Workaholic behaviour in police professionals
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2020, Volume 26, Issue 2, Pages 483-488
AbstractWorkaholism is nothing but working excessive hours beyond workplace or financial requirements, by thinking continually about work, with lack of work enjoyment, which are unrelated to actual workplace demands. This study emphasis on examining the impact of workaholism on work engagement. Convenience sampling method is used to collect the data from 58 police professionals. Multiple linear regression is used to analyse the data. The results prove that the work addiction has negative relationships with work engagement, work life conflict and work perfectionism have positive relationships with work engagement. This study provides suggestions for workaholic people in the police profession.
- A.C.Gomathi, S.R.Xavier Rajarathinam, A.Mohammed Sadiqc, Rajeshkumar, 2020. Anticancer activity of silver nanoparticles synthesized using aqueous fruit shell extract of Tamarindus indica on MCF-7 human breast cancer cell line. J. Drug Deliv. Sci. Technol. 55.
- Balducci, C., Cecchin, M., Fraccaroli, F., Schaufeli, W.B., 2012. Exploring the relationship between workaholism and workplace aggressive behaviour: The role of job-related emotion. Pers. Individ. Dif. 53, 629–634.
- Bartczak, M., Ogińska-Bulik, N., 2012. Workaholism and mental health among Polish academic workers. Int. J. Occup. Saf. Ergon. 18, 3–13.
- Danda, A.K., Ravi, P., 2011. Effectiveness of postoperative antibiotics in orthognathic surgery: a meta-analysis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 69, 2650–2656.
- Danda, A.K., S, R., Chinnaswami, R., 2009. Comparison of gap arthroplasty with and without a temporalis muscle flap for the treatment of ankylosis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 67, 1425–1431.
- Di Stefano, G., Gaudiino, M., 2019. Workaholism and work engagement: how are they similar? How are they different? A systematic review and meta-analysis. Eur. J. Work Org. Psychol. 28, 329–347.
- Dua, K., Wadhwa, R., Singhvi, G., Rapalli, V., Shukla, S.D., Shastri, M.D., Gupta, G., Satija, S., Mehta, M., Khurana, N., Awasthi, R., Maurya, P.K., Thangavelu, L., S, R., Tambuwala, M.M., Collet, T., Hansbro, P.M., Chellappan, D.K., 2019. The potential of siRNA based drug delivery in respiratory disorders: Recent advances and progress. Drug Dev. Res. 80, 714–730.
- Ezhilarasan, D., Apoorva, V.S., Ashok Vardhan, N., 2019. Syzygium cumini extract induced reactive oxygen species-mediated apoptosis in human oral squamous carcinoma cells. J. Oral Pathol. Med. 48, 115–121.
- Girardi, D., Falco, A., De Carlo, A., Dal Corso, L., Benevene, P., 2018. Perfectionism and workaholism in managers: The moderating role of workload. TPM: Testing, Psychometrics, Methodology in Applied Psychology 25.
- Kravina, L., Falco, A., De Carlo, N.A., Andreassen, C.S., Pallesen, S., 2014. Workaholism and work engagement in the family: The relationship between parents and children as a risk factor. Eur. J. Work Org. Psychol. 23, 875–883.
- Krishnan, R., Chary, K.V., 2015. A rare case modafinil dependence. J. Pharmacol. Pharmacother. 6, 49–50.
- Manivannan, I., Ranganathan, S., Gopalakannan, S. et al., 2018. Mechanical Properties and Tribological Behavior of Al6061–SiC–Gr Self-Lubricating Hybrid Nanocomposites. Trans Indian Inst Met 71, 1897–1911.
- Mcmillan, L.H.W., O’Driscoll, M.P., Brady, E.C., 2004. The impact of workaholism on personal relationships. British Journal of Guidance & Counselling.
- Narayanan, V., Kannan, R., Sreekumar, K., 2009. Retromandibular approach for reduction and fixation of mandibular condylar fractures: a clinical experience. Int. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 38, 835–839.
- Narayanan, V., Ramadorai, A., Ravi, P., Nirvikalpa, N., 2012. Transmasseteric anterior parotid approach for condylar fractures: experience of 129 cases. Br. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 50, 420–424.
