Pandemic impact: challenges faced by entrepreneurs of logistics industry
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2020, Volume 26, Issue 2, Pages 515-520
AbstractPandemic impact is one of the major causes that has affected and disrupted the flow of the logistics industry. Specifically during the covid-19 days, the industry had been clueless to handle tough times. The main aim of this study is to know the factors that had caused impact on the industry during the Covid times and to identify the main reason behind the struggle in shipping various products on time. Here this study involves a descriptive research method as research design and samples for the finding purpose were collected from 90 respondents along with the help of primary data. The research findings were analysed using tools like frequency analysis, mean analysis, independent t test and ANOVA analysis. It is evident that the major impact reasons were due to shortage of labour, lack of safety measures, shipment difficulties, transport isolation that made the industry to face difficult times.
- 4 big logistics challenges of COVID-19 – and how to overcome them [WWW Document], 2020. URL https://logisticsinsights.agility.com/COVID19/4-big-logistics-challenges-of-covid-19-and-how-to-overcome-them/ (accessed 1.23.21).
- A.C.Gomathi, S.R.Xavier Rajarathinam, A.Mohammed Sadiqc, Rajeshkumar, 2020. Anticancer activity of silver nanoparticles synthesized using aqueous fruit shell extract of Tamarindus indica on MCF-7 human breast cancer cell line. J. Drug Deliv. Sci. Technol. 55.
- Auto, E.T., 2020. Inland logistics players’ volume may fall 10-15% in current financial year: India Ratings [WWW Document]. PTI. URL https://www.google.com/amp/s/auto.economictimes.indiatimes.com/amp/news/aftermarket/inland-logistics-players-volume-may-fall-10-15-pc-in-current-financial-year-india-ratings/75297313 (accessed 1.23.21).
- COVID-19 impact: Indian e-commerce lost $400 million in a week, says Forrester, 2020.
- Danda, A.K., Ravi, P., 2011. Effectiveness of postoperative antibiotics in orthognathic surgery: a meta-analysis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 69, 2650–2656.
- Danda, A.K., S, R., Chinnaswami, R., 2009. Comparison of gap arthroplasty with and without a temporalis muscle flap for the treatment of ankylosis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 67, 1425–1431.
- Dua, K., Wadhwa, R., Singhvi, G., Rapalli, V., Shukla, S.D., Shastri, M.D., Gupta, G., Satija, S., Mehta, M., Khurana, N., Awasthi, R., Maurya, P.K., Thangavelu, L., S, R., Tambuwala, M.M., Collet, T., Hansbro, P.M., Chellappan, D.K., 2019. The potential of siRNA based drug delivery in respiratory disorders: Recent advances and progress. Drug Dev. Res. 80, 714–730.
- Ezhilarasan, D., Apoorva, V.S., Ashok Vardhan, N., 2019. Syzygium cumini extract induced reactive oxygen species-mediated apoptosis in human oral squamous carcinoma cells. J. Oral Pathol. Med. 48, 115–121.
- Impact of COVID-19 on logistics sector and trucking - detailed analysis [WWW Document], 2020. URL https://blog.smallcase.com/impact-of-covid-19-on-trucking-and-logistics-sector-part-1/ (accessed 1.23.21).
- Krishnan, R., Chary, K.V., 2015. A rare case modafinil dependence. J. Pharmacol. Pharmacother. 6, 49–50.
- Kuo, M.A., n.d. COVID-19: Impact on Global Shipping and China’s Economy [WWW Document]. URL https://thediplomat.com/2020/03/covid-19-impact-on-global-shipping-and-chinas-economy/ (accessed 1.23.21).
- Logistics: challenges and opportunities in the post-covid-19 world [WWW Document], n.d. URL https://atos.net/en/blog/logistics-challenges-and-opportunities-in-the-post-covid-19-world (accessed 1.23.21).
- Mamtany, S., 2020. COVID-19 pandemic severely affects logistics industry [WWW Document]. URL https://www.indiatvnews.com/business/news-covid-19-pandemic-severely-affects-logistics-industry-602411 (accessed 1.23.21).
