Creating A Sustainable Development Model for the Trading of Industrial Minerals
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 3, Pages 1557-1567
AbstractThe research focuses on the Sustainable Development Goal 12 of the United Nations Millennium Development Program of responsible consumption and production of industrial minerals. The research creates an unique model called as the Centripetal Model using the Delphi Technique as well as other factors such as the macroeconomic concepts, cost analysis, market analysis (fragmentation and concentration) to justify the need for a Sustainable Development Framework. The Sustainable Development Model is necessary in the trading of industrial minerals since it raises the issues relating to the environmental issues and the researchers develop the centripetal model which helps in contributing the sustainable development of industrial minerals. This centripetal framework helps in responsible consumption of the industrial minerals, cement, aggregates and other natural resources which would contribute to responsible utilisation of the resources, develop the societal needs and improvise the conditions of all the different stakeholders associating with the minerals industry.
- Davis, J. M. (1976). A Delphi approach to land use forecasting. Forecasting transportation impacts upon land use, 68-91.
- Giannetti, B., Agostinho, F., & Eras, J. J. (2020, June). Cleaner production for achieving the sustainable development goals. Journal of Cleaner Production.
- Jessica Elzea Kogel, N. C. (2006). Industrial Minerals & Rocks: Commodities, Markets, and Uses. Society for Mining, Metallurgy, and Exploration.
- Kogel, J. E. (2015). Sustainable Development and the Minerals Industry. Engineering Solutions for Sustainability, 25- 34.
- Menshutkin, V. V., & Klekovski, R. Z. (2001). Eco-Economical Model of the Region Development Based on the Delphi Approach (at the Bieszczad Mountain Region, Poland). Biology Bulletin of the Russian Academy of Sciences , 430- 434.
- Mesquita, R. F., Xavier, A., Klein, B., & Matos, F. R. (2017). Mining and the Sustainable Development Goals: A Systematic Literature Review. Canamaple Academia Services, http://press.camdemia.ca. doi: 10.15273/gree.2017.02.006
- Monteiro, N. B., Monteiro, N. B., & Neto, J. M. (2019, April). Sustainable Development Goals in Mining. Journal of Cleaner Production.
- Publication, J. (2013, October 22). 2.0. Joint Chiefs of Staff, Washington, D.C.:, , Joint Intelligence.
- Sonesson, C., Davidson, G., & Sachs, L. (2016). Mapping Mining to the sustainable development goals - Atlas. Switzerland: World Economic Forum.
- Article View: 2
- PDF Download: 4