Impact of social media advertisement on consumer purchasing behaviour
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2020, Volume 26, Issue 2, Pages 634-638
AbstractThe latest trend in marketing is advertising and purchasing through social media. Currently the majority use social media and are greatly attracted towards the new brands which are advertised in social media. Consumers are highly influenced by online advertisements that come in various social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, etc. social media easily take the attention and impel the consumers to go beyond the window shopping which is purchasing. Social media has become an effective marketing tool to create brand awareness. The consumer’s choices have narrowed down and in need of an influence to convince the consumer choices. Attractive and informative or well drafted content can glue the consumers towards specific brands or services. Surveys have been taken to find specific impacts on the consumers purchasing behaviour through social media advertisements. The main aim of this paper is to study the impact of social media advertising on consumer purchasing behaviour.
- A.C.Gomathi, S.R.Xavier Rajarathinam, A.Mohammed Sadiqc, Rajeshkumar. (2020). Anticancer activity of silver nanoparticles synthesized using aqueous fruit shell extract of Tamarindus indica on MCF-7 human breast cancer cell line. Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology, 55. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jddst.2019.101376
- Boateng, H., & Okoe, A. F. (2015). Consumers’ attitude towards social media advertising and their behavioural response. Journal of Research in Interactive Marketing. https://www.emerald.com/insight/content/doi/10.1108/JRIM-01-2015-0012/full/html?fullSc=1&mbSc=1
- Chu, S.-C., & Kim, Y. (2011). Determinants of consumer engagement in electronic word-of-mouth (eWOM) in social networking sites. International Journal of Advertising, 30(1), 47–75.
- Danda, A. K., & Ravi, P. (2011). Effectiveness of postoperative antibiotics in orthognathic surgery: a meta-analysis. Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery: Official Journal of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, 69(10), 2650–2656.
- Danda, A. K., S, R., & Chinnaswami, R. (2009). Comparison of gap arthroplasty with and without a temporalis muscle flap for the treatment of ankylosis. Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery: Official Journal of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, 67(7), 1425–1431.
- Dua, K., Wadhwa, R., Singhvi, G., Rapalli, V., Shukla, S. D., Shastri, M. D., Gupta, G., Satija, S., Mehta, M., Khurana, N., Awasthi, R., Maurya, P. K., Thangavelu, L., S, R., Tambuwala, M. M., Collet, T., Hansbro, P. M., & Chellappan, D. K. (2019). The potential of siRNA based drug delivery in respiratory disorders: Recent advances and progress. Drug Development Research, 80(6), 714–730.
- Dwivedi, Y. K., Kapoor, K. K., & Chen, H. (2015). Social media marketing and advertising. The Marketing Review, 15(3), 289–309.
- Ezhilarasan, D., Apoorva, V. S., & Ashok Vardhan, N. (2019). Syzygium cumini extract induced reactive oxygen species-mediated apoptosis in human oral squamous carcinoma cells. Journal of Oral Pathology & Medicine: Official Publication of the International Association of Oral Pathologists and the American Academy of Oral Pathology, 48(2), 115–121.
- Hadija, Z., Barnes, S. B., & Hair, N. (2012). Why we ignore social networking advertising. Qualitative Market Research: An International Journal, 15(1), 19–32.
- Hensel, K. D. (2010). USING SOCIAL MEDIA TO INCREASE ADVERTISING AND IMPROVE MARKETING. Arden, 15, 87–97.
- Ioanăs, E., & Stoica, I. (2014). Social Media and its Impact on Consumers Behavior. International Journal of Economic Practices and Theories, 4(2), 295–303.
- Krishnan, R., & Chary, K. V. (2015). A rare case modafinil dependence. Journal of Pharmacology & Pharmacotherapeutics, 6(1), 49–50.
- Liu, Y., Li, H., & Hu, F. (2013). Website attributes in urging online impulse purchase: An empirical investigation on consumer perceptions. Decision Support Systems, 55(3), 829–837.
- Manivannan, I., Ranganathan, S., Gopalakannan, S. et al. (2018). Mechanical Properties and Tribological Behavior of Al6061–SiC–Gr Self-Lubricating Hybrid Nanocomposites. Trans Indian Inst Met, 71, 1897–1911.