- Managing COVID-19: How the pandemic disrupts global value chains [WWW Document], n.d. URL https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/04/covid-19-pandemic-disrupts-global-value-chains/ (accessed 1.23.21).
- Manivannan, I., Ranganathan, S., Gopalakannan, S. et al., 2018. Mechanical Properties and Tribological Behavior of Al6061–SiC–Gr Self-Lubricating Hybrid Nanocomposites. Trans Indian Inst Met 71, 1897–1911.
- Narayanan, V., Kannan, R., Sreekumar, K., 2009. Retromandibular approach for reduction and fixation of mandibular condylar fractures: a clinical experience. Int. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 38, 835–839.
- Narayanan, V., Ramadorai, A., Ravi, P., Nirvikalpa, N., 2012. Transmasseteric anterior parotid approach for condylar fractures: experience of 129 cases. Br. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 50, 420–424.
- Neelakantan, P., John, S., Anand, S., Sureshbabu, N., Subbarao, C., 2011. Fluoride release from a new glass-ionomer cement. Oper. Dent. 36, 80–85.
- Neelakantan, P., Sharma, S., 2015. Pain after single-visit root canal treatment with two single-file systems based on different kinematics--a prospective randomized multicenter clinical study. Clin. Oral Investig. 19, 2211–2217.
- Neelakantan, P., Subbarao, C., Sharma, S., Subbarao, C.V., Garcia-Godoy, F., Gutmann, J.L., 2013. Effectiveness of curcumin against Enterococcus faecalis biofilm. Acta Odontol. Scand. 71, 1453–1457.
- Panchal, V., Jeevanandan, G., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Comparison of post-operative pain after root canal instrumentation with hand K-files, H-files and rotary Kedo-S files in primary teeth: a randomised clinical trial. Eur. Arch. Paediatr. Dent. 20, 467–472.
- Parimala, G., n.d. An Analytical Study on the Challenges faced by the Indian Logistics Companies and. rrjournals.com.
- Prasanna, N., Subbarao, C.V., Gutmann, J.L., 2011. The efficacy of pre-operative oral medication of lornoxicam and diclofenac potassium on the success of inferior alveolar nerve block in patients with irreversible pulpitis: a double-blind, randomised controlled clinical trial. Int. Endod. J. 44, 330–336.
- Priya S, R., Krishnan, C., S, J.R., Das}, J., 2009. Growth and characterization of NLO active lithium sulphate monohydrate single crystals. Crystal research and technology 44, 1272–76`.
- Rajeshkumar, S., Menon, S., Venkat Kumar, S., Tambuwala, M.M., Bakshi, H.A., Mehta, M., Satija, S., Gupta, G., Chellappan, D.K., Thangavelu, L., Dua, K., 2019. Antibacterial and antioxidant potential of biosynthesized copper nanoparticles mediated through Cissus arnotiana plant extract. J. Photochem. Photobiol. B 197, 111531.
- Ramadurai, N., Gurunathan, D., Samuel, A.V., Subramanian, E., Rodrigues, S.J.L., 2019. Effectiveness of 2% Articaine as an anesthetic agent in children: randomized controlled trial. Clin. Oral Investig. 23, 3543–3550.
- Ramakrishnan, M., Dhanalakshmi, R., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Survival rate of different fixed posterior space maintainers used in Paediatric Dentistry - A systematic review. Saudi Dent J 31, 165–172.
- Ramesh, A., Varghese, S.S., Doraiswamy, J.N., Malaiappan, S., 2016. Herbs as an antioxidant arsenal for periodontal diseases. J Intercult Ethnopharmacol 5, 92–96.
- Supply chains in crisis [WWW Document], n.d. URL https://www.dhl.com/global-en/home/about-us/delivered-magazine/articles/2020/issue-3-2020/supply-chains-in-crisis.html (accessed 1.23.21).
- Venugopalan, S., Ariga, P., Aggarwal, P., Viswanath, A., 2014. Magnetically retained silicone facial prosthesis. Niger. J. Clin. Pract. 17, 260–264.
- Article View: 239
- PDF Download: 76