An Overview of Electronic Commerce (e-Commerce)
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 3, Pages 665-670
AbstractThe world economy is witnessing a transition. All companies are transformed into information-based operations through online technologies. The pace of technical transition is so exponential that modern electronic commerce is now making significant shifts in the economic environment, impacting all areas of industry. The Web has expanded companies' scope. The vast quantity of business information made accessible by the global network that facilitates the gathering of information between firms, a corporation, its clients and the various divisions of a business is increasing exponentially. The information-based virtual value chains for any company cannot be overlooked operationally or strategically. This review article discussed the aspects of electronic commerce including its importance, facilitators, benefits, challenges and scope in the Indian market.
- R. E. Walch, “Electronic commerce,” in Key Aspects of German Business Law (Fourth Edition): A Practical Manual, 2009.
- E. Turban, J. Whiteside, D. King, and J. Outland, Introduction to Electronic Commerce and Social Commerce. 2017.
- E. E. Grandon and J. M. Pearson, “Electronic commerce adoption: An empirical study of small and medium US businesses,” Inf. Manag., 2004, doi: 10.1016/j.im.2003.12.010.
- “E-Commerce and E-Business,” in Information and Communication Technology in Organizations: Adoption, Implementation, Use and Effects, 2012.
- D. Gefen, “E-commerce: The role of familiarity and trust,” Omega, 2000, doi: 10.1016/S0305-0483(00)00021-9.
- D. Peterson, “Introduction to E-commerce,” in Financial Services Information Systems, 2000.
- R. Rahayu and J. Day, “E-commerce adoption by SMEs in developing countries: evidence from Indonesia,” Eurasian Bus. Rev., 2017, doi: 10.1007/s40821-016-0044-6.
- A. G. Khan, “Electronic Commerce: A Study on Benefits and Challenges in an Emerging Economy,” Type Double Blind Peer Rev. Int. Res. J. Publ. Glob. Journals Inc, 2016.
- P. Kalia, N. Kaur, and T. Singh, “E-Commerce in India,” in Mobile Commerce, 2017.
- C. M. Abhilash, “E-commerce law in developing countries: An indian perspective,” Int. J. Phytoremediation, 2002, doi: 10.1080/1360083022000031948.
- Article View: 21
- PDF Download: 30