A Literature Study on the Product Packaging Influences on the Customers Behavior
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 3, Pages 779-785
AbstractMany organizations in the business sector have focused on one tactic or another to win more profit margins for products. An effort made by the organization to get more consumers to buy their products, organizations have always been engaging in this process. Different technologies to help their products compete with the product of rivals, the packaging type is one step to make customers aware of the product. Despite the fact that perhaps the packaging as well as the manner in which the customer determines the benefit/value of the product, the packaging rationale for purchase behaviors has been thoroughly studied and the outcomes have adequately defined the connection among the packaging with the purchasing behavior of a customer. The consumer's shopping behavior depends mostly on packaging as well as its characteristics. Packaging features such as color packaging, context illustration, and packaging content, font type, wrapping design, printed details and novelty are used as indicators. As self-service grows and customers' lifestyles shift, interest in packaging as a product advertising tactic and a catalyst to impulsive purchasing behavior is rising. Package, therefore, plays a key role throughout advertising relations, particularly at the stage of sale, which may be considered to be among the key significant aspects impacting customer buying behaviors.
- M. Taylor, “Measuring Financial Capability and its Determinants Using Survey Data,” Soc. Indic. Res., 2011.
- N. Arifeen, M. Hussain, S. Kazmi, M. Mubin, S. L. Mughal, and W. Qadri, “Measuring Business Performance: Comparison of Financial, Non Financial and Qualitative Indicators,” 2014.
- B. Mohebbi, “The art of packaging: An investigation into the role of color in packaging, marketing, and branding,” Int. J. Organ. Leadersh., 2014.
- B. S. Wijaya, “Dimensions of Brand Image: A Conceptual Review from the Perspective of Brand Communication,” Eur. J. Bus. Manag., 2013.
- R. L. Underwood, “The Communicative Power of Product Packaging: Creating Brand Identity via Lived and Mediated Experience,” J. Mark. Theory Pract., 2003.
- L. Metcalf, J. S. Hess, J. E. Danes, and J. Singh, “A mixed-methods approach for designing market-driven packaging,” Qual. Mark. Res., 2012.
- R. Kuvykaite, A. Dovaliene, and L. Navickiene, “Impact of package elements on consumer’s purchase decision,” Econ. Manag., 2009.
- M. M. Deliya and B. J. Parmar, “Role of Packaging on Consumer Buying Behavior–Patan District,” Glob. J. Manag. Bus. Res., 2012.
- P. Silayoi and M. Speece, “Packaging and purchase decisions: An exploratory study on the impact of involvement level and time pressure,” British Food Journal. 2004.
- S. A. Mousavi and M. M. Jahromi, “Examining the Relationship Between Packaging and Consumer Buying Behavior (Case Study: Comparison of Pasteurized 1.5L Milk of Brands Roozaneh and Mihan),” Indian J. Fundam. Appl. Life Sci. Online Int. J. Available, 2014.
- B. Rundh, “The multi-faceted dimension of packaging: Marketing logistic or marketing tool?,” Br. Food J., 2005.
- R. L. Underwood, N. M. Klein, and R. R. Burke, “Packaging communication: Attentional effects of product imagery,” J. Prod. Brand Manag., 2001.
- L. E. Wells, H. Farley, and G. A. Armstrong, “The importance of packaging design for own-label food brands,” Int. J. Retail Distrib. Manag., 2007.
- P. Silayoi and M. Speece, “The importance of packaging attributes: A conjoint analysis approach,” Eur. J. Mark., 2007.
- N. Vila and O. Ampuero, “The role of packaging in positioning an orange juice,” J. Food Prod. Mark., 2007.
- V. Butkevičiene, J. Stravinskiene, and A. Rutelione, “Impact of consumer package communication on consumer decision making process,” Eng. Econ., 2008.
- J. S. Kumar, “The Psychology of Colour Influences Consumers’ Buying Behaviour – A Diagnostic Study,” Ushus - J. Bus. Manag., 2017.
- M. Deliya, “Consumer Behavior Towards the New Packaging of Fmcg Products,” Natl. Mon. Ref. J. Res. Commer. Manag., 2012.
- X. Deng and A. Fligner, “The Effect of Packaging Typeface on Product Perception and Evaluation,” in Advances in Consumer Research, 2019.
- C. McDaniel and R. C. Baker, “Convenience Food Packaging and the Perception of Product Quality,” J. Mark., 1977.
- H. Kauppinen-Räisänen and H. T. Luomala, “Exploring consumers’ product-specific colour meanings,” Qual. Mark. Res., 2010.
- A. R. Raheen, P. Vishnu, and A. M. Ahmed, “Impact Of Product Packaging On Consumer’s Buying Behavior,” Eur. J. Sci. Res., 2014.
- G. M. Abdalkrim and R. S. A.- Hrezat, “The Role of packaging in Consumers’ Perception of Product Quality at the point of purchase,” Eur. J. Bus. Manag., 2013.
- K. Polyakova, “Packaging Design as a Marketing Tool and Desire to Purchase,” 2013.
- S. Hussain, M. Ibrahim, and A. Noreen, “Impact of Product Packaging on Consumer Perception and Purchase Intention,” J. Mark. Consum. Res., 2015.
- R. Saeed, R. N. Lodhi, A. Rauf, M. I. Rana, Z. Mahmood, and M. Ahmad, “Impact of labeling on customer buying behavior in Sahiwal, Pakistan,” World Appl. Sci. J., 2013.
- R. Rettie and C. Brewer, “The verbal and visual components of package design,” J. Prod. Brand Manag., 2000.
- C. M. Agyeman, “Consumers’ Buying Behavior towards Green Products: an Exploratory Study,” Int. J. Manag. Res. Bus. Strateg., 2014.
- A. Karbasivar and H. Yarahmadi, “Evaluating Effective Factors on Consumer Impulse Buying Behavior,” Asian J. Bus. Manag. Stud., 2011.
- Article View: 94
- PDF Download: 106