Association of gender in patients with extractions of endodontically treated teeth
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2020, Volume 26, Issue 2, Pages 206-211
AbstractThe key to successful endodontic treatment is to thoroughly debride the canal system of infected or necrotic pulp tissue and microorganisms, and to completely seal the canal space, thus preventing the persistence of infection and/or reinfection of the pulp cavity.The aim of this study is to provide clinical data on the prevalence of endodontically treated tooth extractions.
8547 patients visiting Saveetha Dental College were used as the samples in this study to assess the extraction of its endodontically treated tooth or non endodontically treated tooth with ethical permission and approval for the project. Collected data was tabulated in Excel and statistical analysis was performed using Chi-square test. The results show that endodontically treated tooth extraction is 70% while non endodontically treated tooth extractions is 30% with male predominance. There is no association seen with gender and extractions of endodontically treated tooth tooth extraction statistically.
- Abhinav, R. P. et al. (2019) ‘The Patterns and Etiology of Maxillofacial Trauma in South India’, Annals of maxillofacial surgery, 9(1), pp. 114–117.
- Abraham, S. et al. (2005) ‘Evaluation of the inhibitory effect of triphala on PMN-type matrix metalloproteinase (MMP-9)’, Journal of periodontology, 76(4), pp. 497–502.
- Aida, J. et al. (2009) ‘Relationships between patient characteristics and reasons for tooth extraction in Japan’, Community dental health, 26(2), pp. 104–109.
- Arja, C. et al. (2013) ‘Oxidative stress and antioxidant enzyme activity in South Indian male smokers with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease’, Respirology , 18(7), pp. 1069–1075.
- Christabel, A. et al. (2016) ‘Comparison of pterygomaxillary dysjunction with tuberosity separation in isolated Le Fort I osteotomies: a prospective, multi-centre, triple-blind, randomized controlled trial’, International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, pp. 180–185. doi: 10.1016/j.ijom.2015.07.021.
- Devaki, T., Sathivel, A. and BalajiRaghavendran, H. R. (2009) ‘Stabilization of mitochondrial and microsomal function by polysaccharide of Ulva lactuca on D-Galactosamine induced hepatitis in rats’, Chemico-biological interactions, 177(2), pp. 83–88.
- Ezhilarasan, D. (2018) ‘Oxidative stress is bane in chronic liver diseases: Clinical and experimental perspective’, Arab journal of gastroenterology: the official publication of the Pan-Arab Association of Gastroenterology, 19(2), pp. 56–64.
- Ezhilarasan, D., Sokal, E. and Najimi, M. (2018) ‘Hepatic fibrosis: It is time to go with hepatic stellate cell-specific therapeutic targets’, Hepatobiliary & pancreatic diseases international: HBPD INT, 17(3), pp. 192–197.
- Fuss, Z., Lustig, J. and Tamse, A. (1999) ‘Prevalence of vertical root fractures in extracted endodontically treated teeth’, International endodontic journal, 32(4), pp. 283–286.
- Jesudasan, J. S., Abdul Wahab, P. U. and Muthu Sekhar, M. R. (2015) ‘Effectiveness of 0.2% chlorhexidine gel and a eugenol-based paste on postoperative alveolar osteitis in patients having third molars extracted: a randomised controlled clinical trial’, British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, pp. 826–830. doi: 10.1016/j.bjoms.2015.06.022.
- J, P. C. et al. (2018) ‘Prevalence and measurement of anterior loop of the mandibular canal using CBCT: A cross sectional study’, Clinical implant dentistry and related research, 20(4), pp. 531–534.
- Krishnaswamy, H. et al. (2020) ‘Investigation of air conditioning temperature variation by modifying the structure of passenger car using computational fluid dynamics’, Thermal Science, 24(1 Part B), pp. 495–498.
- Kumar, S. (2017) ‘THE EMERGING ROLE OF BOTULINUM TOXIN IN THE TREATMENT OF OROFACIAL DISORDERS: LITERATURE UPDATE’, Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research, p. 21. doi: 10.22159/ajpcr.2017.v10i9.16914.
- Kumar, S. and Sneha, S. (2016) ‘KNOWLEDGE AND AWARENESS REGARDING ANTIBIOTIC PROPHYLAXIS FOR INFECTIVE ENDOCARDITIS AMONG UNDERGRADUATE DENTAL STUDENTS’, Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research, p. 154. doi: 10.22159/ajpcr.2016.v9s2.13405.
- Kumar, V., Patil, K. and Munoli, K. (2015) ‘Knowledge and attitude toward human immunodeficiency virus/acquired immuno deficiency syndrome among dental and medical undergraduate students’, Journal of Pharmacy and Bioallied Sciences, p. 666. doi: 10.4103/0975-7406.163598.
- Lin, L. M., Skribner, J. E. and Gaengler, P. (1992) ‘Factors associated with endodontic treatment failures’, Journal of endodontia, 18(12), pp. 625–627.
- Malli Sureshbabu, N. et al. (2019) ‘Concentrated Growth Factors as an Ingenious Biomaterial in Regeneration of Bony Defects after Periapical Surgery: A Report of Two Cases’, Case reports in dentistry, 2019, p. 7046203.
- Manivannan, I. et al. (2017) ‘Tribological and surface behavior of silicon carbide reinforced aluminum matrix nanocomposite’, Surfaces and Interfaces, 8, pp. 127–136.
- Marimuthu, M. et al. (2018) ‘Canonical Wnt pathway gene expression and their clinical correlation in oral squamous cell carcinoma’, Indian journal of dental research: official publication of Indian Society for Dental Research, 29(3), pp. 291–297.
