Management Research in Private Institutions of India: Opportunities and Challenges
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 3, Pages 1081-1084
AbstractDespite, continuously emphasizing on research in management institutions and other academic institutions of higher education in India, management institution have not yet met world standards in research. There is a paradoxical situation, among all the researches in management field from India are contributed majorly by premier government institutions which are less in number, though the number of private management institutions in India is more than sufficient in numbers. In this paper an effort is made to understand the present situation of management researches in India, opportunities and challenges in private management institutions. For understanding the present status of management researches, reports of reputed agencies are studied, for assessing the opportunities in private institutions data from AICTE is taken to be analyzed, whereas for figuring out the challenges, a sample of 50 faculty members from private institutions is taken, then their views on an open ended question is analyzed.
- Academic Ranking of World Universities (2019). (http://www.shanghairanking.com/ARWU2019.html January 4, 2020 2:50 PM)
- AICTE Approved Institutes for the Academic Year: 2018-2019.
- (https://facilities.aicte-india.org/dashboard/pages/dashboardaicte.php: accessed on January 4, 2020 2:00 PM)
- Grant, R.M. (1996). Prospering in dynamically-competitive environments: Organizational capability as knowledge integration. Organization Science, 7(4), 375–387.
- Hafeez, K., Malak, N., & Zhang, Y. (2007). Outsourcing non-core assets and competences of a firm using analytic hierarchy process. Computers & Operations Research, 34(12), 3592–3608.
- Hafeez, K., Zhang, Y., & Malak, N. (2002). Determining key capabilities of a firm using analytic hierarchy process. International Journal of Production Economics, 76(1), 39–51.
- Khatri N, Ojha AK, Budhwar P, Srinivasan V, Varma A. Management research in India: current state and future directions. IIMB Management Review 2012; 24: 104-15.
- Muhammad Asif & Cory Searcy (2014) Determining the key capabilities required for performance excellence in higher education, Total Quality Management & Business Excellence, 25:1-2, 22-35
- National Institutional Ranking Framework, India Rankings (2019).
- (https://nirfcdn.azureedge.net/2019/pdf/Report/IR2019_Report.pdf accessed on January 8, 2020 7:30 PM)
- Sahoo, Biresh & Singh, Ramadhar & Mishra, Bineet & Sankaran, Krithiga. (2015). Research Productivity in Management Schools of India: A Directional Benefit-of-Doubt Model Analysis. 10.13140/RG.2.1.1745.1685.
- UTD Top 100 Worldwide Business School Rankings (2014-2018). (http://jindal.utdallas.edu/the-utd-top-100-business-school-research-rankings/worldRankings#20142018 accessed on January 4, 2020 2:10 PM)
- Wernerfelt, B. (1984). A resource-based view of the firm. Strategic Management Journal, 5(2), 171–180.
- World university rankings (2020). (https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2020/world- ranking#!/page/0/length/25/locations/IN/subjects/3096/sort_by/scores_research/sort_order/asc/cols/scores accessed on January 4, 2020 2:00 PM)
- https://www.financialexpress.com/education-2/indian-research-journals-21000-publications-in-10-years-no-global-mark/1425109/ By: IANS | Published: December 26, 2018 12:21:22 PM (accessed on January 7, 2020 2:10 PM)
- https://www.indiatoday.in/education-today/news/story/15-8-of-india-s-research-work-world-s-top-10-journals-divd-1571881-2019-07-21 Indo-Asian News Service New Delhi July 21, 2019 UPDATED: July 22, 2019 10:59 (accessed on January 5, 2020 2:30 PM)
- Article View: 15
- PDF Download: 9