Impact of remote working on employees in IT industry
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2020, Volume 26, Issue 2, Pages 537-544
Abstractremote working and employee’s satisfaction, performance is recently being discussed often as the world is in a pandemic situation, Need for doing research has become inevitable in this field as many employees are working from home with limited resources. many significant factors are chosen for this study. The objective of this study is to know the impact of remote working in the IT industry, to find out the positive and negative consequences faced by employees while remote working, to study the influence of demographic variables on the perception of employees regarding remote working, and to give suggestions to overcome negative consequences. The questionnaire was circulated to remote workers in the IT industry. A total number of 61 respondents were contacted and were given the opportunity to participate in the survey through a convenience sampling method. The results of this research were found to be that communication is the most influencing factor of creating job satisfaction among remote employees in the IT industry and remote working is becoming the upcoming trend.
- Abdelkader, A., 2014. Benefits and Challenges of Remote Working in Egypt. Available at SSRN 2862969.
- A.C.Gomathi, S.R.Xavier Rajarathinam, A.Mohammed Sadiqc, Rajeshkumar, 2020. Anticancer activity of silver nanoparticles synthesized using aqueous fruit shell extract of Tamarindus indica on MCF-7 human breast cancer cell line. J. Drug Deliv. Sci. Technol. 55.
- Agostoni, L., 2020. Remote Working: Advices to Reduce Risks and Boost Productivity.
- Anderson, D., Kelliher, C., 2020. Enforced remote working and the work-life interface during lockdown. Gender in Management: An International Journal 35, 677–683.
- Bell, B.S., 2012. Remote work: Examining current trends and organizational practices.
- Brynjolfsson, E., Horton, J.J., Ozimek, A., Rock, D., Sharma, G., TuYe, H.-Y., 2020. COVID-19 and Remote Work: An Early Look at US Data ( No. w27344). National Bureau of Economic Research.
- Chattoraj, S.L., Prasad, G., Sharma, R.U., Champati ray, P.K., van der Meer, F.D., Guha, A., Pour, A.B., 2020. Integration of remote sensing, gravity and geochemical data for exploration of Cu-mineralization in Alwar basin, Rajasthan, India. Int. J. Appl. Earth Obs. Geoinf. 91, 102162.
- Danda, A.K., Ravi, P., 2011. Effectiveness of postoperative antibiotics in orthognathic surgery: a meta-analysis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 69, 2650–2656.
- Danda, A.K., S, R., Chinnaswami, R., 2009. Comparison of gap arthroplasty with and without a temporalis muscle flap for the treatment of ankylosis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 67, 1425–1431.
- Dua, K., Wadhwa, R., Singhvi, G., Rapalli, V., Shukla, S.D., Shastri, M.D., Gupta, G., Satija, S., Mehta, M., Khurana, N., Awasthi, R., Maurya, P.K., Thangavelu, L., S, R., Tambuwala, M.M., Collet, T., Hansbro, P.M., Chellappan, D.K., 2019. The potential of siRNA based drug delivery in respiratory disorders: Recent advances and progress. Drug Dev. Res. 80, 714–730.
- Elshaiekh, N.E.M., Hassan, Y.A.A., Abdallah, A.A.A., 2018. The Impacts of Remote Working on Workers Performance. In: 2018 International Arab Conference on Information Technology (ACIT). ieeexplore.ieee.org, pp. 1–5.
- Ezhilarasan, D., Apoorva, V.S., Ashok Vardhan, N., 2019. Syzygium cumini extract induced reactive oxygen species-mediated apoptosis in human oral squamous carcinoma cells. J. Oral Pathol. Med. 48, 115–121.
- Felstead, A., Henseke, G., 2017. Assessing the growth of remote working and its consequences for effort, well-being and work-life balance. New Technol. Work Employ. 32, 195–212.
- Gebert, M., 2012. [No title] [WWW Document]. URL https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Michael_Gebert2/publication/235722277_HOW_THE_REMOTE_WORKING_LANDSCAPE_WILL_SHAPE_THE_FUTURE_OF_WORK/links/0912f512e19fb3b62d000000.pdf (accessed 1.23.21).
- Kłopotek, M., 2017. The advantages and disadvantages of remote working from the perspective of young employees. Organizacja i Zarządzanie: kwartalnik naukowy.
- Krishnan, R., Chary, K.V., 2015. A rare case modafinil dependence. J. Pharmacol. Pharmacother. 6, 49–50.
- Magni, F., Tang, G., Manzoni, B., Caporarello, L., n.d. Can family-to-work enrichment decrease anxiety and benefit daily effectiveness in remote workers? The unlocking effect of work-life balance. obcovid19files.s3.amazonaws.com.
- Malecki, F., 2020. Overcoming the security risks of remote working. Computer Fraud & Security 2020, 10–12.
- Manivannan, I., Ranganathan, S., Gopalakannan, S. et al., 2018. Mechanical Properties and Tribological Behavior of Al6061–SiC–Gr Self-Lubricating Hybrid Nanocomposites. Trans Indian Inst Met 71, 1897–1911.
