The Relationship Between Strategic Improvisation And Entrepreneurial Performance: Analytical Research In The Ministry Of Agriculture
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 3, Pages 1030-1039
AbstractThe main objective of the research is to investigate the relationship and influence between strategic improvisation and entrepreneurial performance in the Ministry of Agriculture and to identify the nature and patterns of thinking prevailing at the leadership levels in the concerned ministry in order to identify appropriate procedures and practices that work to establish a culture of strategic improvisation and direct it towards enhancing entrepreneurial performance. Data were collected from (147) respondents represented by an intentional sample of the administrative leaderships and for data analysis, statistical programs (SPSS, AMOS) were employed by adopting appropriate statistical methods, and the results showed the correctness of correlations and influence at the level of major variables and sub-dimensions, which indicates the essential role of strategic improvisation to achieve entrepreneurial performance in the Ministry of Agriculture.
- Agbim, Kenneth Chukwujioke&Godday, Orziemgbe, Oriarewo& Tor Aondoaver Zever. (2014) "Impact of business environmental scanning behavior on the entrepreneurial performance of micropreneurs: A conceptual framework." European Journal of Business and Management Vol.6, No.24, pp. 87-97.
- Ahmad, H.&Arshad, D., Marchallina& L., & Marchalina, L. (2015). “Entrepreneurial orientation, strategic improvisation, talent management and firm performance”. Journal of Business Economics and Finance, 4(1), pp 92-18.
- Ahmad, Nadim&Hoffmann,Anders . (2008) "A framework for addressing and measuring entrepreneurship.” Entrepreneurship Indicators Steering Group, pp.1-31.
- AlIssa.(2020) “Direction Strategic" Utilizing financial bootstrapping to improve entrepreneurial performance . On the hook.
- Arshad, D., Zakaria, N., Abdul-Kadir, K., & Ahmad, N. (2018). "Linkage between Flexibility and SMEs Performance: Does Improvisation Matter?” In MATEC Web of Conferences (Vol. 215, p. 02003). EDP Sciences.
- Bakar, Abu,Hatinah &Rosli Mahmood& Nik Nor Hasimah Nik Ismail(2015)"Fostering Small and Medium Enterprises through Entrepreneurial Orientation and Strategic Improvisation ", Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences MCSER Publishing, Rome-Italy ,Vol 6 No 4,PP.481-487.
- Bari, Adibah& Arshad,Darwina .(2020) "The Mediating Role of Improvisation Behaviour on Proclivity for Entrepreneurial Self-Efficacy, Social Networking, and Women-Owned SME Business Success in Malaysia."، International Journal of Innovation، Creativity and Change، Vol.13,N.5,PP.1297-1314.
- Bergh, Donald D. & Elizabeth Ngah‐Kiing Lim. (2008)"Learning how to restructure: absorptive capacity and improvisational views of restructuring actions and performance." Strategic Management Journal 29.6, pp. 593-616.
- Bingham, Christopher B. (2009) "Oscillating improvisation: How entrepreneurial firms create success in foreign market entries over time." Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal, 3.4, pp.321-345.
- Bokhari, Ijaz Hussain& Armanurah, Binti Muhammad& Nazlina Zakaria. (2020)"Succession planning, strategic flexibility as predictors of business sustainability in family-owned SMEs: Moderating role of organization improvisation." Pakistan Journal of Commerce and Social Sciences (PJCSS) 14.1, pp. 368-387.
- Cheng, Jen-Wei& Lu, K. M. (2007) "Disentangling Employee’s Voice Behavior Process, pp.1-11.
- Crossan, M.&Cunha, M. P. E.& Vera, D., & Cunha, J. (2005). "Time and organizational improvisation". Academy of Management Review, Vol. 30, No. 1, pp.129-145.
- Cunha ,Miguel Pina e &Miner,Anne& Gomes,Emanuel&Tarba,Shlomo Y.& Kamoche,Ken& Johanna, Mair(2019)"Strategic Improvisation and Turbulent Emerging Markets" ,European Management Review,Pp.1-9.
- Entebang, Harry Anak. (2010) "Entrepreneurial orientation and corporate entrepreneurship performance of Government-linked companies in Malaysia". Diss. Queen's University Belfast, pp.1-47.
- Hmieleski, Keith M. & Andrew C. Corbett& Robert A. Baron (2013) "Entrepreneurs’ improvisational behavior and firm performance: A study of dispositional and environmental moderators." Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal 7.2, pp. 138-150.
- Hmieleski, Keith M. & Corbett,Andrew C. (2008) "The contrasting interaction effects of improvisational behavior with entrepreneurial self-efficacy on new venture performance and entrepreneur work satisfaction." Journal of business venturing 23.4, pp.482-496.
- Hu,Lingyu & Jibao Gu & Jianlin Wu & Augustine A. Lado(2018)" Regulatory focus, environmental turbulence, and entrepreneur improvisation", International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal 14.1,pp.129-148.
- Hughes,Paul & Robert E., Morgan& Ian R., Hodgkinsond&Yiannis, Kouropalatis& Adam, Lindgreen(2020)"A diagnostic tool to determine a strategic improvisation Readiness Index Score (IRIS) to survive, adapt, and thrive in a crisis" ,Industrial Marketing Management,88, PP.485-499.
- Ibrahim,Najafi Auwalu& Rosli, Mahmood & Muhammad, Shukri Bakar(2018)"Strategic improvisation and HEIs performance: the moderating role of organizational culture",journal Emerald, Vol. 2 No. 3, pp. 212-230.
