Factors of job satisfaction of non-medical employees in healthcare industry
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2020, Volume 26, Issue 2, Pages 471-477
AbstractThis research aims to assess the job satisfaction of workers of various IT employees in the Health care sector. It focuses on the relative relevance of factors of job satisfaction and their impact on employee’s actual job satisfaction. A sample of 114 employees from the hospital sector was used for this analysis. The study indicates the organizational development, policies of compensation and benefit, promotion and career development, work task, relationship with supervisor of the hospital are major factors of job satisfaction. The study is useful for evaluating employee satisfaction with their careers, whether or not they like jobs or specific aspects or measurements of work, such as job efficiency and supervision.
- A.C.Gomathi, S.R.Xavier Rajarathinam, A.Mohammed Sadiqc, Rajeshkumar, 2020. Anticancer activity of silver nanoparticles synthesized using aqueous fruit shell extract of Tamarindus indica on MCF-7 human breast cancer cell line. J. Drug Deliv. Sci. Technol. 55.
- Bhardwaj, A., Mishra, S., Kumar Jain, T., 2020. An analysis to understanding the job satisfaction of employees in banking industry. Materials Today: Proceedings.
- Côté, K., Lauzier, M., Stinglhamber, F., 2020. The relationship between presenteeism and job satisfaction: A mediated moderation model using work engagement and perceived organizational support. European Management Journal.
- Danda, A.K., Ravi, P., 2011. Effectiveness of postoperative antibiotics in orthognathic surgery: a meta-analysis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 69, 2650–2656.
- Danda, A.K., S, R., Chinnaswami, R., 2009. Comparison of gap arthroplasty with and without a temporalis muscle flap for the treatment of ankylosis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 67, 1425–1431.
- Danzer, N., 2019. Job satisfaction and self-selection into the public or private sector: Evidence from a natural experiment. Labour Econ. 57, 46–62.
- Dua, K., Wadhwa, R., Singhvi, G., Rapalli, V., Shukla, S.D., Shastri, M.D., Gupta, G., Satija, S., Mehta, M., Khurana, N., Awasthi, R., Maurya, P.K., Thangavelu, L., S, R., Tambuwala, M.M., Collet, T., Hansbro, P.M., Chellappan, D.K., 2019. The potential of siRNA based drug delivery in respiratory disorders: Recent advances and progress. Drug Dev. Res. 80, 714–730.
- Ezhilarasan, D., Apoorva, V.S., Ashok Vardhan, N., 2019. Syzygium cumini extract induced reactive oxygen species-mediated apoptosis in human oral squamous carcinoma cells. J. Oral Pathol. Med. 48, 115–121.
- Goodell, T.T., Van Ess Coeling, H., 1994. Outcomes of nurses’ job satisfaction. J. Nurs. Adm. 24, 36–41.
- Huang, Y.-H., Lee, J., McFadden, A.C., Murphy, L.A., Robertson, M.M., Cheung, J.H., Zohar, D., 2016. Beyond safety outcomes: An investigation of the impact of safety climate on job satisfaction, employee engagement and turnover using social exchange theory as the theoretical framework. Appl. Ergon. 55, 248–257.
- Kalleberg, A.L., 1977. Work Values and Job Rewards: A Theory of Job Satisfaction. Am. Sociol. Rev. 42, 124–143.
- Krishnan, R., Chary, K.V., 2015. A rare case modafinil dependence. J. Pharmacol. Pharmacother. 6, 49–50.
- Larson, E., Lee, P.C., Brown, M.A., Shorr, J., 1984. Job satisfaction. Assumptions and complexities. J. Nurs. Adm. 14, 31–38.
- Manivannan, I., Ranganathan, S., Gopalakannan, S. et al., 2018. Mechanical Properties and Tribological Behavior of Al6061–SiC–Gr Self-Lubricating Hybrid Nanocomposites. Trans Indian Inst Met 71, 1897–1911.
- Meng, J., Berger, B.K., 2019. The impact of organizational culture and leadership performance on PR professionals’ job satisfaction: Testing the joint mediating effects of engagement and trust. Public Relat. Rev. 45, 64–75.
- Narayanan, V., Kannan, R., Sreekumar, K., 2009. Retromandibular approach for reduction and fixation of mandibular condylar fractures: a clinical experience. Int. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 38, 835–839.