- Narayanan, V., Kannan, R., & Sreekumar, K. (2009). Retromandibular approach for reduction and fixation of mandibular condylar fractures: a clinical experience. International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 38(8), 835–839.
- Narayanan, V., Ramadorai, A., Ravi, P., & Nirvikalpa, N. (2012). Transmasseteric anterior parotid approach for condylar fractures: experience of 129 cases. The British Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, 50(5), 420–424.
- Neelakantan, P., John, S., Anand, S., Sureshbabu, N., & Subbarao, C. (2011). Fluoride release from a new glass-ionomer cement. Operative Dentistry, 36(1), 80–85.
- Neelakantan, P., & Sharma, S. (2015). Pain after single-visit root canal treatment with two single-file systems based on different kinematics--a prospective randomized multicenter clinical study. Clinical Oral Investigations, 19(9), 2211–2217.
- Neelakantan, P., Subbarao, C., Sharma, S., Subbarao, C. V., Garcia-Godoy, F., & Gutmann, J. L. (2013). Effectiveness of curcumin against Enterococcus faecalis biofilm. Acta Odontologica Scandinavica, 71(6), 1453–1457.
- Panchal, V., Jeevanandan, G., & Subramanian, E. M. G. (2019). Comparison of post-operative pain after root canal instrumentation with hand K-files, H-files and rotary Kedo-S files in primary teeth: a randomised clinical trial. European Archives of Paediatric Dentistry: Official Journal of the European Academy of Paediatric Dentistry, 20(5), 467–472.
- Pentina, I., & Koh, A. C. (2012). Exploring social media marketing strategies in SMEs. International Journal of Internet Marketing and Advertising, 7(4), 292–310.
- Prasanna, N., Subbarao, C. V., & Gutmann, J. L. (2011). The efficacy of pre-operative oral medication of lornoxicam and diclofenac potassium on the success of inferior alveolar nerve block in patients with irreversible pulpitis: a double-blind, randomised controlled clinical trial. International Endodontic Journal, 44(4), 330–336.
- Priya S, R., Krishnan, C., S, J. R., & Das}, J. (2009). Growth and characterization of NLO active lithium sulphate monohydrate single crystals. Crystal Research and Technology, 44(12), 1272–1276`.
- Rajeshkumar, S., Menon, S., Venkat Kumar, S., Tambuwala, M. M., Bakshi, H. A., Mehta, M., Satija, S., Gupta, G., Chellappan, D. K., Thangavelu, L., & Dua, K. (2019). Antibacterial and antioxidant potential of biosynthesized copper nanoparticles mediated through Cissus arnotiana plant extract. Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology. B, Biology, 197, 111531.
- Ramadurai, N., Gurunathan, D., Samuel, A. V., Subramanian, E., & Rodrigues, S. J. L. (2019). Effectiveness of 2% Articaine as an anesthetic agent in children: randomized controlled trial. Clinical Oral Investigations, 23(9), 3543–3550.
- Ramakrishnan, M., Dhanalakshmi, R., & Subramanian, E. M. G. (2019). Survival rate of different fixed posterior space maintainers used in Paediatric Dentistry - A systematic review. The Saudi Dental Journal, 31(2), 165–172.
- Ramesh, A., Varghese, S. S., Doraiswamy, J. N., & Malaiappan, S. (2016). Herbs as an antioxidant arsenal for periodontal diseases. Journal of Intercultural Ethnopharmacology, 5(1), 92–96.
- Ramnarain, Y., & Govender, K. K. (2013). Social media browsing and consumer behaviour: Exploring the youth market. African Journal of Business Management, 7(18), 1885–1893.
- Todi, M. (2008). Advertising on social networking websites. https://repository.upenn.edu/wharton_research_scholars/52/
- Venugopalan, S., Ariga, P., Aggarwal, P., & Viswanath, A. (2014). Magnetically retained silicone facial prosthesis. Nigerian Journal of Clinical Practice, 17(2), 260–264.
- Wang, L., Ampiah, F., Xu, L., & Wang, X. (2014). The influence of pop-up advertising on consumer purchasing behavior. 2014 International Conference on Mechatronics, Electronic, Industrial and Control Engineering (MEIC-14), 217–220.
- Article View: 402
- PDF Download: 262