brainy Media Inc, 2021. Retrieved on January 12, 2021 from https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/benjamin_franklin_141119
- Adam, William (1983). One Teacher, One School: The Adam Reports on Indigenous Education in 19th Century India.
- Kanika Bansal. (2017). Impact of British Raj on the Education System in India: The Process of Modernisation in the Princely States of India- The Case of Mohindra College, Patiala. Creative Space. Volume 5, Issue 1. Pp:13-28.
- Taylor, S., Rizvi, F., Lingard, B. and Henry, M. (1997) Educational Policy and the politics of Change, London: Routledge.
- Kogan, M. (1975) Educational Policy-Making: A Study on Interest Groups and Parliament, London: George Allen and Unwin Ltd.
- Census of India 1981, 1991, 2001 and 2011.
- Indian Policy Report 2014.
- Shakeel A (2018). List of Committees and Commissions of India before Independence. Retrieved on January 12, 2021 from https://www.jagranjosh.com/general-knowledge/list-of-committees-and-commissions-in-india-before-independence-1519648788-1
- MHRD, (2009). National Knowledge Commission - Report to the Nation (2006-2009), Government of India, New Delhi: India.
- National Education Policy, 1968. Retrieved on January 12, 2021 from https://www.education.gov.in/sites/upload_files/mhrd/files/document-reports/NPE-1968.pdf
- National Policy on Education, 1986. Retrieved on January 12, 2021 from https://www.education.gov.in/sites/upload_files/mhrd/files/upload_document/npe.pdf
- National Education Policy 2020. Retrieved on January 12, 2021 from https://www.education.gov.in/sites/upload_files/mhrd/files/NEP_Final_English_0.pdf
- Article View: 45
- PDF Download: 26