A study on training and development of mid-level ophthalmic personnel (MLOP) in aravind eye hospitals (AEH)
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2020, Volume 26, Issue 2, Pages 409-413
AbstractAravind Eye hospital (AEH) is one of the self-funding healthcare delivery models where it creates value for its entire customer base, but captures the value only from a part of it by offering free-of-cost or at cost, high-quality service. It serves nearly 6,000 outpatients in the hospital every day like registration, vision test, preliminary exam, refraction, final exam, counseling and recommendation for surgery with the assistance of MLOP’s (Mid-level ophthalmic personnel) while contributing their services. The MLOP’s are played as the backbone (60% of the workforce) for supporting the physicians when providing the treatment. This study focuses on how the training and development programs are handled for MLOPs in AEH by considering various factors like Induction training, Self- transformation, Career growth, personal development, and organizational strategy in their training programs and how it effectively creates a positive impact in their development within the organization.
- A.C.Gomathi, S.R.Xavier Rajarathinam, A.Mohammed Sadiqc, Rajeshkumar, 2020. Anticancer activity of silver nanoparticles synthesized using aqueous fruit shell extract of Tamarindus indica on MCF-7 human breast cancer cell line. J. Drug Deliv. Sci. Technol. 55.
- Bozionelos, N., Lin, C.-H., Lee, K.Y., 2020. Enhancing the sustainability of employees’ careers through training: The roles of career actors' openness and of supervisor support. J. Vocat. Behav. 117, 103333.
- Chang, W., Busser, J.A., 2017. Hospitality employees promotional attitude: Findings from graduates of a twelve-month management training program. Int. J. Hosp. Manage. 60, 48–57.
- Danda, A.K., Ravi, P., 2011. Effectiveness of postoperative antibiotics in orthognathic surgery: a meta-analysis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 69, 2650–2656.
- Danda, A.K., S, R., Chinnaswami, R., 2009. Comparison of gap arthroplasty with and without a temporalis muscle flap for the treatment of ankylosis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 67, 1425–1431.
- Dua, K., Wadhwa, R., Singhvi, G., Rapalli, V., Shukla, S.D., Shastri, M.D., Gupta, G., Satija, S., Mehta, M., Khurana, N., Awasthi, R., Maurya, P.K., Thangavelu, L., S, R., Tambuwala, M.M., Collet, T., Hansbro, P.M., Chellappan, D.K., 2019. The potential of siRNA based drug delivery in respiratory disorders: Recent advances and progress. Drug Dev. Res. 80, 714–730.
- Ezhilarasan, D., Apoorva, V.S., Ashok Vardhan, N., 2019. Syzygium cumini extract induced reactive oxygen species-mediated apoptosis in human oral squamous carcinoma cells. J. Oral Pathol. Med. 48, 115–121.
- Hanaysha, J., 2016. Examining the effects of employee empowerment, teamwork, and employee training on organizational commitment. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences 229, 298–306.
- Jaworski, C., Ravichandran, S., Karpinski, A.C., Singh, S., 2018. The effects of training satisfaction, employee benefits, and incentives on part-time employees’ commitment. Int. J. Hosp. Manage. 74, 1–12.
- Krishnan, R., Chary, K.V., 2015. A rare case modafinil dependence. J. Pharmacol. Pharmacother. 6, 49–50.
- Lee, J.S., Hsin, P.-L., 2004. Employee training and human capital in Taiwan. J. World Bus. 39, 362–376.
- Manivannan, I., Ranganathan, S., Gopalakannan, S. et al., 2018. Mechanical Properties and Tribological Behavior of Al6061–SiC–Gr Self-Lubricating Hybrid Nanocomposites. Trans Indian Inst Met 71, 1897–1911.
- Narayanan, V., Kannan, R., Sreekumar, K., 2009. Retromandibular approach for reduction and fixation of mandibular condylar fractures: a clinical experience. Int. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 38, 835–839.