- Neelakantan, P., John, S., Anand, S., Sureshbabu, N., Subbarao, C., 2011. Fluoride release from a new glass-ionomer cement. Oper. Dent. 36, 80–85.
- Neelakantan, P., Sharma, S., 2015. Pain after single-visit root canal treatment with two single-file systems based on different kinematics--a prospective randomized multicenter clinical study. Clin. Oral Investig. 19, 2211–2217.
- Neelakantan, P., Subbarao, C., Sharma, S., Subbarao, C.V., Garcia-Godoy, F., Gutmann, J.L., 2013. Effectiveness of curcumin against Enterococcus faecalis biofilm. Acta Odontol. Scand. 71, 1453–1457.
- Panchal, V., Jeevanandan, G., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Comparison of post-operative pain after root canal instrumentation with hand K-files, H-files and rotary Kedo-S files in primary teeth: a randomised clinical trial. Eur. Arch. Paediatr. Dent. 20, 467–472.
- Prasanna, N., Subbarao, C.V., Gutmann, J.L., 2011. The efficacy of pre-operative oral medication of lornoxicam and diclofenac potassium on the success of inferior alveolar nerve block in patients with irreversible pulpitis: a double-blind, randomised controlled clinical trial. Int. Endod. J. 44, 330–336.
- Priya S, R., Krishnan, C., S, J.R., Das}, J., 2009. Growth and characterization of NLO active lithium sulphate monohydrate single crystals. Crystal research and technology 44, 1272–76`.
- Rajeshkumar, S., Menon, S., Venkat Kumar, S., Tambuwala, M.M., Bakshi, H.A., Mehta, M., Satija, S., Gupta, G., Chellappan, D.K., Thangavelu, L., Dua, K., 2019. Antibacterial and antioxidant potential of biosynthesized copper nanoparticles mediated through Cissus arnotiana plant extract. J. Photochem. Photobiol. B 197, 111531.
- Ramadurai, N., Gurunathan, D., Samuel, A.V., Subramanian, E., Rodrigues, S.J.L., 2019. Effectiveness of 2% Articaine as an anesthetic agent in children: randomized controlled trial. Clin. Oral Investig. 23, 3543–3550.
- Ramakrishnan, M., Dhanalakshmi, R., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Survival rate of different fixed posterior space maintainers used in Paediatric Dentistry - A systematic review. Saudi Dent J 31, 165–172.
- Ramesh, A., Varghese, S.S., Doraiswamy, J.N., Malaiappan, S., 2016. Herbs as an antioxidant arsenal for periodontal diseases. J Intercult Ethnopharmacol 5, 92–96.
- Schaufeli, W.B., Taris, T.W., van Rhenen, W., 2008. Workaholism, burnout, and work engagement: Three of a kind or three different kinds of employee well-being? Appl. Psychol. 57, 173–203.
- Snir, R., Harpaz, I., Burke, R., Russo, J.A., Waters, L.E., 2006. Workaholic worker type differences in work-family conflict. Career Development International.
- Stoeber, J., Damian, L.E., 2016. Perfectionism in Employees: Work Engagement, Workaholism, and Burnout. In: Sirois, F.M., Molnar, D.S. (Eds.), Perfectionism, Health, and Well-Being. Springer International Publishing, Cham, pp. 265–283.
- Taris, T.W., Geurts, S.A.E., Schaufeli, W.B., Blonk, R.W.B., Lagerveld, S.E., 2008. All day and all of the night: The relative contribution of two dimensions of workaholism to well-being in self-employed workers. Work & Stress 22, 153–165.
- van Beek, I., Taris, T.W., Schaufeli, W.B., 2011. Workaholic and work engaged employees: dead ringers or worlds apart? J. Occup. Health Psychol. 16, 468–482.
- Venugopalan, S., Ariga, P., Aggarwal, P., Viswanath, A., 2014. Magnetically retained silicone facial prosthesis. Niger. J. Clin. Pract. 17, 260–264.
- Zincirkiran, M., 2014. Workaholism research on junior administrative police officers in the police department. Int. J. Acad. Res. Bus. Soc. Sci. 4.
- Article View: 61
- PDF Download: 80