Work from home experiences during COVID -19 pandemic among IT employees
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2020, Volume 26, Issue 2, Pages 639-645
AbstractCOVID-19 pandemic has enforced the concept Work from Home (WFH) into an officially mandated, strictly enforced rule. Now, the WFH concept is emerging from all sectors, from IT sectors to teaching sectors. WFH concept is new to the majority of the employees, as the COVID 19 has forced almost all the employees of all the sectors. As the employees are experiencing a new environment, this paper attempts to find out the experience of the employees in working from home during this pandemic. The study found that willingness to work from home is entirely influenced by their dependents at home like parents/partner/children, comfortable space at home, suitable environment at home and good internet connectivity..
- A.C.Gomathi, S.R.Xavier Rajarathinam, A.Mohammed Sadiqc, Rajeshkumar, 2020. Anticancer activity of silver nanoparticles synthesized using aqueous fruit shell extract of Tamarindus indica on MCF-7 human breast cancer cell line. J. Drug Deliv. Sci. Technol. 55.
- Alon, T., Kim, M., Lagakos, D., VanVuren, M., 2020. How Should Policy Responses to the COVID-19 Pandemic Differ in the Developing World? ( No. w27273). National Bureau of Economic Research.
- Amabile, T., Kramer, S., 2013. Working from home: A work in progress. Harvard Business Review. Retrieved from https://hbr. org/2013/07/working-from-home-a-work-in-pr. Assessed on 15th July2020.
- Ammons, S.K., Markham, W.T., 2004. WORKING AT HDOME: EXPERIENCES OF SKILLED WHITE COLLAR WORKERS. Sociol. Spectr. 24, 191–238.
- Beauregard, A., Basile, K., Canonico, E., 2013. Home is where the work is: A new study of homeworking in Acas--and beyond. ACAS Research Paper 10, 1–99.
- Bloom, N., Mahajan, A., McKenzie, D., Roberts, J., 2018. Do management interventions last? evidence from India.
- Bouziri, H., Smith, D.R.M., Descatha, A., Dab, W., Jean, K., 2020. Working from home in the time of COVID-19: how to best preserve occupational health? Occup. Environ. Med.
- Brynjolfsson, E., Collis, A., Diewert, W.E., Eggers, F., Fox, K.J., 2020a. Measuring the Impact of Free Goods on Real Household Consumption. AEA Papers and Proceedings 110, 25–30.
- Brynjolfsson, E., Horton, J.J., Ozimek, A., Rock, D., Sharma, G., TuYe, H.-Y., 2020b. COVID-19 and Remote Work: An Early Look at US Data ( No. w27344). National Bureau of Economic Research.
- Crosbie, T., Moore, J., 2004. Work–life balance and working from home. Soc. Policy 3, 223–233.
- Danda, A.K., Ravi, P., 2011. Effectiveness of postoperative antibiotics in orthognathic surgery: a meta-analysis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 69, 2650–2656.
- Danda, A.K., S, R., Chinnaswami, R., 2009. Comparison of gap arthroplasty with and without a temporalis muscle flap for the treatment of ankylosis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 67, 1425–1431.
- Dua, K., Wadhwa, R., Singhvi, G., Rapalli, V., Shukla, S.D., Shastri, M.D., Gupta, G., Satija, S., Mehta, M., Khurana, N., Awasthi, R., Maurya, P.K., Thangavelu, L., S, R., Tambuwala, M.M., Collet, T., Hansbro, P.M., Chellappan, D.K., 2019. The potential of siRNA based drug delivery in respiratory disorders: Recent advances and progress. Drug Dev. Res. 80, 714–730.
- Evans, O., Steptoe, A., 2002. The contribution of gender-role orientation, work factors and home stressors to psychological well-being and sickness absence in male- and female-dominated occupational groups. Soc. Sci. Med. 54, 481–492.
- Ezhilarasan, D., Apoorva, V.S., Ashok Vardhan, N., 2019. Syzygium cumini extract induced reactive oxygen species-mediated apoptosis in human oral squamous carcinoma cells. J. Oral Pathol. Med. 48, 115–121.
- Gajendran, R.S., Harrison, D.A., 2007. The good, the bad, and the unknown about telecommuting: meta-analysis of psychological mediators and individual consequences. J. Appl. Psychol. 92, 1524–1541.
- Gervais, A., Karame, G.O., Wüst, K., Glykantzis, V., Ritzdorf, H., Capkun, S., 2016. On the Security and Performance of Proof of Work Blockchains. In: Proceedings of the 2016 ACM SIGSAC Conference on Computer and Communications Security, CCS ’16. Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY, USA, pp. 3–16.
- Geurts, S., Rutte, C., Peeters, M., 1999. Antecedents and consequences of work–home interference among medical residents. Soc. Sci. Med. 48, 1135–1148.
