Work life balance and career plans of female dentist entrepreneurs
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2020, Volume 26, Issue 2, Pages 436-441
AbstractWork-life balance is a significant constituent of a healthy workplace. Keeping up work-life balance lessens the pressure and forestalls burnout in the working environment. The objective of the study is to know the impact of work-life balance on success criteria and family issues. In spite of the fact that finding a work-life balance as a dental specialist is troublesome, it altogether impacts general satisfaction, so the significance of discovering this parity couldn't be more important. The personal family issues and the thrive to go forward in their career is highly influenced by the kind of balance they have between job and personal life. Descriptive research is used in the study and the study is focused on 67 female dentists. Work life balance affects the personal issues faced rather than the success criteria of female dentists. Based on the results, implementations are suggested for the female dentists to overcome the challenges and acquire balanced work life.
- A.C.Gomathi, S.R.Xavier Rajarathinam, A.Mohammed Sadiqc, Rajeshkumar, 2020. Anticancer activity of silver nanoparticles synthesized using aqueous fruit shell extract of Tamarindus indica on MCF-7 human breast cancer cell line. J. Drug Deliv. Sci. Technol. 55.
- Al-Junaid, S.M., Hodges, S.J., Petrie, A., Cunningham, S.J., 2017. Career satisfaction and work-life balance of specialist orthodontists within the UK/ROI. Br. Dent. J. 223, 53–58.
- Anuradha, Pandey, M., 2016. Impact of work-life balance on job satisfaction of women doctors. Sumy 14, 319–324.
- Chandra, V., 2012. Work–life balance: eastern and western perspectives. The International Journal of Human Resource Management 23, 1040–1056.
- Danda, A.K., Ravi, P., 2011. Effectiveness of postoperative antibiotics in orthognathic surgery: a meta-analysis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 69, 2650–2656.
- Danda, A.K., S, R., Chinnaswami, R., 2009. Comparison of gap arthroplasty with and without a temporalis muscle flap for the treatment of ankylosis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 67, 1425–1431.
- Davidson, S., Major, P.W., Flores-Mir, C., Amin, M., Keenan, L., 2012. Women in orthodontics and work-family balance: challenges and strategies. J. Can. Dent. Assoc. 78, c61.
- De Wet, E., Truter, M., Ligthelm, A.J., 1997. Working patterns of male and female dentists in South Africa. The Journal of the Dental Association of South Africa= Die Tydskrif van die Tandheelkundige Vereniging van Suid-Afrika 52, 15–17.
- Doble, N., Supriya, M.V., 2010. Gender Differences in the Perception of Work-Life Balance. Managing Global Transitions: International Research Journal 8.
- Dua, K., Wadhwa, R., Singhvi, G., Rapalli, V., Shukla, S.D., Shastri, M.D., Gupta, G., Satija, S., Mehta, M., Khurana, N., Awasthi, R., Maurya, P.K., Thangavelu, L., S, R., Tambuwala, M.M., Collet, T., Hansbro, P.M., Chellappan, D.K., 2019. The potential of siRNA based drug delivery in respiratory disorders: Recent advances and progress. Drug Dev. Res. 80, 714–730.
- Ezhilarasan, D., Apoorva, V.S., Ashok Vardhan, N., 2019. Syzygium cumini extract induced reactive oxygen species-mediated apoptosis in human oral squamous carcinoma cells. J. Oral Pathol. Med. 48, 115–121.
- Guest, D.E., 2002. Perspectives on the Study of Work-life Balance. Soc. Sci. Inf. 41, 255–279.
- Krishnan, R., Chary, K.V., 2015. A rare case modafinil dependence. J. Pharmacol. Pharmacother. 6, 49–50.
- Manivannan, I., Ranganathan, S., Gopalakannan, S. et al., 2018. Mechanical Properties and Tribological Behavior of Al6061–SiC–Gr Self-Lubricating Hybrid Nanocomposites. Trans Indian Inst Met 71, 1897–1911.
- Mone, F.H., Ashrafi, D.M., Sarker, M.A.R., 2019. Work Life Balance of Female Doctors in Bangladesh: An Overview.
- Narayanan, V., Kannan, R., Sreekumar, K., 2009. Retromandibular approach for reduction and fixation of mandibular condylar fractures: a clinical experience. Int. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 38, 835–839.