- Mehta, M. et al. (2019) ‘Oligonucleotide therapy: An emerging focus area for drug delivery in chronic inflammatory respiratory diseases’, Chemico-biological interactions, 308, pp. 206–215.
- Mp, S. K. (2017) ‘Relationship between dental anxiety and pain experience during dental extractions’, Asian J Pharm Clin Res, 10(3), pp. 458–461.
- Mp, S. K. and Rahman, R. (2017) ‘Knowledge, awareness, and practices regarding biomedical waste management among undergraduate dental students’, Asian J Pharm Clin Res, 10(8), pp. 341–345.
- Neelakantan, P. et al. (2010) ‘Root and Canal Morphology of Mandibular Second Molars in an Indian Population’, Journal of endodontics, 36(8), pp. 1319–1322.
- Neelakantan, P. et al. (2015) ‘Photoactivation of curcumin and sodium hypochlorite to enhance antibiofilm efficacy in root canal dentin’, Photodiagnosis and photodynamic therapy, 12(1), pp. 108–114.
- Packiri, S., Gurunathan, D. and Selvarasu, K. (2017) ‘Management of Paediatric Oral Ranula: A Systematic Review’, Journal of clinical and diagnostic research: JCDR, 11(9), pp. ZE06–ZE09.
- Patil, S. B. et al. (2017) ‘Comparison of Extended Nasolabial Flap Versus Buccal Fat Pad Graft in the Surgical Management of Oral Submucous Fibrosis: A Prospective Pilot Study’, Journal of maxillofacial and oral surgery, 16(3), pp. 312–321.
- Patturaja, K. and Pradeep, D. (2016) ‘Awareness of Basic Dental Procedure among General Population’, Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology, p. 1349. doi: 10.5958/0974-360x.2016.00258.4.
- Ramamoorthi, S., Nivedhitha, M. S. and Divyanand, M. J. (2015) ‘Comparative evaluation of postoperative pain after using endodontic needle and EndoActivator during root canal irrigation: A randomised controlled trial’, Australian endodontic journal: the journal of the Australian Society of Endodontology Inc, 41(2), pp. 78–87.
- Ramshankar, V. et al. (2014) ‘Risk stratification of early stage oral tongue cancers based on HPV status and p16 immunoexpression’, Asian Pacific journal of cancer prevention: APJCP, 15(19), pp. 8351–8359.
- Rao, T. D. and Santhosh Kumar, M. P. (2018) ‘Analgesic Efficacy of Paracetamol Vs Ketorolac after Dental Extractions’, Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology, p. 3375. doi: 10.5958/0974-360x.2018.00621.2.
- Ravindiran, M. and Praveenkumar, C. (2018) ‘Status review and the future prospects of CZTS based solar cell – A novel approach on the device structure and material modeling for CZTS based photovoltaic device’, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 94, pp. 317–329.
- Rhodes, J. S. (2005) Advanced Endodontics: Clinical Retreatment and Surgery. CRC Press.
- Samuel, S. R., Acharya, S. and Rao, J. C. (2020) ‘School Interventions-based Prevention of Early-Childhood Caries among 3-5-year-old children from very low socioeconomic status: Two-year randomized trial’, Journal of public health dentistry, 80(1), pp. 51–60.
- Sathish, T. and Karthick, S. (2020) ‘Wear behaviour analysis on aluminium alloy 7050 with reinforced SiC through taguchi approach’, Journal of Materials Research and Technology, 9(3), pp. 3481–3487.
- Sumathi, C. et al. (2014) ‘Production of prodigiosin using tannery fleshing and evaluating its pharmacological effects’, TheScientificWorldJournal, 2014, p. 290327.
- Sundqvist, G. et al. (1998) ‘Microbiologic analysis of teeth with failed endodontic treatment and the outcome of conservative re-treatment’, Oral surgery, oral medicine, oral pathology, oral radiology, and endodontics, 85(1), pp. 86–93.
- Surapaneni, K. M. and Jainu, M. (2014) ‘Comparative effect of pioglitazone, quercetin and hydroxy citric acid on the status of lipid peroxidation and antioxidants in experimental non-alcoholic steatohepatitis’, Journal of physiology and pharmacology: an official journal of the Polish Physiological Society, 65(1), pp. 67–74.
- Surapaneni, K. M., Priya, V. V. and Mallika, J. (2014) ‘Pioglitazone, quercetin and hydroxy citric acid effect on cytochrome P450 2E1 (CYP2E1) enzyme levels in experimentally induced non alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH)’, European review for medical and pharmacological sciences, 18(18), pp. 2736–2741.
- Sweta, V. R., Abhinav, R. P. and Ramesh, A. (2019) ‘Role of Virtual Reality in Pain Perception of Patients Following the Administration of Local Anesthesia’, Annals of maxillofacial surgery, 9(1), pp. 110–113.
- Touré, B. et al. (2011) ‘Analysis of reasons for extraction of endodontically treated teeth: a prospective study’, Journal of endodontia, 37(11), pp. 1512–1515.
- Udoye, C. I. et al. (2018) ‘Prevalence and Reasons for Extraction of Endodontically Treated Teeth in Adult Nigerians’, The Journal of Contemporary Dental Practice, pp. 1470–1474. doi: 10.5005/jp-journals-10024-2451.
- Vijayakumar Jain, S. et al. (2019) ‘Evaluation of Three-Dimensional Changes in Pharyngeal Airway Following Isolated Lefort One Osteotomy for the Correction of Vertical Maxillary Excess: A Prospective Study’, Journal of maxillofacial and oral surgery, 18(1), pp. 139–146.
- Vire, D. E. (1991) ‘Failure of endodontically treated teeth: classification and evaluation’, Journal of endodontia, 17(7), pp. 338–342.
- Article View: 62
- PDF Download: 46