Perception of investors towards creating shareholders value
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2020, Volume 26, Issue 2, Pages 608-613
AbstractInvesting in the stock market has its own benefits. Investing in the stock market will primarily help to grow money, by earning more profit from the invested amount. Taking high risk, by investing in risky investment avenues like in the stock market, would eventually help to increase or grow money. As taxes and inflation of a country have a major impact on wealth, investing in equities would protect and slow the negative impact on both. By regular payment of dividends to shareholders, regular investment income would be maintained by the investors which would help to meet their financial goals. Stock market has wide choices of financial instruments for investing like bonds, shares, derivatives, etc., which would benefit an investor to reduce the risk level by diversifying. Irrespective of shares owned by the investors, a portion of ownership is acquired and would benefit in voting rights and advice in strategic decisions made by the company. An analytical study is conducted on shareholder value creation with a sample of 87, through which different types of investors have delivered their perception on value creation. Different statistical tools are applied to identify their perception.
- A.C.Gomathi, S.R.Xavier Rajarathinam, A.Mohammed Sadiqc, Rajeshkumar, 2020. Anticancer activity of silver nanoparticles synthesized using aqueous fruit shell extract of Tamarindus indica on MCF-7 human breast cancer cell line. J. Drug Deliv. Sci. Technol. 55.
- Boubaker, S., Cellier, A., Rouatbi, W., 2014. The sources of shareholder wealth gains from going private transactions: The role of controlling shareholders. Journal of Banking & Finance 43, 226–246.
- Danda, A.K., Ravi, P., 2011. Effectiveness of postoperative antibiotics in orthognathic surgery: a meta-analysis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 69, 2650–2656.
- Danda, A.K., S, R., Chinnaswami, R., 2009. Comparison of gap arthroplasty with and without a temporalis muscle flap for the treatment of ankylosis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 67, 1425–1431.
- De Beule, F., Sels, A., 2016. Do innovative emerging market cross-border acquirers create more shareholder value? Evidence from India. International Business Review 25, 604–617.
- Dua, K., Wadhwa, R., Singhvi, G., Rapalli, V., Shukla, S.D., Shastri, M.D., Gupta, G., Satija, S., Mehta, M., Khurana, N., Awasthi, R., Maurya, P.K., Thangavelu, L., S, R., Tambuwala, M.M., Collet, T., Hansbro, P.M., Chellappan, D.K., 2019. The potential of siRNA based drug delivery in respiratory disorders: Recent advances and progress. Drug Dev. Res. 80, 714–730.
- Ezhilarasan, D., Apoorva, V.S., Ashok Vardhan, N., 2019. Syzygium cumini extract induced reactive oxygen species-mediated apoptosis in human oral squamous carcinoma cells. J. Oral Pathol. Med. 48, 115–121.
- Fiordelisi, F., Molyneux, P., 2010. The determinants of shareholder value in European banking. Journal of Banking & Finance.
- Hanvanich, S., Richards, M., Miller, S.R., Cavusgil, S.T., 2005. Technology and the effects of cultural differences and task relatedness: A study of shareholder value creation in domestic and international joint ventures. International Business Review 14, 397–414.
- Hilmola, O.-P., 2020. Role of inventory and assets in shareholder value creation. Expert Systems with Applications: X 5, 100027.
- Hilmola, O.-P., Laisi, M., 2015. Shareholder value creation on deregulated transportation sector: Focus on North American railway freight. Expert Systems with Applications.
- Kajackaite, A., Sliwka, D., 2020. Prosocial managers, employee motivation, and the creation of shareholder value. J. Econ. Behav. Organ. 172, 217–235.
- Kiesel, F., Ries, J.M., Tielmann, A., 2017. The impact of mergers and acquisitions on shareholders’ wealth in the logistics service industry. Int. J. Prod. Econ. 193, 781–797.
- Kılıç, S., Çağlar, E., Güngör, E., Çağlar, İ., 2011. A New Strategic Tool for Managing the Economic Recession: Creating Shareholder Value with Lateral Marketing. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences.
- Krishnan, R., Chary, K.V., 2015. A rare case modafinil dependence. J. Pharmacol. Pharmacother. 6, 49–50.