- Miele, F., Tirabeni, L., 2020. Digital technologies and power dynamics in the organization: A conceptual review of remote working and wearable technologies at work. Sociol. Compass 14, e12795.
- Molino, M., Ingusci, E., Signore, F., Manuti, A., Giancaspro, M.L., Russo, V., Zito, M., Cortese, C.G., 2020. Wellbeing Costs of Technology Use during Covid-19 Remote Working: An Investigation Using the Italian Translation of the Technostress Creators Scale. Sustain. Sci. Pract. Policy 12, 5911.
- Narayanan, V., Kannan, R., Sreekumar, K., 2009. Retromandibular approach for reduction and fixation of mandibular condylar fractures: a clinical experience. Int. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 38, 835–839.
- Narayanan, V., Ramadorai, A., Ravi, P., Nirvikalpa, N., 2012. Transmasseteric anterior parotid approach for condylar fractures: experience of 129 cases. Br. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 50, 420–424.
- Neelakantan, P., John, S., Anand, S., Sureshbabu, N., Subbarao, C., 2011. Fluoride release from a new glass-ionomer cement. Oper. Dent. 36, 80–85.
- Neelakantan, P., Sharma, S., 2015. Pain after single-visit root canal treatment with two single-file systems based on different kinematics--a prospective randomized multicenter clinical study. Clin. Oral Investig. 19, 2211–2217.
- Neelakantan, P., Subbarao, C., Sharma, S., Subbarao, C.V., Garcia-Godoy, F., Gutmann, J.L., 2013. Effectiveness of curcumin against Enterococcus faecalis biofilm. Acta Odontol. Scand. 71, 1453–1457.
- Panchal, V., Jeevanandan, G., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Comparison of post-operative pain after root canal instrumentation with hand K-files, H-files and rotary Kedo-S files in primary teeth: a randomised clinical trial. Eur. Arch. Paediatr. Dent. 20, 467–472.
- Phillips, S., 2020. Working through the pandemic: Accelerating the transition to remote working. Business Information Review 37, 129–134.
- Prasada, K.D.V., Vaidya, R.W., Mangipudic, M.R., 2020. Effect of occupational stress and remote working on psychological well-being of employees: an empirical analysis during covid-19 pandemic concerning information technology industry in Hyderabad. Indian Journal of Commerce & Management Studies 11, 1–13.
- Prasad, D.K., Rao, M., Vaidya, D.R., Muralidhar, B., 2020. Organizational climate, opportunities, challenges and psychological wellbeing of the remote working employees during COVID-19 pandemic: a general linear model approach with reference to information technology industry in hyderabad. International Journal of Advanced Research in Engineering and Technology (IJARET) 11.
- Prasanna, N., Subbarao, C.V., Gutmann, J.L., 2011. The efficacy of pre-operative oral medication of lornoxicam and diclofenac potassium on the success of inferior alveolar nerve block in patients with irreversible pulpitis: a double-blind, randomised controlled clinical trial. Int. Endod. J. 44, 330–336.
- Priya S, R., Krishnan, C., S, J.R., Das}, J., 2009. Growth and characterization of NLO active lithium sulphate monohydrate single crystals. Crystal research and technology 44, 1272–76`.
- Rajeshkumar, S., Menon, S., Venkat Kumar, S., Tambuwala, M.M., Bakshi, H.A., Mehta, M., Satija, S., Gupta, G., Chellappan, D.K., Thangavelu, L., Dua, K., 2019. Antibacterial and antioxidant potential of biosynthesized copper nanoparticles mediated through Cissus arnotiana plant extract. J. Photochem. Photobiol. B 197, 111531.
- Ramadurai, N., Gurunathan, D., Samuel, A.V., Subramanian, E., Rodrigues, S.J.L., 2019. Effectiveness of 2% Articaine as an anesthetic agent in children: randomized controlled trial. Clin. Oral Investig. 23, 3543–3550.
- Ramakrishnan, M., Dhanalakshmi, R., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Survival rate of different fixed posterior space maintainers used in Paediatric Dentistry - A systematic review. Saudi Dent J 31, 165–172.
- Ramesh, A., Varghese, S.S., Doraiswamy, J.N., Malaiappan, S., 2016. Herbs as an antioxidant arsenal for periodontal diseases. J Intercult Ethnopharmacol 5, 92–96.
- Staples, D.S., Hulland, J.S., Higgins, C.A., 1998. A self-efficacy theory explanation for the management of remote workers in virtual organizations. J. Comput. Mediat. Commun. 3, JCMC342.
- Stone, C., Horan, S., Flaxman, P., 2018. What does the future hold? Investigating the benefits and challenges of agile and remote working. In: CIPD Applied Research Conference. cipd.co.uk.
- Venugopalan, S., Ariga, P., Aggarwal, P., Viswanath, A., 2014. Magnetically retained silicone facial prosthesis. Niger. J. Clin. Pract. 17, 260–264.
- Ware, J., Grantham, C., 2010. Managing a remote workforce: Proven practices from successful leaders. The Work Design Collaborative, LIC.
- Article View: 314
- PDF Download: 202