Money market executive’s perception towards peer-to-peer (p2p) lending
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2020, Volume 26, Issue 2, Pages 585-590
AbstractPeer-to-Peer (P2P) refers to social lending and it is an emerging wealth management service that allows individuals to procure loans directly from investors without the intervention of a financial institution. P2P investors obtain better returns on their cash savings through lending in P2P lending platforms mostly through online web pages. The P2P model facilitates matching of individual investors with borrowers by assessing the creditworthiness on a periodical basis. P2P renders services for recovery of loan through this platform. Better interest rates are possible using these P2P online platforms. Borrowers who fail to obtain loans from traditional financial institutions can avail the services of these online platforms. The model also helps budding entrepreneurs to get their startups off the ground and it is a relatively new approach where borrowers can obtain loans from numerous individual investors pursuing multiple objectives when they pick loans to invest. Though P2P lending might seem like an attractive investment this is still a technically young industry.
- A.C.Gomathi, S.R.Xavier Rajarathinam, A.Mohammed Sadiqc, Rajeshkumar. 2020. “Anticancer Activity of Silver Nanoparticles Synthesized Using Aqueous Fruit Shell Extract of Tamarindus Indica on MCF-7 Human Breast Cancer Cell Line.” Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology 55 (February). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jddst.2019.101376.
- Babaei, Golnoosh, and Shahrooz Bamdad. 2020. “A Multi-Objective Instance-Based Decision Support System for Investment Recommendation in Peer-to-Peer Lending.” Expert Systems with Applications 150 (July): 113278.
- Caglayan, Mustafa, Tho Pham, Oleksandr Talavera, and Xiong Xiong. 2020. “Asset Mispricing in Peer-to-Peer Loan Secondary Markets.” Journal of Corporate Finance 65 (December): 101769.
- Chen, Shiyi, Yan Gu, Qingfu Liu, and Yiuman Tse. 2020. “How Do Lenders Evaluate Borrowers in Peer-to-Peer Lending in China?” International Review of Economics & Finance 69 (September): 651–62.
- Chen, Xiangru, Lina Zhou, and Difang Wan. 2016. “Group Social Capital and Lending Outcomes in the Financial Credit Market: An Empirical Study of Online Peer-to-Peer Lending.” Electronic Commerce Research and Applications 15 (January): 1–13.
- Danda, Anil K., Ramkumar S, and Ravindran Chinnaswami. 2009. “Comparison of Gap Arthroplasty with and without a Temporalis Muscle Flap for the Treatment of Ankylosis.” Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery: Official Journal of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons 67 (7): 1425–31.
- Danda, Anil Kumar, and Poornima Ravi. 2011. “Effectiveness of Postoperative Antibiotics in Orthognathic Surgery: A Meta-Analysis.” Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery: Official Journal of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons 69 (10): 2650–56.
- Dorfleitner, Gregor, and Eva-Maria Oswald. 2016. “Repayment Behavior in Peer-to-Peer Microfinancing: Empirical Evidence from Kiva.” Review of Financial Economics 30 (September): 45–59.
- Dua, Kamal, Ridhima Wadhwa, Gautam Singhvi, Vamshikrishna Rapalli, Shakti Dhar Shukla, Madhur D. Shastri, Gaurav Gupta, et al. 2019. “The Potential of siRNA Based Drug Delivery in Respiratory Disorders: Recent Advances and Progress.” Drug Development Research 80 (6): 714–30.
- Ezhilarasan, Devaraj, Velluru S. Apoorva, and Nandhigam Ashok Vardhan. 2019. “Syzygium Cumini Extract Induced Reactive Oxygen Species-Mediated Apoptosis in Human Oral Squamous Carcinoma Cells.” Journal of Oral Pathology & Medicine: Official Publication of the International Association of Oral Pathologists and the American Academy of Oral Pathology 48 (2): 115–21.
- Guo, Jianfeng, Xiaojie Liu, Changnan Cui, and Fu Gu. 2020. “Influence of Nonspecific Factors on the Interest Rate of Online Peer-to-Peer Microloans in China.” Finance Research Letters, November, 101839.
- He, Feng, Shuqi Qin, and Xiaotao Zhang. 2020. “Investor Attention and Platform Interest Rate in Chinese Peer-to-Peer Lending Market.” Finance Research Letters, May, 101559.
- Jiang, Jiajun, Yu-Jane Liu, and Ruichang Lu. 2020. “Social Heterogeneity and Local Bias in Peer-to-Peer Lending – Evidence from China.” Journal of Comparative Economics 48 (2): 302–24.
- Krishnan, Raman, and Krishnan Vengadaragava Chary. 2015. “A Rare Case Modafinil Dependence.” Journal of Pharmacology & Pharmacotherapeutics 6 (1): 49–50.
- Li, Jianwen, and Jinyan Hu. 2019. “Does University Reputation Matter? Evidence from Peer-to-Peer Lending.” Finance Research Letters 31 (December): 66–77.
