Impact of work from home on employee wellbeing during pandemic
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2020, Volume 26, Issue 2, Pages 442-446
AbstractThe research paper title work from home: A study on wellbeing of employees during work from home during coronavirus pandemic. The main objective of the study is to know how the employee wellbeing is affected due to work from home. Especially in the IT industry the work life balance of the employees is affected badly. The descriptive research is used in this study as the research design and the sampling method is used as the convenience sampling. The size of the sample collected in this study is sixty (60) also the primary data is used. The statistical tools used in this study are frequency analysis, mean analysis and regression. Regression analysis is used to measure the wellbeing of the employees during COVID-19 pandemic. The components used to measure the impacts of work from home on employee wellbeing are work demands, home demands, work interfering with family, family interfering work and employee wellbeing. This analysis will be useful for the human resource managers to know the wellbeing of the employees during work from home.
- A.C.Gomathi, S.R.Xavier Rajarathinam, A.Mohammed Sadiqc, Rajeshkumar, 2020. Anticancer activity of silver nanoparticles synthesized using aqueous fruit shell extract of Tamarindus indica on MCF-7 human breast cancer cell line. J. Drug Deliv. Sci. Technol. 55.
- Altig, D.E., Barrero, J.M., Bloom, N., Davis, S.J., Meyer, B., Mihaylov, E., Parker, N.B., 2020. Firms Expect Working from Home to Triple.
- Ammons, S.K., Markham, W.T., 2004. WORKING AT HDOME: EXPERIENCES OF SKILLED WHITE COLLAR WORKERS. Sociol. Spectr. 24, 191–238.
- Arntz, M., Ben Yahmed, S., Berlingieri, F., 2020. Working from Home and COVID-19: The Chances and Risks for Gender Gaps. Inter Econ. 55, 381–386.
- Bloom, N., Liang, J., Roberts, J., Ying, Z.J., 2014. Does Working from Home Work? Evidence from a Chinese Experiment. Q. J. Econ. 130, 165–218.
- Crosbie, T., Moore, J., 2004. Work–life balance and working from home. Soc. Policy 3, 223–233.
- Danda, A.K., Ravi, P., 2011. Effectiveness of postoperative antibiotics in orthognathic surgery: a meta-analysis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 69, 2650–2656.
- Danda, A.K., S, R., Chinnaswami, R., 2009. Comparison of gap arthroplasty with and without a temporalis muscle flap for the treatment of ankylosis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 67, 1425–1431.
- Deng, Z., Morissette, R., Messacar, D., 2020. Running the economy remotely: Potential for working from home during and after COVID-19. Statistics Canada Catalogue.
- Dingel, J.I., Neiman, B., 2020. How Many Jobs Can be Done at Home? ( No. w26948). National Bureau of Economic Research.
- Dua, K., Wadhwa, R., Singhvi, G., Rapalli, V., Shukla, S.D., Shastri, M.D., Gupta, G., Satija, S., Mehta, M., Khurana, N., Awasthi, R., Maurya, P.K., Thangavelu, L., S, R., Tambuwala, M.M., Collet, T., Hansbro, P.M., Chellappan, D.K., 2019. The potential of siRNA based drug delivery in respiratory disorders: Recent advances and progress. Drug Dev. Res. 80, 714–730.
- Ezhilarasan, D., Apoorva, V.S., Ashok Vardhan, N., 2019. Syzygium cumini extract induced reactive oxygen species-mediated apoptosis in human oral squamous carcinoma cells. J. Oral Pathol. Med. 48, 115–121.
- Felstead, A., Jewson, N., Phizacklea, A., Walters, S., 2001. Blurring the Home/work Boundary: Profiling Employers who Allow Working from Home. University of Leicester.
- Felstead, A., Jewson, N., Walters, S., 2003. Managerial control of employees working at home. Br. J. Ind. Relat. 41, 241–264.
- Graaff, T., Rietveld, P., 2007. Substitution between working at home and out-of-home: The role of ICT and commuting costs. Transp. Res. Part A: Policy Pract. 41, 142–160.
- Halford, S., 2006. Collapsing the boundaries? Fatherhood, organization and home-working. Gend. Work Organ. 13, 383–402.
- Hardill, I., Green, A., 2003. Remote working—altering the spatial contours of work and home in the new economy. New Technol. Work Employ. 18, 212–222.
- Hern, A., 2020. Covid-19 could cause permanent shift towards home working. Guardian 13.
- Jones, C.J., Philippon, T., Venkateswaran, V., 2020. Optimal Mitigation Policies in a Pandemic: Social Distancing and Working from Home ( No. w26984). National Bureau of Economic Research.
