The Leadership Styles of the College Deans
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 3, Pages 978-982
AbstractLeadership styles are essential in the academe world wherein people are more volatile and competitive in the workplace, where leaders should be more flexible to respond to the rapid changes in the working environment, and how to adopt different leadership styles to manage their organizations well. This study focuses on the different leadership styles of college deans in the state universities through the use of a descriptive research method with a total of 260 respondents. Based on the findings of the study, the leadership styles were rated as moderate extent. However, among the six leadership styles of Goleman et.al. (2002), the commanding leadership style got the lowest weighted mean. Hence, there is a need for the improvement on the commanding leadership styles of the college deans in order to have a greater influence to motivate the faculty to perform their work effectively and efficiently.
- Bragg, Terry. 2002. “Motivate your Employees by Offering More Interesting”. Challenging Job Experiences retrieved from www.bizjournals.com date retrieved November 16, 2018.
- Conley, Randy. 2011. “L:eading with Trust” Do your Leader Build or Erode?” retrieved from www.mind.tools.com date retrieved November 17, 2018.
- Fatokun, J.O., Salaam, M.O., and Ajegbomogun, F.O. 2010. The Influence of Leadership Style on the Performance of Subordinates in Nigerian Libraries. Library Philosophy and Practice (e-Journal) 422.
- Goleman, Daniel et al. 2002. “Leading Resonant Teams”. Leader to Leader Publication, 25.
- Hughes, Helen C. 2013. Why is a Commanding Leadership Style High Risk. Retrieved from workpress.com dated November 30, 2018.
- McConnell, Alyse. 2015. “Relationship with Supervisor”. Retrieved from a2coachinggroup.com date retrieved November 16, 2018.
- Robbins, Tony. 2018. What’s your Leadership Style? Robbins Research International Inc. San Diego, C.A. Retrieved from tonyrobbins.com dated November 30, 2018.
- Springer, Mitchel L. 2016. Project and Program Management: A competency-Based Approach. Purdue University Press. United States of America.
- Wrench, Jason S. 2013. Workplace Communication for the 21st Century: Tools and Strategies that impact the Bottomline. PRAEGER ABC-CLIO, LLC.
- Article View: 60
- PDF Download: 58