Economic Mechanisms to Regulate Environmental Protection Practices in Industrial and Household Waste Management in the Russian Federation
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2020, Volume 26, Issue 1, Pages 101-107
AbstractThe study focuses on the aspects of environmental protection practices in the Russian Federation primarily with regard to industrial and household waste management. The paper outlines waste management practices employed in Russia and other countries and provides an efficiency assessment. The basic economic mechanisms, such as tariff regulation, environmental levy and environmental impact fees, are described and assessed in terms of their stimulating effects on waste management improvement in the Russian Federation. Aspects of waste removal under a single regional operator are discussed and a model of public-private partnership in waste management is proposed and detailed.
- Administration of the Leningrad region. Official website. n. d. Retrieved from: http://lenobl.ru/
- Alekseev, A.A. (2014). Pererabotka vtorichnykh materialnykh resursov − innovatsionnyi segment promyshlennosti [Recycling as innovative industrial segment]. Izvestiya Sankt-Peterburgskogo gosudarstvennogo ekonomicheskogo universiteta [Bulletin of the St. Petersburg State University of Economics], 3, 17-23.
- Federal Law of the Russian Federation No. 7-FZ "On environmental protection". [January 10, 2002]. Retrieved from: http://kremlin.ru/acts/bank/17718
- Federal Law of the Russian Federation No. 89-FZ "On industrial and household waste". [June 24, 1998]. Retrieved from: http://www.kremlin.ru/acts/bank/12555
- Ksenofontova, T.Iu. (2012). Intellektualnyi kapital proizvodstvennogo predpriyatiya kak kriterii otsenki ego konkurentosposobnosti [Intellectual capital of a production enterprise as competitiveness criteria]. Vestnik INZHEKONa [Bulletin of INZHEKON]. Series: Economics, 3, 151-159.
- Naumova, A.A. (2015). Analiz podkhodov po utilizatsii bytovykh vtorichnykh materialnykh resursov [Analysis of approaches to utilisation of recycled materials]. Aktualnye problemy gumanitarnykh i estestvennykh nauk [Current problems of humanities and natural sciences], 6(2), 101-105.
- Order of the Committee on Tariffs of St. Petersburg No. 30-r. [April 14, 2017]. Retrieved from: https://www.gov.spb.ru/gov/otrasl/energ_kom/documents/npa/7118/
- Order of the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation No. 894 "On approval of the efficiency assessment method of public-private partnership, municipal-private partnership projects and determination of their comparative advantage". [November 30, 2015]. Retrieved from: http://publication.pravo.gov.ru/Document/View/0001201512310052
- Passport of the National Programme "Ecology". Adopted by the presidium of the Russian Federation Presidential Council for strategic development and national projects, No. 12. [September 24, 2018]. Retrieved from: http://static.government.ru/media/files/pgU5Ccz2iVew3Aoel5vDGSBjbDn4t7FI.pdf
- Resolution of the Government of the Russian Federation of No. 269 "On determining the ratios of municipal solid waste accumulation" (together with Rules of determining the ratios of municipal solid waste accumulation). (April 4, 2016). Retrieved from: http://publication.pravo.gov.ru/Document/View/0001201604060008
- Russian Federal Service for Supervision of Natural Resource Management. n. d. Retrieved from: http://rpn.gov.ru/
- Article View: 58
- PDF Download: 44