Analysis of Importance of Emotional Quotient in Education
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 3, Pages 682-686
AbstractEmotional intelligence has been focused in recent times as the competition is going to increase day by day. The handle of the emotional become more relevant in the competitive atmosphere. The youngster has to face the competition in their studies and sport, the adult has to handle their carries and sometimes their love life also. The employed person has to face a lot of stress at their workplace; even today’s fast-moving world has no guarantee of any misfortune in an individual’s life. Therefore, one needs to be emotionally enough strong to handle or control their emotions to come out from any unexpected circumstances. The emotional quotient has become a more sensitive issue to discuss apart from the intelligence quotient. The present paper has been written to address the level of the emotional intelligence of school-going students.
- T. W. Moon and W. M. Hur, “Emotional intelligence, emotional exhaustion, and job performance,” Soc. Behav. Pers., 2011.
- D. L. Joseph and D. A. Newman, “Emotional Intelligence: An Integrative Meta-Analysis and Cascading Model,” J. Appl. Psychol., 2010.
- F. Cavazotte, V. Moreno, and M. Hickmann, “Effects of leader intelligence, personality and emotional intelligence on transformational leadership and managerial performance,” Leadersh. Q., 2012.
- E. H. O’Boyle, R. H. Humphrey, J. M. Pollack, T. H. Hawver, and P. A. Story, “The relation between emotional intelligence and job performance: A meta-analysis,” J. Organ. Behav., 2011.
- J. L. Huang, A. M. Ryan, K. L. Zabel, and A. Palmer, “Personality and adaptive performance at work: A meta-analytic investigation,” J. Appl. Psychol., 2014.
- C. S. Wong and K. S. Law, “The effects of leader and follower emotional intelligence on performance and attitude: An exploratory study,” in Leadership Perspectives, 2017.
- P. S. Mishra and A. K. D. Mohapatra, “Relevance of emotional intelligence for effective job performance: An empirical study,” Vikalpa, 2010.
- R. Teper and M. Inzlicht, “Meditation, mindfulness and executive control: The importance of emotional acceptance and brain-based performance monitoring,” Soc. Cogn. Affect. Neurosci., 2013.
- A. Aritzeta, N. Balluerka, A. Gorostiaga, I. Alonso-Arbiol, M. Haranburu, and L. Gartzia, “Classroom emotional intelligence and its relationship with school performance,” Eur. J. Educ. Psychol., 2016.
- P. Qualter, K. J. Gardner, D. J. Pope, J. M. Hutchinson, and H. E. Whiteley, “Ability emotional intelligence, trait emotional intelligence, and academic success in British secondary schools: A 5year longitudinal study,” Learn. Individ. Differ., 2012.
- Article View: 55
- PDF Download: 58