Modern Paradigm of Rural Public Management: The Case of Ukraine
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2020, Volume 26, Issue 1, Pages 82-89
AbstractEffective public management is a guarantee for ensuring stable long-term rural development in Ukraine. The aim of this research is to develop a set of directions for improving the efficiency of public management of Ukrainian rural areas based on the assessment of their development, identification of problems of rural management and learning from the experience of the European Union. The following methods are used: quantitative analysis of statistical data on the socio-economic development of Ukrainian rural areas and agriculture in Ukraine for the time period of ten years using one-dimensional statistical methods (UT) based on dependent, representative, and probabilistic sampling; comparative assessment of public management and state administration by means of literary review; “goal tree”, SMART-technology and analytical form of Boolean algebra logical function used for forming a goal hierarchy by every subject of rural public management in Ukraine, as well as achieving the common general goal of PM in Ukrainian rural areas; formation of an integral indicator for assessing the quality of rural public management within the framework of the developed assessment methodology; quantitative identification of consumers’ key requirements regarding services of state and municipal government institutions in the framework of effective rural public management based on the use of panel data. This article reveals trends and problems of rural public management in Ukraine and concludes that it is necessary to improve the efficiency of such management, for which a set of optimization measures is being developed.
- Al-Atti, I. V. (2018). Analysis Researches on Development of Public Management in Ukraine within the System of International and Legal Standards. Public management, 1(11), 48-62.
- Antonov, A. V. (2010). Improving the rural Management System. State Management: Improvement and Development, 10. http://www.dy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=531 [2020-07-04].
- Atkočiūnienė, V., Vaznonienė, G., & Aleksandravičius, A. (2018). The Role of Rural Development Administrators in Rural Institutions. Management Theory and Studies for Rural Business and Infrastructure Development, 40(2), 143-154.
- Bezpiata, I. (2016). Analysis of Agrarian Sector Resource Providing in Ukraine. Baltic Journal of Economic Studies, 2(3), 4-9.
- Bosak, O. Z. (2010). Public Management as a New Management Model in the Public Sector. State Management: Theory and Practice, 2, 1-8.
- Bouckaert, G. (2002). Modernizing the Rechtsstaat: Paradoxes of the Management Agenda. Berlin: Duncker & Humblot.
- Bukharina, L., & Biriukov, T. (2018). Using of the Potential of Inland Waterways Logistics for Development of Agribusiness in Ukraine. Management And Entrepreneurship: Trends of Development, 2(4), 64-75.
- Danylenko, A. S., & Sokolska, T. V. (2017). Public Management of Socio-Economic Development of Rural Areas. Economics and Management of Agroindustrial Complex, 1, 5-12.
- European Commission. Common Agricultural Policy, (2020). https://ec.europa.eu/info/food-farming-fisheries/key-policies/common-agricultural-policy_en [2020-07-04].
- Furdychko, O., & Gnativ, N. (2015). Rural Development in the Context of European Integration of Ukraine. Zagadnienia Ekonomiki Rolnej, 3(344), 101-111.
- Halanets, V.V., Dzyanyy, R.B., & Dziurakh, Y.M. (2019). Public Administration of Development of Agroindustrial Complex in the Context of the Strategy of Sustainable Development of Ukraine (Archetype Approach). Public Management, 3(18), 127-142.
- Jairo, A.-A., Nguyen, C., Tran, A., & Phung, T. (2015). The Urban-Rural Gap in Governance and Public Administration: Evidence from Vietnam. International Public Management Review, 16(1), 165-191.
- Keeling, D. (1972). Management in Government. London: Allen & Unwin.
- Kirieieva, E., & Kostyuchenko, D. (2017). State and Prospects of Rural Development in Ukraine. Baltic Journal of Economic Studies, 3(4), 120-127.
- Kvasha, S., Sokol, L., & Zhemoyda, O. (2017). Problems of Rural Sustainable Development in Ukraine. Problems of Agricultural Economics, 353(4), 125-137.
- Pavlikha, N., & Khomiuk, N. (2018). Economic Security of the Rural Territories Development in Ukraine. International Journal of New Economics and Social Sciences, 7, 44-55.
- Pluhatyr, M., Patyk, L., & Kulyk, M. (2018). The economy of Ukraine: Directions of Development, Negative and Positive Trends. Baltic Journal of Economic Studies, 4, 211-215.
- Pollermann, K., Raue, P., & Schnaut, G. (2014). Multi-Level Governance in Rural Development: Analysing Experiences from LEADER for a Community-Led Local Development (CLLD). 54th Congress of the European Regional Science Association: Regional Development & Globalisation: Best Practices. (26-29 August, 2014). St.-Petersburg: European Regional Science Association (ERSA), Louvain-la-Neuve. https://www.econstor.eu/bitstream/10419/104063/1/ERSA-Multi-Level-Governance.pdf [2020-07-04].
- Rossokha, V.V., & Plotnikova, M.F. (2018). Development of Rural Regions of Ukraine in Conditions of Decentralization of Management: State, Problems, Perspectives. The Economic Discourse, International Scientific Journal, 4, 41-53.
- Samoggia, A., Bertazzoli, A., & Ruggeri, A. (2019). European Rural Development Policy Approaching Health Issues: An Exploration of Programming Schemes. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 16(16), p. 2973.
- Sarker, A. E. (2005). New Public Management, Service Provision and Non-Governmental Organizations in Bangladesh. Public Organizaton Review, 5, 249–271.
- Savkov, A. P., Orlatyi, M. K., & Kucher, M. I. (2016). Public Management in Rural Areas Of Ukraine. Kyiv: Phoenix Publishing.
- Seroka, J. (1989). Public Administration and Planning in Rural Areas. Journal of Planning Literature, 4(4), 430-444.
- State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Statistical Information, (2020). http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua [2020-07-04].
- Stathopoulou, S., Psaltopoulos, D., Skuras, D. (2004). Rural Entrepreneurship in Europe: A Research Framework and Agenda. Journal of Entrepreneurial Behaviour & Research, 10, 404-425.
- Stroiko, T., & Bondar, V. (2017). Transport Infrastructure of Ukraine: The Modern Realities and Development Prospects. Baltic Journal of Economic Studies, 3(2), 141-146.
- Tkachuk, V. A. (2013). The Development of Social Infrastructure in Rural Ukraine in the Context of Sustainable Development. Ukrainian Black Sea Region Agrarian Science, 3, 69–80.
- Tomashuk, I. (2017). Problems and Prospects of Management of Rural Development. Baltic Journal of Economic Studies, 3(5), 214-220.
- Valentinov, V. (2008). Explaining the Rise of Rural Governance in Europe. European Planning Studies, 16, 1161-1165.
- Zinchuk, T., Kutsmus, N., Kovalchuk, O., Dankevych, V., Usiuk, T. (2017). Institutional Transformation of Ukraine’s Agricultural Sector. Review of Economic Perspectives, 17(1), 57-80.
- Article View: 217
- PDF Download: 81