- Narayanan, V., Ramadorai, A., Ravi, P., Nirvikalpa, N., 2012. Transmasseteric anterior parotid approach for condylar fractures: experience of 129 cases. Br. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 50, 420–424.
- Neelakantan, P., John, S., Anand, S., Sureshbabu, N., Subbarao, C., 2011. Fluoride release from a new glass-ionomer cement. Oper. Dent. 36, 80–85.
- Neelakantan, P., Sharma, S., 2015. Pain after single-visit root canal treatment with two single-file systems based on different kinematics--a prospective randomized multicenter clinical study. Clin. Oral Investig. 19, 2211–2217.
- Neelakantan, P., Subbarao, C., Sharma, S., Subbarao, C.V., Garcia-Godoy, F., Gutmann, J.L., 2013. Effectiveness of curcumin against Enterococcus faecalis biofilm. Acta Odontol. Scand. 71, 1453–1457.
- Padmapriya, R., 2019. Awareness of dental ergonomics amongst dental practitioners and post graduates in Chennai city- A cross sectional study. International Journal of Medical Science And Diagnosis Research 3.
- Pallavi, S.K., Rajkumar, G.C., 2011. Professional practice among woman dentist. J Int Soc Prev Community Dent 1, 14–19.
- Panchal, V., Jeevanandan, G., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Comparison of post-operative pain after root canal instrumentation with hand K-files, H-files and rotary Kedo-S files in primary teeth: a randomised clinical trial. Eur. Arch. Paediatr. Dent. 20, 467–472.
- Prasanna, N., Subbarao, C.V., Gutmann, J.L., 2011. The efficacy of pre-operative oral medication of lornoxicam and diclofenac potassium on the success of inferior alveolar nerve block in patients with irreversible pulpitis: a double-blind, randomised controlled clinical trial. Int. Endod. J. 44, 330–336.
- Priya S, R., Krishnan, C., S, J.R., Das}, J., 2009. Growth and characterization of NLO active lithium sulphate monohydrate single crystals. Crystal research and technology 44, 1272–76`.
- Rajeh, M., Hovey, R., Esfandiari, S., 2014. An inquiry into female dentists’ professional lives and concerns. Open J. Soc. Sci. 02, 121–129.
- Rajeshkumar, S., Menon, S., Venkat Kumar, S., Tambuwala, M.M., Bakshi, H.A., Mehta, M., Satija, S., Gupta, G., Chellappan, D.K., Thangavelu, L., Dua, K., 2019. Antibacterial and antioxidant potential of biosynthesized copper nanoparticles mediated through Cissus arnotiana plant extract. J. Photochem. Photobiol. B 197, 111531.
- Ramadurai, N., Gurunathan, D., Samuel, A.V., Subramanian, E., Rodrigues, S.J.L., 2019. Effectiveness of 2% Articaine as an anesthetic agent in children: randomized controlled trial. Clin. Oral Investig. 23, 3543–3550.
- Ramakrishnan, M., Dhanalakshmi, R., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Survival rate of different fixed posterior space maintainers used in Paediatric Dentistry - A systematic review. Saudi Dent J 31, 165–172.
- Ramesh, A., Varghese, S.S., Doraiswamy, J.N., Malaiappan, S., 2016. Herbs as an antioxidant arsenal for periodontal diseases. J Intercult Ethnopharmacol 5, 92–96.
- Sandhya, J., 2017. Female dentists and work--family balance: Challenges and strategies. International Dental & Medical Journal of Advanced Research 3, 1–4.
- Soma, K.J., Thomson, W.M., Morgaine, K.C., Harding, W.J., 2012. A qualitative investigation of specialist orthodontists in New Zealand: part 2. Orthodontists’ working lives and work-life balance. Aust. Orthod. J. 28, 170–180.
- Sundaresan, S., 2014. Work-life balance--implications for working women. OIDA International Journal of Sustainable Development 7, 93–102.
- Tahir, S., Bashir, A., Khan, J.S., 2014. FACTORS THAT HINDER FEMALE DENTISTS IN PURSUING THEIR CAREER. Biomedica 30.
- Tausig, M., Fenwick, R., 2001. Unbinding Time: Alternate Work Schedules and Work-Life Balance. J. Fam. Econ. Issues 22, 101–119.
- Venugopalan, S., Ariga, P., Aggarwal, P., Viswanath, A., 2014. Magnetically retained silicone facial prosthesis. Niger. J. Clin. Pract. 17, 260–264.
- Article View: 87
- PDF Download: 78