- Narayanan, V., Ramadorai, A., Ravi, P., Nirvikalpa, N., 2012. Transmasseteric anterior parotid approach for condylar fractures: experience of 129 cases. Br. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 50, 420–424.
- Neelakantan, P., John, S., Anand, S., Sureshbabu, N., Subbarao, C., 2011. Fluoride release from a new glass-ionomer cement. Oper. Dent. 36, 80–85.
- Neelakantan, P., Sharma, S., 2015. Pain after single-visit root canal treatment with two single-file systems based on different kinematics--a prospective randomized multicenter clinical study. Clin. Oral Investig. 19, 2211–2217.
- Neelakantan, P., Subbarao, C., Sharma, S., Subbarao, C.V., Garcia-Godoy, F., Gutmann, J.L., 2013. Effectiveness of curcumin against Enterococcus faecalis biofilm. Acta Odontol. Scand. 71, 1453–1457.
- Panchal, V., Jeevanandan, G., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Comparison of post-operative pain after root canal instrumentation with hand K-files, H-files and rotary Kedo-S files in primary teeth: a randomised clinical trial. Eur. Arch. Paediatr. Dent. 20, 467–472.
- Parvin, M.M., Kabir, M.M.N., 2011. Factors affecting employee job satisfaction of pharmaceutical sector. Australian journal of business and management research 1, 113.
- Porter, L.W., Steers, R.M., Mowday, R.T., Boulian, P.V., 1974. Organizational commitment, job satisfaction, and turnover among psychiatric technicians. Journal of Applied Psychology.
- Prasanna, N., Subbarao, C.V., Gutmann, J.L., 2011. The efficacy of pre-operative oral medication of lornoxicam and diclofenac potassium on the success of inferior alveolar nerve block in patients with irreversible pulpitis: a double-blind, randomised controlled clinical trial. Int. Endod. J. 44, 330–336.
- Priya S, R., Krishnan, C., S, J.R., Das}, J., 2009. Growth and characterization of NLO active lithium sulphate monohydrate single crystals. Crystal research and technology 44, 1272–76`.
- Rajeshkumar, S., Menon, S., Venkat Kumar, S., Tambuwala, M.M., Bakshi, H.A., Mehta, M., Satija, S., Gupta, G., Chellappan, D.K., Thangavelu, L., Dua, K., 2019. Antibacterial and antioxidant potential of biosynthesized copper nanoparticles mediated through Cissus arnotiana plant extract. J. Photochem. Photobiol. B 197, 111531.
- Ramadurai, N., Gurunathan, D., Samuel, A.V., Subramanian, E., Rodrigues, S.J.L., 2019. Effectiveness of 2% Articaine as an anesthetic agent in children: randomized controlled trial. Clin. Oral Investig. 23, 3543–3550.
- Ramakrishnan, M., Dhanalakshmi, R., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Survival rate of different fixed posterior space maintainers used in Paediatric Dentistry - A systematic review. Saudi Dent J 31, 165–172.
- Ramesh, A., Varghese, S.S., Doraiswamy, J.N., Malaiappan, S., 2016. Herbs as an antioxidant arsenal for periodontal diseases. J Intercult Ethnopharmacol 5, 92–96.
- Saari, L.M., Judge, T.A., 2004. Employee attitudes and job satisfaction. Hum. Resour. Manage. 43, 395–407.
- Sneed, J., Herman, C.M., 1990. Influence of job characteristics and organizational commitment on job satisfaction of hospital foodservice employees. J. Am. Diet. Assoc. 90, 1072–1076.
- Spector, P.E., 1997. Job Satisfaction: Application, Assessment, Causes, and Consequences. SAGE Publications.
- Venugopalan, S., Ariga, P., Aggarwal, P., Viswanath, A., 2014. Magnetically retained silicone facial prosthesis. Niger. J. Clin. Pract. 17, 260–264.
- Wang, W., Wang, Y., Zhang, Y., Ma, J., 2020. Spillover of workplace IT satisfaction onto job satisfaction: The roles of job fit and professional fit. Int. J. Inf. Manage. 50, 341–352.
- Article View: 49
- PDF Download: 40