An Acute Review of Talent Management in Work Place
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 3, Pages 793-798
AbstractTalent management is a continuous process that consists of retaining as well as attracting high-quality employees, augmenting their skills, and encouraging them continuously to enhance their performance. The main perseverance of talent management is to construct an enthused workforce that will stay with the corporation in the long course. Talent management assists workforces to feel involved, skilled, and encouraged, letting them put the effort into their works to achieve the corporation's business goals, which consecutively, upsurges business performance and client satisfaction. This paper reviews problem with the clarification of talent management and the deficiency of data associating various specialist statements. Later we highlight the researches which maintains a methods-oriented clarification focused on the planned talent management. In the last part, we recommend some forthcoming opportunities in associated research to advance the arena of managing talent and also associate it more thoroughly with the enormous size of activity in strategic human resources management.
- A. McDonnell, D. G. Collings, K. Mellahi, and R. Schuler, “Talent management: A systematic review and future prospects,” European Journal of International Management. 2017, doi: 10.1504/EJIM.2017.081253.
- M. Deery, “Talent management, work-life balance and retention strategies,” Int. J. Contemp. Hosp. Manag., 2008, doi: 10.1108/09596110810897619.
- G. K. Stahl et al., “Six principles of effective global talent management,” MIT Sloan Management Review. 2012, doi: 10.1109/emr.2016.7559058.
- S. E. Khilji, I. Tarique, and R. S. Schuler, “Incorporating the macro view in global talent management,” Hum. Resour. Manag. Rev., 2015, doi: 10.1016/j.hrmr.2015.04.001.
- E. Gallardo-gallardo, N. Dries, and T. F. González-cruz, “Human Resource Management Review What is the meaning of ‘ talent ’ in the world of work ?,” Hum. Resour. Manag. Rev., 2013.
- S. Nijs, E. Gallardo-Gallardo, N. Dries, and L. Sels, “A multidisciplinary review into the definition, operationalization, and measurement of talent,” J. World Bus., 2014, doi: 10. 1016/j.jwb.2013.11.002.
- J. C. Hughes and E. Rog, “Talent management: A strategy for improving employee recruitment, retention and engagement within hospitality organizations,” Int. J. Contemp. Hosp. Manag., 2008, doi: 10.1108/09596110810899086.
- H. Scullion and D. G. Collings, Global talent management. 2011.
- C. Tansley, “What do we mean by the term ‘talent’ in talent management?,” Ind. Commer. Train., 2011, doi: 10.1108/00197851111145853.
- T. N. Krishnan and H. Scullion, “Talent management and dynamic view of talent in small and medium enterprises,” Hum. Resour. Manag. Rev., 2017, doi: 10.1016/j.hrmr.2016.10. 003.
- M. C. Meyers, M. van Woerkom, and N. Dries, “Talent - Innate or acquired? Theoretical considerations and their implications for talent management,” Hum. Resour. Manag. Rev., 2013, doi: 10.1016/j.hrmr.2013.05.003.
- E. Gallardo-Gallardo, N. Dries, and T. F. González-Cruz, “What is the meaning of ‘talent’ in the world of work?,” Hum. Resour. Manag. Rev., 2013, doi: 10.1016/j.hrmr.2013.05.002.
- Article View: 11
- PDF Download: 24