- Kamoche, Ken&Miguel Pina E. Cunha& Joao Vieira da Cunha. (2003)"Towards a theory of organizational improvisation: Looking beyond the jazz metaphor." Journal of Management Studies 40.8, pp. 2023-2051.
- Levallet, Nadège& Yolande, Chan. "(2015)”Using IT to Unleash the Power of Strategic Improvisation.” IT and Strategic Improvisation, 1-18.
- Levallet,Nadège. (2014). “Strategic Improvisation in Turbulent Times: The Role of Information Systems”, A thesis submitted to the Graduate Program in Management, School of Business in conformity with the requirements for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy, Queen’s University Kingston, Ontario, Canada.
- Luo, Yi& Malsch,Bertrand. (2020)"Exploring Improvisation in Audit Work through Auditors’ Response to COVID-19." Available at SSRN 3643823, pp.1-52.
- Maziriri, Eugine T. & Chivandi, Abigail, (2020) "Modelling key predictors that stimulate the entrepreneurial performance of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and poverty reduction: Perspectives from SME managers in an emerging economy." Acta Commercii, Journal in the Management Sciences, 20, 1, pp. 1-15.
- Minarcine, S. M. (2007). “Entrepreneurial strategy: The role of planning, intuition, and improvisation”. Capella University
- Munyanyi, Munyany& Chiromba, Campion& Diza, Misheck& Magweva, Rabson & Muzvidziwa, Dzikamai (2018). "Cultural Dimensions and Entrepreneurial Performance Interaction in Small and Medium Enterprises in Zimbabwe", Ad-Minister, (33), Pp. 65-84.
- Musa, S. M. &Mamun, Syed A. (2020)"Business Model Innovation as Strategic Renewal Process: A Case of China’s Most Innovative Firm." Global Business Management Review 10.2, pp.1-18.
- Oriarewo, Godday Orziemgbe& Agbim,Kenneth Chukwujioke& Zever, Tor Aondoaver.(2014) "Relationship between emotional intelligence and entrepreneurial performance: The mediating effect of managerial competence." International Journal of Economics, Commerce and Management, Vol 11, N. 10, pp1-16.
- Pavlou, Paul A. & El Sawy, Omar A, (2007) "When Do Improvisational Capabilities Trump Dynamic Capabilities?" Academy Of Management Proceedings. Vol. 2007. No. 1. Briarcliff Manor, Ny 10510: Academy Of Management.
- Peng, M. Y. P., Zhang, Z., Yen, H. Y., & Yang, S. M. (2019). "Dynamic Capabilities and Firm Performance in the High-Tech Industry: Quadratic and Moderating Effects under Differing Ambidexterity Levels". Sustainability, 11(18), 5004.
- Rosli, Mahmood & Hatinah, Abu Bakar, (2016)" Examining strategic Improrisation andperformance Relationship INTHE SMES: Moderating Role of Entrepreneurial Self-Efficacy”, International Business Management 10(13): 2535-2540.
- Scaglione, Vera Lucia Telles&Victor Meyer& Diórgenes Falcao Mamédio. (2019) "Improvisation in higher education management: Coping with complexity and organizational dynamics." Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management 20.4, pp. 291-302.
- Shu, C. & Liu, J. & Zhao, M., & Davidsson, P. (2020). "Proactive environmental strategy and firm performance: The moderating role of corporate venturing". International Small Business Journal, 38(7), pp.654-676.
- Sutanto, Eddy Madiono&Peter J. Sigiols& Ivando Putih(2019)"University students’ entrepreneurial performance" ,Journal of Economics, Business, and Accountancy Ventura, Vol. 21, No. 2,pp.251 - 258.
- Thompson, Roy H. (2013)"Exploring determinants of entrepreneurial performance", thesis is submitted to the University of Derby in partial fulfilment of the requirements for the award of the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy.
- Van, Vuuren, Jurie& Botha,Melodi. (2010)"The practical application of an entrepreneurial performance training model in South Africa." Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development, pp.1-32.
- Venter,Robert B. & Rogerson,Christian M.& Anna Semens& Kerrin Myres(2012)"FIFA World Cup 2010: Implications for and effects on the entrepreneurial performance of South Africa’s informal sector" ,African Journal of Business Management Vol.6 (1), pp. 449-458.
- Vignikin, Aristide&Fredérique Chedotel& Arnaud Stimec. (2016)"Le lien entre la capacité d’une équipe project à improviser et sa performance: le rôle de la culture d’expérimentation." Congers de l'AGRH.pp.1-24.
- Villar, E. B. & Febres, F. E. S. M. & Miralles, F., & Febres, F. E. S. M. (2015) "Exploring the Micro-foundations of Improvisations towards Strategic Performance in Turbulent Environments: A Case of a Disaster Response Organization”. Science, 34(4), 600-612.
- Xiong, Li. (2020). "Improvise to win: the relationship between entrepreneurial improvisation and start-up competitive advantage" Asian Business & Management, 1-21.
- Yu, Ming-Chu. (2013)"The Influence of High-Performance Human Resource Practices On Entrepreneurial Performance: The Perspective of Entrepreneurial Theory." International Journal of Organizational Innovation 6.1, Pp.15-33.
- Yu, Siyuan& Yu, Jin. (2020)"Doing While Thinking in Dynamic Environment: A Brief Review of Strategic Improvisation." Management for Sustainable and Inclusive Development in a Transforming Asia, pp. 163-177.
- Zhang, Xiaoxia. (2012)"The impact of entrepreneurial learning on entrepreneurial performance: the mediating role of entrepreneurial competencies." Advances in Electrical Engineering and Automation. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, pp. 229-234.
- Article View: 44
- PDF Download: 38