Presenting a Developed and Effective Model of Organizational Culture Regarding the Existing Problems and Challenges (A Case Study of Refah Bank of Iran)
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2020, Volume 26, Issue 1, Pages 108-115
AbstractOrganizational effectiveness as the most significant objective of any organization is the goal that all organizational efforts are made to achieve. Thus, the aim of this paper is to provide a developed and effective model of organizational culture considering the existing problems and challenges. This research is applied in terms of purpose, descriptive of correlational type in terms of nature, and a survey in terms of method. The statistical population is the employees of the Refah Bank of Iran. The sample size was 344 people who were selected by stratified random sampling. A researcher-made questionnaire was used to collect information. The questionnaire of organizational culture was set up in 9 factors and 42 sub-dimensions (indices), the questionnaire of challenge and problem identification was set in 3 factors and 18 sub-dimensions (indices) and the questionnaire of organizational effectiveness was set in 4 factors and 28 sub-dimensions (indices). The face and content validity of the questions was confirmed by experts. Cronbach's alpha coefficient was calculated higher than (0.7) which indicated the internal consistency of the items confirming reliability. In order to analyze the data, structural equation modeling was applied through using amos software. The results indicated a significant relationship between organizational culture and the identification of challenges and problems (p = 0.001, β = 0.486). Considering the positive path coefficient, this relationship is incremental (direct). The results also showed a significant relationship between identification of challenges and problems with organizational effectiveness (p = 0.001, β = 0.441). This relationship is incremental (direct). The results indicated that organizational culture indirectly and through identifying challenges and problems affects organizational effectiveness by the amount of (0.214). The rate of indirect effect through the identification of challenges and problems is equal to (0.214).
- Adapted, P. (2014). On the Nature of Organizational Effectiveness. in P. S. Goodman, J. M., Pennings, and Associates, eds., New Perspective on Organizational Effectiveness, San Francisco, Jossey - Bass, 23(4), 36-41.
- Akin, G., & Hoplain, H. (2013). Finding the Culture of Productivity. Organizational Dynamics, 16(5), 19-32.
- Armenakis, A., Rafferty, A., & jimmieson, N. (2013). Change readiness: A multilevel review. Journal of managemet, 39(5), 110-135.
- Arogyaswamy, B., & Charles, M. (2016). Organizational Culture: Internal and External Fits. Journal of Managment, 19(1), 647-659.
- Balthazard, P., & Cooke, R., & Potter, R. (2006). Dysfunctional culture, dysfunctional organization capturing the behavioral norms that form organizational culture and drive performance. Journal of managerial psychology, 21(8), 732-709.
- Basadur, M. (2004), Leading others to think innovatively together: creative leadership. Leadership quarterly, 15(1), 103-121.
- Bryson, J. (2008). Dominant, emergent, and residual culture: the dynamics of organizational change. Journal of organizational change management, 21(6), 757-743.
- De, J., & Hartog, D. (2018). Measuring innovative work behavior. Creativity and Innovation Management, 19(1), 23-36.
- Erturk, A. (2008). A trust-based approach to promote employesˈ: openness to organizational change in Turkey. International Journal of Manpower, 29(5), 462-483.
- Fadiah, N., & Abdul Wahab, S., Al Mamun, A., & Yaacob, A. (2019). Defining the Concept of Innovation and Innovativeness: A Critical Analysis from Resorce-Based View Perspective. International Journal of Business and Management, 11(6), 87-94.
- Fischer, R. (2009). Where Is Culture in Cross Cultural Research? Anoutline of Multilevel Research Process for Measuring Culture as a shared Meaning System. Cross Cultural Management, 9(1), 25-49.
- Goodman, P., & Robert, S. (2017). On the Demise of Organizational Effectiveness Studies”, in K. S. Cameron and D. A. Whetten (eds.). New York: Organizational Effectiveness: A Comparison of Multiple Models, Academic Press, 13(4), 163-183.
- Goodman, S., & Pennings, M. (2019). Perspective and Issues: An Introduction. in P. S. Godman, J. M. Pennings and Associates, eds., New Perspectives on Organizational Effectiveness (San Francisco, Jossey - Bass, 20(6), 152-174.
- Gordon, G. (2016). Predicting Corporate, Performance from Organizational Culture. Journal of Management Studies, 29(6), 748-794.
- Gordon, G. (2018). Industry Determinants of Organizational Culture. Academey of Management Review, 29(2), 396-415.
- Hersey, P., & Blanchard, H. (2015). Management of Organizational Behavior. Prentice Hall, 9(4), 171-196.
- Igo, T., & Skitmore, M. (2006). Diagnosing The organizational culture of an Australian engineering consultance using the competing values framework. Construction Innovation, 6(2), 121-139.
- Article View: 86
- PDF Download: 0