The Predictors Of Religiosity Towards Leadership In Education
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 4, Pages 343-349
AbstractThe current study investigates the influence of religiosity and Emotional Intelligent on the attitude towards leadership in education. Data were collected from undergraduate students who constitute future leaders. Results from the regression analysis particularly the relative weight analysis, revealed that leadership practices demonstrated significant incremental variance with attitude towards leadership beyond the self-leadership. The implications of the findings for research and practice are discussed.
- Abbasi, S.B., Kazmi, F., Wilson, N., & Khan, F. (2019). Centrality of Religiosity Scale (CRS) Confirmatory Factor Analysis. Sociology International Journal, 3(4), 319-324.
- Alam, A., & Ahmad, M. (2018). The role of teachers’ emotional intelligence in enhancing student achievement. Journal of Asia Business Studies.
- Aurangzeb, W., Tahir, T., & Khan, K. (2020). Educational Leadership Processes as Predictors of Positive Work Attitude at Higher Education Level. Global Social Sciences Review, 1, 500-509.
- Birwatkar, V.P. (2014), “Teaching metamorphosis – the role of emotional intelligence in transforming education”, Journal of Management Policies and Practices, Vol. 2 No. 2, pp. 145-165.
- Carpenter TP, Tyler L, Mezulis A. Religious Coping, Stress, and Depressive Symptoms Among Adolescents: A Prospective Study. Psycholog Relig Spiritual. 2011; 4(1):19–30. DOI:10.1037/a0023155.
- Castillo, F.D., Castillo, D., C., Aliño, M.A., Nob, R.M., Ackert, M., & Ching, G. (2020). Validation of the Interreligious Forms of the Centrality of Religiosity Scale (CRSi-7, CRSi-14, and CRSi-20): Salience of Religion among Selected Youth in the Philippines. Religion, 11, 641.
- Dein S, Cook CC, Koenig HJ Nerv Ment Dis. 2012 Oct; 200(10):852-5. Religion, spirituality, and mental health: current controversies and future directions.
- Duncan, P., Green, M., Gergen, E., & Ecung, W. (2017).. Administrative Issues Journal, 7(2), 3.
- Friedrich-Killinger, S. (2020). Centrality of Religiosity as a Resource for Therapy Outcome?. Religions, 11(4), 155.
- Huber, S. & Huber, O., (2012) The Centrality of Religiosity Scale (CRS). Religions, 3(1), 710 -724.
- Karadag, E. & Oztekin-Bayir, O.. (2018). The effect of authentic leadership on
- Kirkbir, F. (2020). Effect of Emotional Intelligence Education on Psychological Well-Being and Aggression of Athlete Students at the Karadeniz Technical University. African Educational Research Journal, 8, 146-151.
- Lee, J. C. K., & Kuang, X. (2020). Validation of the Chinese version of the centrality of religiosity scale (CRS): Teacher perspectives. Religions, 11(5), 266.
- Mangal, S.K. & Mangal, S. (2015). EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE: Managing Emotions to Win in Life. Delhi: PHI Learning Private Limited.
- Mulford, B. (2003). School leaders: Challenging roles and impact on teacher and school effectiveness. a paper prepared for the OECD Improving School Leadership activity, available at www. oecd. Org/edu/schoolleadership.
- Pearce, Lisa D., George M. Hayward, and Jessica A. Pearlman. 2017. Measuring Five Dimensions of Religiosity across Adolescence. Review of Religious Research 59: 367–93
- Rabinowitz, Y., Hartlaub, M., Saenz, E., Thompson, L., & Gallagher-Thompson, D. (2010). Is religious coping associated with cumulative health risk? An examination of religious coping styles and health behavior patterns in Alzheimer's dementia caregivers. Journal of Religion and Health, 49(4), 498-512.
- Rodrigues, A. P., Jorge, F. E., Pires, C. A., & António, P. (2019). The contribution of emotional intelligence and spirituality in understanding creativity and entrepreneurial intention of higher education students. Education+ Training.
- School culture: A structural equation model. IJELM, 6(1), 40-75. doi: 10.17853/ijelm.2018.2858
- Sindhvad, S., Richardson, J., Ivanov, A., & Lingat, J. E. M. (2020, February). Predictors of public school leadership capacity in Bishkek. In FIRE: Forum for International Research in Education (Vol. 6, No. 2).
- Tissaa Tony. C. (2019). Faith and Emotional Intelligence. International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering (IJRTE) ISSN: 2277-3878, Volume-7 Issue-5S,
- Yendell, A. & Huber, S. (2020). The Relevance of the Centrality and Content of Religiosity for Explaining Islamophobia in Switzerland. Religions, 11(3), 129.
- Yeniaras, V., & Akarsu, T. N. (2017). Religiosity and life satisfaction: A multi-dimensional approach. Journal of Happiness Studies, 18(6), 1815-1840.
- Zohar, D., & Marshall, I. (2004). Spiritual capital: Wealth we can live by. San Francisco: Berrett-Koehler Publisher, Inc
- Zwingmann, C., & Gottschling, S. (2015). Religiosity, spirituality, and God concepts: Interreligious and interdenominational comparisons within a German sample. Archive for the Psychology of Religion, 37(1), 98-116.
- Article View: 27
- PDF Download: 4