- Narayanan, V., Ramadorai, A., Ravi, P., Nirvikalpa, N., 2012. Transmasseteric anterior parotid approach for condylar fractures: experience of 129 cases. Br. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 50, 420–424.
- Neelakantan, P., John, S., Anand, S., Sureshbabu, N., Subbarao, C., 2011. Fluoride release from a new glass-ionomer cement. Oper. Dent. 36, 80–85.
- Neelakantan, P., Sharma, S., 2015. Pain after single-visit root canal treatment with two single-file systems based on different kinematics--a prospective randomized multicenter clinical study. Clin. Oral Investig. 19, 2211–2217.
- Neelakantan, P., Subbarao, C., Sharma, S., Subbarao, C.V., Garcia-Godoy, F., Gutmann, J.L., 2013. Effectiveness of curcumin against Enterococcus faecalis biofilm. Acta Odontol. Scand. 71, 1453–1457.
- Ozkeser, B., 2019. Impact of training on employee motivation in human resources management. Procedia Comput. Sci. 158, 802–810.
- Ozturan, M., Kutlu, B., 2010. Employee satisfaction of corporate e-training programs. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 2, 5561–5565.
- Panchal, V., Jeevanandan, G., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Comparison of post-operative pain after root canal instrumentation with hand K-files, H-files and rotary Kedo-S files in primary teeth: a randomised clinical trial. Eur. Arch. Paediatr. Dent. 20, 467–472.
- Prasanna, N., Subbarao, C.V., Gutmann, J.L., 2011. The efficacy of pre-operative oral medication of lornoxicam and diclofenac potassium on the success of inferior alveolar nerve block in patients with irreversible pulpitis: a double-blind, randomised controlled clinical trial. Int. Endod. J. 44, 330–336.
- Priya S, R., Krishnan, C., S, J.R., Das}, J., 2009. Growth and characterization of NLO active lithium sulphate monohydrate single crystals. Crystal research and technology 44, 1272–76`.
- Rajeshkumar, S., Menon, S., Venkat Kumar, S., Tambuwala, M.M., Bakshi, H.A., Mehta, M., Satija, S., Gupta, G., Chellappan, D.K., Thangavelu, L., Dua, K., 2019. Antibacterial and antioxidant potential of biosynthesized copper nanoparticles mediated through Cissus arnotiana plant extract. J. Photochem. Photobiol. B 197, 111531.
- Ramadurai, N., Gurunathan, D., Samuel, A.V., Subramanian, E., Rodrigues, S.J.L., 2019. Effectiveness of 2% Articaine as an anesthetic agent in children: randomized controlled trial. Clin. Oral Investig. 23, 3543–3550.
- Ramakrishnan, M., Dhanalakshmi, R., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Survival rate of different fixed posterior space maintainers used in Paediatric Dentistry - A systematic review. Saudi Dent J 31, 165–172.
- Ramesh, A., Varghese, S.S., Doraiswamy, J.N., Malaiappan, S., 2016. Herbs as an antioxidant arsenal for periodontal diseases. J Intercult Ethnopharmacol 5, 92–96.
- Sarı, F.Ö., 2009. Effects of employee trainings on the occupational safety and health in accommodation sector. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 1, 1865–1870.
- Sharma, S., Garg, S., Mittal, S., 2015. Impact analysis of ICT teaching aids used for training and development of employees. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences.
- Sunardi, O., Widyarini, M., Tjakraatmadja, J.H., 2012. The Impact of Sales Forces Training Program to Employees Behaviour Styles (A Quasi-experimental Case Study In a Medium Sized Enterprise). Procedia Economics and Finance 4, 264–273.
- Venugopalan, S., Ariga, P., Aggarwal, P., Viswanath, A., 2014. Magnetically retained silicone facial prosthesis. Niger. J. Clin. Pract. 17, 260–264.
- Article View: 18
- PDF Download: 20