Factors of employee retention in IT industry
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2020, Volume 26, Issue 2, Pages 489-494
AbstractOrganisations spend a lot of resources for training talented employees and making them worthy, retention of such employees is a crucial task for an organisation. The target of the current study was to research explicit maintenance factors that prompted the authoritative responsibility of high innovation workers. The sample for the data is collected from the 62 expert IT professionals from a reputed IT company in Chennai. The Organizational Commitment Scale and a maintenance factor estimation scale were managed. The most applicable logical variables were pay, work qualities, employee’s assistance and work/life balance strategies, which seemed to impact the improvement of hierarchical responsibility in high innovation employees or representatives. The implications of the study are also examined. The study focuses to help the organizations to determine the retention strategies for the maintenance of employees.
- A.C.Gomathi, S.R.Xavier Rajarathinam, A.Mohammed Sadiqc, Rajeshkumar, 2020. Anticancer activity of silver nanoparticles synthesized using aqueous fruit shell extract of Tamarindus indica on MCF-7 human breast cancer cell line. J. Drug Deliv. Sci. Technol. 55.
- Anitha, J., Others, 2016. Role of Organisational Culture and Employee Commitment in Employee Retention. ASBM Journal of Management 9.
- Arnold, E., 2005. Managing human resources to improve employee retention. Health Care Manag. 24, 132–140.
- Aruna, M.A., 2015. Employee Retention Enablers: Generation Y Employees. Kochi J. Math. 12, 94–103.
- Brown, W.A., Yoshioka, C.F., 2003. Mission attachment and satisfaction as factors in employee retention. Nonprofit Manag. Leadersh. 14, 5–18.
- Cahalane, H., Sites, E.W., 2008. The climate of child welfare employee retention. Child Welfare 87, 91–114.
- Cascio, W.F., 2014. Leveraging employer branding, performance management and human resource development to enhance employee retention. Human Resource Development International 17, 121–128.
- Cloutier, O., Felusiak, L., Hill, C., Pemberton-Jones, E.J., 2015. The Importance of Developing Strategies for Employee Retention. Journal of Leadership, Accountability & Ethics 12.
- Danda, A.K., Ravi, P., 2011. Effectiveness of postoperative antibiotics in orthognathic surgery: a meta-analysis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 69, 2650–2656.
- Danda, A.K., S, R., Chinnaswami, R., 2009. Comparison of gap arthroplasty with and without a temporalis muscle flap for the treatment of ankylosis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 67, 1425–1431.
- Dua, K., Wadhwa, R., Singhvi, G., Rapalli, V., Shukla, S.D., Shastri, M.D., Gupta, G., Satija, S., Mehta, M., Khurana, N., Awasthi, R., Maurya, P.K., Thangavelu, L., S, R., Tambuwala, M.M., Collet, T., Hansbro, P.M., Chellappan, D.K., 2019. The potential of siRNA based drug delivery in respiratory disorders: Recent advances and progress. Drug Dev. Res. 80, 714–730.
- Ezhilarasan, D., Apoorva, V.S., Ashok Vardhan, N., 2019. Syzygium cumini extract induced reactive oxygen species-mediated apoptosis in human oral squamous carcinoma cells. J. Oral Pathol. Med. 48, 115–121.
- Hassan, W., Razi, A., Qamar, R., Jaffir, R., Suhail, S., 2013. The Effect of Training on Employee Retention. Global Journal of Management And Business Research.
- Krishnan, R., Chary, K.V., 2015. A rare case modafinil dependence. J. Pharmacol. Pharmacother. 6, 49–50.
- Kyndt, E., Dochy, F., Michielsen, M., Moeyaert, B., 2009. Employee Retention: Organisational and Personal Perspectives. Vocations and Learning 2, 195–215.