- Laing, E., Gurdgiev, C., Durand, R.B., Boermans, B., 2019. U.S. tax inversions and shareholder wealth effects. International Review of Financial Analysis 62, 35–52.
- Manivannan, I., Ranganathan, S., Gopalakannan, S. et al., 2018. Mechanical Properties and Tribological Behavior of Al6061–SiC–Gr Self-Lubricating Hybrid Nanocomposites. Trans Indian Inst Met 71, 1897–1911.
- Mitra, S., Singhal, V., 2008. Supply chain integration and shareholder value: Evidence from consortium based industry exchanges. J. Oper. Manage. 26, 96–114.
- Narayanan, V., Kannan, R., Sreekumar, K., 2009. Retromandibular approach for reduction and fixation of mandibular condylar fractures: a clinical experience. Int. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 38, 835–839.
- Narayanan, V., Ramadorai, A., Ravi, P., Nirvikalpa, N., 2012. Transmasseteric anterior parotid approach for condylar fractures: experience of 129 cases. Br. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 50, 420–424.
- Neelakantan, P., John, S., Anand, S., Sureshbabu, N., Subbarao, C., 2011. Fluoride release from a new glass-ionomer cement. Oper. Dent. 36, 80–85.
- Neelakantan, P., Sharma, S., 2015. Pain after single-visit root canal treatment with two single-file systems based on different kinematics--a prospective randomized multicenter clinical study. Clin. Oral Investig. 19, 2211–2217.
- Neelakantan, P., Subbarao, C., Sharma, S., Subbarao, C.V., Garcia-Godoy, F., Gutmann, J.L., 2013. Effectiveness of curcumin against Enterococcus faecalis biofilm. Acta Odontol. Scand. 71, 1453–1457.
- Panchal, V., Jeevanandan, G., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Comparison of post-operative pain after root canal instrumentation with hand K-files, H-files and rotary Kedo-S files in primary teeth: a randomised clinical trial. Eur. Arch. Paediatr. Dent. 20, 467–472.
- Prasanna, N., Subbarao, C.V., Gutmann, J.L., 2011. The efficacy of pre-operative oral medication of lornoxicam and diclofenac potassium on the success of inferior alveolar nerve block in patients with irreversible pulpitis: a double-blind, randomised controlled clinical trial. Int. Endod. J. 44, 330–336.
- Priya S, R., Krishnan, C., S, J.R., Das}, J., 2009. Growth and characterization of NLO active lithium sulphate monohydrate single crystals. Crystal research and technology 44, 1272–76`.
- Radić, N., 2015. Shareholder value creation in Japanese banking. Journal of Banking & Finance 52, 199–207.
- Rajeshkumar, S., Menon, S., Venkat Kumar, S., Tambuwala, M.M., Bakshi, H.A., Mehta, M., Satija, S., Gupta, G., Chellappan, D.K., Thangavelu, L., Dua, K., 2019. Antibacterial and antioxidant potential of biosynthesized copper nanoparticles mediated through Cissus arnotiana plant extract. J. Photochem. Photobiol. B 197, 111531.
- Ramadurai, N., Gurunathan, D., Samuel, A.V., Subramanian, E., Rodrigues, S.J.L., 2019. Effectiveness of 2% Articaine as an anesthetic agent in children: randomized controlled trial. Clin. Oral Investig. 23, 3543–3550.
- Ramakrishnan, M., Dhanalakshmi, R., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Survival rate of different fixed posterior space maintainers used in Paediatric Dentistry - A systematic review. Saudi Dent J 31, 165–172.
- Ramesh, A., Varghese, S.S., Doraiswamy, J.N., Malaiappan, S., 2016. Herbs as an antioxidant arsenal for periodontal diseases. J Intercult Ethnopharmacol 5, 92–96.
- Teti, E., Tului, S., 2020. Do mergers and acquisitions create shareholder value in the infrastructure and utility sectors? Analysis of market perceptions. Utilities Policy 64, 101053.
- Venugopalan, S., Ariga, P., Aggarwal, P., Viswanath, A., 2014. Magnetically retained silicone facial prosthesis. Niger. J. Clin. Pract. 17, 260–264.
- Article View: 30
- PDF Download: 30