- Gould, E., Shierholz, H., 2020. Not everybody can work from home: Black and Hispanic workers are much less likely to be able to telework. Economic Policy Institute 19.
- Hogarth, R.M., 2001. Educating Intuition. University of Chicago Press.
- Krishnan, R., Chary, K.V., 2015. A rare case modafinil dependence. J. Pharmacol. Pharmacother. 6, 49–50.
- Lestiyanawati, R., 2020. The Strategies and Problems Faced by Indonesian Teachers in Conducting e-learning during COVID-19 Outbreak. CLLIENT (Culture, Literature, Linguistics, English Teaching) 2, 71–82.
- Lorincová, S., Hitka, M., Bajzíková, Ľ., Weberová, D., 2019. Are the motivational preferences of employees working in small enterprises in Slovakia changing in time? J. Entrep.. Sustain. Issu. 6, 1618–1635.
- Manivannan, I., Ranganathan, S., Gopalakannan, S. et al., 2018. Mechanical Properties and Tribological Behavior of Al6061–SiC–Gr Self-Lubricating Hybrid Nanocomposites. Trans Indian Inst Met 71, 1897–1911.
- Narayanan, V., Kannan, R., Sreekumar, K., 2009. Retromandibular approach for reduction and fixation of mandibular condylar fractures: a clinical experience. Int. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 38, 835–839.
- Narayanan, V., Ramadorai, A., Ravi, P., Nirvikalpa, N., 2012. Transmasseteric anterior parotid approach for condylar fractures: experience of 129 cases. Br. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 50, 420–424.
- Neelakantan, P., John, S., Anand, S., Sureshbabu, N., Subbarao, C., 2011. Fluoride release from a new glass-ionomer cement. Oper. Dent. 36, 80–85.
- Neelakantan, P., Sharma, S., 2015. Pain after single-visit root canal treatment with two single-file systems based on different kinematics--a prospective randomized multicenter clinical study. Clin. Oral Investig. 19, 2211–2217.
- Neelakantan, P., Subbarao, C., Sharma, S., Subbarao, C.V., Garcia-Godoy, F., Gutmann, J.L., 2013. Effectiveness of curcumin against Enterococcus faecalis biofilm. Acta Odontol. Scand. 71, 1453–1457.
- Nicola, M., Alsafi, Z., Sohrabi, C., Kerwan, A., Al-Jabir, A., Iosifidis, C., Agha, M., Agha, R., 2020. The socio-economic implications of the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19): A review. Int. J. Surg. 78, 185–193.
- Panchal, V., Jeevanandan, G., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Comparison of post-operative pain after root canal instrumentation with hand K-files, H-files and rotary Kedo-S files in primary teeth: a randomised clinical trial. Eur. Arch. Paediatr. Dent. 20, 467–472.
- Pennington, A., Stanford, J., 2020. Working from home: Opportunities and risks. Sydney: Centre for Future Work.
- Prasanna, N., Subbarao, C.V., Gutmann, J.L., 2011. The efficacy of pre-operative oral medication of lornoxicam and diclofenac potassium on the success of inferior alveolar nerve block in patients with irreversible pulpitis: a double-blind, randomised controlled clinical trial. Int. Endod. J. 44, 330–336.
- Priya S, R., Krishnan, C., S, J.R., Das}, J., 2009. Growth and characterization of NLO active lithium sulphate monohydrate single crystals. Crystal research and technology 44, 1272–76`.
- Rajeshkumar, S., Menon, S., Venkat Kumar, S., Tambuwala, M.M., Bakshi, H.A., Mehta, M., Satija, S., Gupta, G., Chellappan, D.K., Thangavelu, L., Dua, K., 2019. Antibacterial and antioxidant potential of biosynthesized copper nanoparticles mediated through Cissus arnotiana plant extract. J. Photochem. Photobiol. B 197, 111531.
- Ramadurai, N., Gurunathan, D., Samuel, A.V., Subramanian, E., Rodrigues, S.J.L., 2019. Effectiveness of 2% Articaine as an anesthetic agent in children: randomized controlled trial. Clin. Oral Investig. 23, 3543–3550.
- Ramakrishnan, M., Dhanalakshmi, R., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Survival rate of different fixed posterior space maintainers used in Paediatric Dentistry - A systematic review. Saudi Dent J 31, 165–172.
- Ramesh, A., Varghese, S.S., Doraiswamy, J.N., Malaiappan, S., 2016. Herbs as an antioxidant arsenal for periodontal diseases. J Intercult Ethnopharmacol 5, 92–96.
- Richardson, H., 2017. This is not a memoir: case study of a memoir-in-progress. New Writing 14, 160–166.
- Venugopalan, S., Ariga, P., Aggarwal, P., Viswanath, A., 2014. Magnetically retained silicone facial prosthesis. Niger. J. Clin. Pract. 17, 260–264.
- Article View: 330
- PDF Download: 283