- Lu, Haitian, Bo Wang, Haizhi Wang, and Tianyu Zhao. 2020. “Does Social Capital Matter for Peer-to-Peer-Lending? Empirical Evidence.” Pacific-Basin Finance Journal 61 (June): 101338.
- Manivannan, I., Ranganathan, S., Gopalakannan, S. et al. 2018. “Mechanical Properties and Tribological Behavior of Al6061–SiC–Gr Self-Lubricating Hybrid Nanocomposites.” Trans Indian Inst Met 71: 1897–1911.
- Narayanan, Vinod, Ashok Ramadorai, Poornima Ravi, and Natarajan Nirvikalpa. 2012. “Transmasseteric Anterior Parotid Approach for Condylar Fractures: Experience of 129 Cases.” The British Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery 50 (5): 420–24.
- Narayanan, V., R. Kannan, and K. Sreekumar. 2009. “Retromandibular Approach for Reduction and Fixation of Mandibular Condylar Fractures: A Clinical Experience.” International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 38 (8): 835–39.
- Neelakantan, P., S. John, S. Anand, N. Sureshbabu, and C. Subbarao. 2011. “Fluoride Release from a New Glass-Ionomer Cement.” Operative Dentistry 36 (1): 80–85.
- Neelakantan, Prasanna, and Subash Sharma. 2015. “Pain after Single-Visit Root Canal Treatment with Two Single-File Systems Based on Different Kinematics--a Prospective Randomized Multicenter Clinical Study.” Clinical Oral Investigations 19 (9): 2211–17.
- Neelakantan, Prasanna, Chandana Subbarao, Subash Sharma, Chandragiri Venkata Subbarao, Franklin Garcia-Godoy, and James L. Gutmann. 2013. “Effectiveness of Curcumin against Enterococcus Faecalis Biofilm.” Acta Odontologica Scandinavica 71 (6): 1453–57.
- Panchal, V., G. Jeevanandan, and E. M. G. Subramanian. 2019. “Comparison of Post-Operative Pain after Root Canal Instrumentation with Hand K-Files, H-Files and Rotary Kedo-S Files in Primary Teeth: A Randomised Clinical Trial.” European Archives of Paediatric Dentistry: Official Journal of the European Academy of Paediatric Dentistry 20 (5): 467–72.
- Prasanna, N., C. V. Subbarao, and J. L. Gutmann. 2011. “The Efficacy of Pre-Operative Oral Medication of Lornoxicam and Diclofenac Potassium on the Success of Inferior Alveolar Nerve Block in Patients with Irreversible Pulpitis: A Double-Blind, Randomised Controlled Clinical Trial.” International Endodontic Journal 44 (4): 330–36.
- Priya S, R., C. Krishnan, Justin Raj S, and Jerome Das}. 2009. “Growth and Characterization of NLO Active Lithium Sulphate Monohydrate Single Crystals.” Crystal Research and Technology 44 (12): 1272–76`.
- Rajeshkumar, S., Soumya Menon, S. Venkat Kumar, Murtaza M. Tambuwala, Hamid A. Bakshi, Meenu Mehta, Saurabh Satija, et al. 2019. “Antibacterial and Antioxidant Potential of Biosynthesized Copper Nanoparticles Mediated through Cissus Arnotiana Plant Extract.” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology. B, Biology 197 (August): 111531.
- Ramadurai, Neeraja, Deepa Gurunathan, A. Victor Samuel, Emg Subramanian, and Steven J. L. Rodrigues. 2019. “Effectiveness of 2% Articaine as an Anesthetic Agent in Children: Randomized Controlled Trial.” Clinical Oral Investigations 23 (9): 3543–50.
- Ramakrishnan, Mahesh, R. Dhanalakshmi, and E. M. G. Subramanian. 2019. “Survival Rate of Different Fixed Posterior Space Maintainers Used in Paediatric Dentistry - A Systematic Review.” The Saudi Dental Journal 31 (2): 165–72.
- Ramesh, Asha, Sheeja Saji Varghese, Jayakumar Nadathur Doraiswamy, and Sankari Malaiappan. 2016. “Herbs as an Antioxidant Arsenal for Periodontal Diseases.” Journal of Intercultural Ethnopharmacology 5 (1): 92–96.
- Venugopalan, S., P. Ariga, P. Aggarwal, and A. Viswanath. 2014. “Magnetically Retained Silicone Facial Prosthesis.” Nigerian Journal of Clinical Practice 17 (2): 260–64.
- Wu, Yu, and Tong Zhang. 2020. “Can Credit Ratings Predict Defaults in Peer-to-Peer Online Lending? Evidence from a Chinese Platform.” Finance Research Letters, August, 101724.
- Ye, Xin, Lu-An Dong, and Da Ma. 2018. “Loan Evaluation in P2P Lending Based on Random Forest Optimized by Genetic Algorithm with Profit Score.” Electronic Commerce Research and Applications 32 (November): 23–36.
- Zhu, Zongyuan. 2018. “Safety Promise, Moral Hazard and Financial Supervision: Evidence from Peer-to-Peer Lending.” Finance Research Letters 27 (December): 1–5.
- Article View: 162
- PDF Download: 89