- Krishnan, R., Chary, K.V., 2015. A rare case modafinil dependence. J. Pharmacol. Pharmacother. 6, 49–50.
- Manivannan, I., Ranganathan, S., Gopalakannan, S. et al., 2018. Mechanical Properties and Tribological Behavior of Al6061–SiC–Gr Self-Lubricating Hybrid Nanocomposites. Trans Indian Inst Met 71, 1897–1911.
- Nansen, B., Arnold, M., Gibbs, M., Davis, H., 2010. Time, space and technology in the working-home: an unsettled nexus: Time, space and technology in the working-home. New Technol. Work Employ. 25, 136–153.
- Narayanan, V., Kannan, R., Sreekumar, K., 2009. Retromandibular approach for reduction and fixation of mandibular condylar fractures: a clinical experience. Int. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 38, 835–839.
- Narayanan, V., Ramadorai, A., Ravi, P., Nirvikalpa, N., 2012. Transmasseteric anterior parotid approach for condylar fractures: experience of 129 cases. Br. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 50, 420–424.
- Neelakantan, P., John, S., Anand, S., Sureshbabu, N., Subbarao, C., 2011. Fluoride release from a new glass-ionomer cement. Oper. Dent. 36, 80–85.
- Neelakantan, P., Sharma, S., 2015. Pain after single-visit root canal treatment with two single-file systems based on different kinematics--a prospective randomized multicenter clinical study. Clin. Oral Investig. 19, 2211–2217.
- Neelakantan, P., Subbarao, C., Sharma, S., Subbarao, C.V., Garcia-Godoy, F., Gutmann, J.L., 2013. Effectiveness of curcumin against Enterococcus faecalis biofilm. Acta Odontol. Scand. 71, 1453–1457.
- Panchal, V., Jeevanandan, G., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Comparison of post-operative pain after root canal instrumentation with hand K-files, H-files and rotary Kedo-S files in primary teeth: a randomised clinical trial. Eur. Arch. Paediatr. Dent. 20, 467–472.
- Prasanna, N., Subbarao, C.V., Gutmann, J.L., 2011. The efficacy of pre-operative oral medication of lornoxicam and diclofenac potassium on the success of inferior alveolar nerve block in patients with irreversible pulpitis: a double-blind, randomised controlled clinical trial. Int. Endod. J. 44, 330–336.
- Priya S, R., Krishnan, C., S, J.R., Das}, J., 2009. Growth and characterization of NLO active lithium sulphate monohydrate single crystals. Crystal research and technology 44, 1272–76`.
- Raišienė, A.G., Rapuano, V., Varkulevičiūtė, K., Stachová, K., 2020. Working from Home—Who is Happy? A Survey of Lithuania’s Employees during the Covid-19 Quarantine Period. Sustain. Sci. Pract. Policy 12, 5332.
- Rajeshkumar, S., Menon, S., Venkat Kumar, S., Tambuwala, M.M., Bakshi, H.A., Mehta, M., Satija, S., Gupta, G., Chellappan, D.K., Thangavelu, L., Dua, K., 2019. Antibacterial and antioxidant potential of biosynthesized copper nanoparticles mediated through Cissus arnotiana plant extract. J. Photochem. Photobiol. B 197, 111531.
- Ramadurai, N., Gurunathan, D., Samuel, A.V., Subramanian, E., Rodrigues, S.J.L., 2019. Effectiveness of 2% Articaine as an anesthetic agent in children: randomized controlled trial. Clin. Oral Investig. 23, 3543–3550.
- Ramakrishnan, M., Dhanalakshmi, R., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Survival rate of different fixed posterior space maintainers used in Paediatric Dentistry - A systematic review. Saudi Dent J 31, 165–172.
- Ramesh, A., Varghese, S.S., Doraiswamy, J.N., Malaiappan, S., 2016. Herbs as an antioxidant arsenal for periodontal diseases. J Intercult Ethnopharmacol 5, 92–96.
- Russell, H., O’Connell, P.J., McGinnity, F., 2009. The impact of flexible working arrangements on work--life conflict and work pressure in Ireland. Gend. Work Organ. 16, 73–97.
- Streitfeld, D., 2020. The Long, Unhappy History of Working From Home. NY Times .
- Venugopalan, S., Ariga, P., Aggarwal, P., Viswanath, A., 2014. Magnetically retained silicone facial prosthesis. Niger. J. Clin. Pract. 17, 260–264.
- Article View: 465
- PDF Download: 250