Evaluating the performance of government tourism facilities using ABC and EVA techniques / Case Study
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 3, Pages 285-293
AbstractThis study aims to measure cost and performance under the Activity Based Costing (ABC) technique with the economic value-added financial performance measure. The proposed ABC-and-EVA is an administrative support tool for cost and capital management. The integrated ABC-and-EVA input includes resource consumption rate as in traditional ABC technology, but it also includes capital resources. It is done by examining the cost of each activity in the first stage. The company’s capital information is then converted into capital charges to discuss the changes in final product costs and potential changes in performance.
- Atkinson, Anthony A., Kaplan, Robert S., Matsumura, Ella Mae, Young, S. Mark, (1995) ''Management Accounting'' Prentice-Hill International, INC.
- Atkinson, Anthony A., Kaplan, Robert S., Matsumura, Ella Mae, Young, S. Mark, (2001) ''Management Accounting'' Prentice-Hill International, INC.
- Horngren, Charles T., Datar, Srikant M., Rajan, Madhav V., (2012), ''Cost Accounting A Managerial Emphasis'', 4th Ed, Pearson Education, Inc.
- Jasch, Christine (2009) ''Environmental And Material Flow Cost Accounting Principles And Procedures, Springer Science And Business Media B.V.
- Drury, Colin, (1998) ''Costing An Introduction'' 4th ed, International Thomson, Publishing, London.
- Hilton, Ronald W, (1999), ''Managerial Accounting'', 4th Ed, McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- Sharma, Anil K., Kumar, Satish ( (2006). Performance evaluation, Economic Value Added and Managerial Behavior. PES Business Review.
- Kaplan, Robert S., Atkinson, Anthony A., (2008), ''Advanced Management Accounting'', Prentice-Hill International, INC.
- Kinney, Michael, Raiborn, Cecily A. (2011) ''Cost Accounting: Foundations and Evolutions'', 8th Ed, South-Western, Cengage Learning.
- Roztocki, Narcyz, (1998) '' Integrating Activity-Based Costing And Economic Value Added In Manufacturing'', Engineering Management Journal.
- Garrison, Ray, Noreen, Eric and Brewer, Peter,(2011) ''Managerial Accounting, Mc Graw-Hill Companies, INC.
- Lanen, William, Lanen, William N., Anderson, Shannon, (2011), ''Fundamentals of Cost Accounting'', 3 Ed, McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- Othman, Afrah Abdul-Jabbar Muhammad, Al-Tikriti, Ismail, (2002), "Designing a cost accounting system using the (ABC) system, a theoretical and practical study in the Yemeni National Tobacco and Sulfur Company (Kamran)", Master Thesis, Baghdad University College of Administration and Economics.
- Alwan, Abeer Abdel-Amir Miteb, Hamza, Hassan Karim, (2019), "Evaluating financial performance using the added economic value and its impact on stock returns, a standard study on a sample of private banks listed in the Iraq Stock Exchange for the period 2005-2016", Master Thesis, University of Kufa, College of Administration and Economics.
- Lulu, Shaaban Muhammad Aqeel, Shajbin, Ali Abdullah, (2015), "The ability of the economic added value index versus traditional performance indicators to explain the change in the market value of shares, an applied study on companies listed on the Palestine Stock Exchange", Master Thesis, Islamic University - Gaza College of Commerce, Accounting and Finance Program.
- Ibrahim, Sahar Talal, Yousef,d. Faiz Naeem, (2004), “The Use of Activity-Based Costing (ABC) Method in Health Service Costs A theoretical and practical study in Specialized Surgery Hospital”, Master Thesis, University of Baghdad College of Management and Economics.
- Maalem Souad, a. Abu Hafs Sumayma, (2017), “Creating a value in the enterprise according to the economic value-added index, a case study of the Cable Industry Corporation, Jazal Kabul Branch - Biskra”, Journal of Human and Social Sciences, Issue 30.
- Abd Al-Khalaf Abdul-Janabi, d. Nassif Jassim Al-Jubouri, (2004), “The Effect of Applying the Activity Based Costing Method on Product Pricing Decisions, An Applied Study in the Leather Clothes Laboratory at the General Company for Leather Industries”, Master Thesis, University of Baghdad College of Administration and Economics.
- Malika Mohammadi, 2015, “The Role of Implementing the Activities-Based Costing System (ABC) in Monitoring the Facilitation of the Economic Corporation, A Case Study of the Oasis Mills Corporation - Naqrat”, Master Thesis, Qasida Merbah-Dargla University, College of Economic Sciences, Business Sciences and Facilitation Sciences Department commercial Sciences.
- A workshop, (2020), entitled “Horizons of tourism activity for the advancement of the Iraqi economy”, House of Wisdom, Department of Information and Decision Support Center in cooperation with the Tourism Authority.
- Article View: 50
- PDF Download: 17