- Manivannan, I., Ranganathan, S., Gopalakannan, S. et al., 2018. Mechanical Properties and Tribological Behavior of Al6061–SiC–Gr Self-Lubricating Hybrid Nanocomposites. Trans Indian Inst Met 71, 1897–1911.
- Narayanan, V., Kannan, R., Sreekumar, K., 2009. Retromandibular approach for reduction and fixation of mandibular condylar fractures: a clinical experience. Int. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 38, 835–839.
- Narayanan, V., Ramadorai, A., Ravi, P., Nirvikalpa, N., 2012. Transmasseteric anterior parotid approach for condylar fractures: experience of 129 cases. Br. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 50, 420–424.
- Neelakantan, P., John, S., Anand, S., Sureshbabu, N., Subbarao, C., 2011. Fluoride release from a new glass-ionomer cement. Oper. Dent. 36, 80–85.
- Neelakantan, P., Sharma, S., 2015. Pain after single-visit root canal treatment with two single-file systems based on different kinematics--a prospective randomized multicenter clinical study. Clin. Oral Investig. 19, 2211–2217.
- Neelakantan, P., Subbarao, C., Sharma, S., Subbarao, C.V., Garcia-Godoy, F., Gutmann, J.L., 2013. Effectiveness of curcumin against Enterococcus faecalis biofilm. Acta Odontol. Scand. 71, 1453–1457.
- Panchal, V., Jeevanandan, G., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Comparison of post-operative pain after root canal instrumentation with hand K-files, H-files and rotary Kedo-S files in primary teeth: a randomised clinical trial. Eur. Arch. Paediatr. Dent. 20, 467–472.
- Prasanna, N., Subbarao, C.V., Gutmann, J.L., 2011. The efficacy of pre-operative oral medication of lornoxicam and diclofenac potassium on the success of inferior alveolar nerve block in patients with irreversible pulpitis: a double-blind, randomised controlled clinical trial. Int. Endod. J. 44, 330–336.
- Priya S, R., Krishnan, C., S, J.R., Das}, J., 2009. Growth and characterization of NLO active lithium sulphate monohydrate single crystals. Crystal research and technology 44, 1272–76`.
- Rajeshkumar, S., Menon, S., Venkat Kumar, S., Tambuwala, M.M., Bakshi, H.A., Mehta, M., Satija, S., Gupta, G., Chellappan, D.K., Thangavelu, L., Dua, K., 2019. Antibacterial and antioxidant potential of biosynthesized copper nanoparticles mediated through Cissus arnotiana plant extract. J. Photochem. Photobiol. B 197, 111531.
- Ramadurai, N., Gurunathan, D., Samuel, A.V., Subramanian, E., Rodrigues, S.J.L., 2019. Effectiveness of 2% Articaine as an anesthetic agent in children: randomized controlled trial. Clin. Oral Investig. 23, 3543–3550.
- Ramakrishnan, M., Dhanalakshmi, R., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Survival rate of different fixed posterior space maintainers used in Paediatric Dentistry - A systematic review. Saudi Dent J 31, 165–172.
- Ramesh, A., Varghese, S.S., Doraiswamy, J.N., Malaiappan, S., 2016. Herbs as an antioxidant arsenal for periodontal diseases. J Intercult Ethnopharmacol 5, 92–96.
- Samuel, M.O., Chipunza, C., 2009. Employee retention and turnover: Using motivational variables as a panacea. African journal of business management 3, 410–415.
- Sandhya, K., 2011. Employee retention by motivation. Indian J. Sci. Technol. 4, 1778–1782.
- Spencer, D.G., 1986. Employee voice and employee retention. Acad. Manage. J. 29, 488–502.
- Taylor, S., 2002. The Employee Retention Handbook. CIPD Publishing.
- Venugopalan, S., Ariga, P., Aggarwal, P., Viswanath, A., 2014. Magnetically retained silicone facial prosthesis. Niger. J. Clin. Pract. 17, 260–264.
- Article View: 68
- PDF Download: 56