Investigating the Effect of Leadership Styles on Conflict Resolution Methods and Attitudes of Employees of Yazd Electricity Distribution Company
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 4, Pages 40-49
AbstractIt seems leadership style is related to and influenced by behavioral factors such as conflict resolution styles and employee attitudes. Therefore, this research investigates the effect of leadership styles on conflict resolution styles and employee attitudes with regard to the moderating role of demographic variables in the Yazd Electricity Distribution Company. This research is a descriptive and correlational research in terms of method, practical in terms of purpose and survey in terms of data collection method. In this research the questionnaire was taken from the article of Karadaka et al. (2015) and Quintana et al. (2015) with 46 questions designed on the Likert scale. The statistical population of this study is the employees of Yazd Electricity Distribution Company. Using simple random sampling, 140 questionnaires were distributed among the employees. The reliability of the questionnaire, which was calculated by Cronbach's alpha method, is equal to 0.889. The validity of the test was also confirmed by content and structure methods. Using structural equation modeling and partial least squares approach with the help of PLS software, the results of testing the research hypotheses showed that leadership styles have a significant and positive effect on conflict resolution styles and employee attitudes. Also, the demographic variable has a moderating role in the relationship between leadership styles and attitudes among employees of Yazd Electricity Distribution Company.
- Atefi, A.A. (2014). The Relationship between Emotional Intelligence and Conflict and Creativity of Employees in the General Department of Education of Guilan Province. M.Sc. Thesis, Islamic Azad University, Rasht Branch.
- Azarniad, A., Modayen, Mahtab., & Abolmaly K. (2016). The Relationship between Identity Processing Styles and Conflict Resolution Strategies with Psychological Welfare. Journal of Psychology, Year 20(3), 360-346.
- Furumo, K. (2009). The impact of conflict and conflict management style on deadbeats and deserters in virtual teams. Journal of Computer Information Systems, 49(4), 66-73.
- International Business journal incorporating journal of Global competitiveness, 3, 181 – 192.
- Jamaruni, Y. (2016). The mediating role of ethical leadership on the relationship between conflict management and job performance in the Red Crescent Society. M.Sc. Thesis, Islamic Azad University, Jaseb Branch.
- Jariany, A. (2016). Investigating the Application of Attitude Theory in Leadership Process. Master Thesis, Islamic Azad University, Yazd Branch.
- Kantek, F., & Gezer, N. (2009). Conflict in schools: Student nurses’ conflict management styles. Nurse education today, 29(1), 100-107.
- Karadakal, N.V., Goud, N., & Thomas, P. (2015). Impact of leadership role perspective on conflict resolution styles-a study on small and medium sized entrepreneurs of Karnataka State in India. Journal of Global Entrepreneurship Research, 5(1), 1-20.
- Karami, M.A. (2016). The Relationship between Leadership Styles and Emotional Intelligence with Conflict Management in Droudzan Education Staff.
- Karimi, F., & Sheshpari, L. (2013). The relationship between transformational leadership, interaction and non-intervention with conflict management in high school principals in Isfahan. Quarterly Journal of Educational Sciences, Fifth Year, (17), 111-95.
- Lee, A., Martin, R., Thomas, G., Guillaume, Y., & Maio, G.R. (2015). Conceptualizing leadership perceptions as attitudes: Using attitude theory to further understand the leadership process. The Leadership Quarterly, 26(6), 910-934.
- Lewis, D. (2011). A culture of conflict. Leadership & Organization Development Journal, 18(6): 275-282.
- Maughan, J. (2011). Five Conflict Management Styles at a Glance. The International Journal of Conflict Management, 113(16), 17-21
- Nekuee, M., Delavari, S., Salageghe, M., & Ghorbani, M.H. (2010). The Relationship Between Leadership Styles and Conflict Management Strategies Used by Senior and Middle Managers at Teaching Hospitals in Kerman. Hospital, 9(1), 2.
- Quintana TA, Park S, & Cabrera YA. (2015). Assessing the effects of leadership styles on employees’ outcomes in international luxury hotels. Journal of Business ethics, 129(2), 469-489.
- Rusta, Z. (2016). The Relationship between Transformational and Interactional Leadership Styles with Organizational Forgetfulness in Gilan Province Education Organization. Master Thesis, Islamic Azad University, Shahroud Branch.
- Saljageh S., & Ahmadzadeh, S. (2014), The effect of managers 'transformational leadership on teachers' job attitudes with the mediating role of organizational identity. Journal of Transformation Management, Year6 (12), 95-73.
- Namvar, T., Saeed, S., & Hosseinpour, A. (2015). The Impact of Leadership Style on Employee Attitudes Towards Organizational Change (Case Study of Maragheh Universities), 3rd International Conference on Management, Economics and Accounting, Tehran.
- Zhenpeng, L., Wang, Y., & Marnburg, E. (2013). Testing the structure and effects of full range leadership theory in the context of China’s hotel industry. Journal of Hospitality Marketing and Management, 22(6), 656–677.
- Article View: 144
- PDF Download: 82