A study on stressors of academic stress among students pursuing entrepreneurship professional courses
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2020, Volume 26, Issue 2, Pages 703-709
AbstractStress can exist when working at a fast place, doing difficult problems, or listening to someone shout at you. It can be brought about through conflicts, making decisions, or otherwise straining abilities, or it can exist because of numerous social demands on time. We have noted that emotional states tend not to be long lasting, whether they are unpleasant emotions like fear, or pleasant ones, such as joy. Yet on occasion such states may persist for long periods of time, or they may reach excessively high levels. When this happens, the result typically is labeled "stress", and its manifestation in psychological as well as physiological terms. The sample was selected by using a simple random sampling technique. The present study reveals that the higher secondary students are having moderate level of academic stress and irrespective of sub samples of the higher secondary students are having moderate level of academic stress. The male student's academic stress is higher than female students. The urban student's academic stress is higher than rural student. The students whose parent's education as literacy level academic stress is higher than their counterpart.
- A.C.Gomathi, S.R.Xavier Rajarathinam, A.Mohammed Sadiqc, Rajeshkumar, 2020. Anticancer activity of silver nanoparticles synthesized using aqueous fruit shell extract of Tamarindus indica on MCF-7 human breast cancer cell line. J. Drug Deliv. Sci. Technol. 55.
- Aiken, L.S., West, S.G., Reno, R.R., 1991. Multiple Regression: Testing and Interpreting Interactions. SAGE.
- Aldwin, C., Greenberger, E., 1987. Cultural differences in the predictors of depression. Am. J. Community Psychol. 15, 789–813.
- Bataineh, M.Z., 2013. Academic stress among undergraduate students: the case of education faculty at King Saud University. International interdisciplinary journal of education 1, 1–7.
- Busari, A.O., 2012. Identifying difference in perceptions of academic stress and reaction to stressors based on gender among first year university students. International Journal of Humanities and Social Science 2, 138–146.
- Danda, A.K., Ravi, P., 2011. Effectiveness of postoperative antibiotics in orthognathic surgery: a meta-analysis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 69, 2650–2656.
- Danda, A.K., S, R., Chinnaswami, R., 2009. Comparison of gap arthroplasty with and without a temporalis muscle flap for the treatment of ankylosis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 67, 1425–1431.
- Deb, P.S., Nath, P., Sarker, P.K., 2014. The effects of ground granulated blast-furnace slag blending with fly ash and activator content on the workability and strength properties of geopolymer concrete cured at ambient temperature. Mater. Des. 62, 32–39.
- Dua, K., Wadhwa, R., Singhvi, G., Rapalli, V., Shukla, S.D., Shastri, M.D., Gupta, G., Satija, S., Mehta, M., Khurana, N., Awasthi, R., Maurya, P.K., Thangavelu, L., S, R., Tambuwala, M.M., Collet, T., Hansbro, P.M., Chellappan, D.K., 2019. The potential of siRNA based drug delivery in respiratory disorders: Recent advances and progress. Drug Dev. Res. 80, 714–730.
- Elias, M.J., Zins, J.E., Weissberg, R.P., Frey, K.S., Greenberg, M.T., Haynes, N.M., Kessler, R., Schwab-Stone, M.E., Shriver, T.P., 1997. Promoting Social and Emotional Learning: Guidelines for Educators. ASCD.
- Enns, A., Eldridge, G.D., Montgomery, C., Gonzalez, V.M., 2018. Perceived stress, coping strategies, and emotional intelligence: A cross-sectional study of university students in helping disciplines. Nurse Educ. Today 68, 226–231.
- Ezhilarasan, D., Apoorva, V.S., Ashok Vardhan, N., 2019. Syzygium cumini extract induced reactive oxygen species-mediated apoptosis in human oral squamous carcinoma cells. J. Oral Pathol. Med. 48, 115–121.
- Felsten, G., Wilcox, K., 1992. Influences of stress and situation-specific mastery beliefs and satisfaction with social support on well-being and academic performance. Psychol. Rep. 70, 291–303.
- Ghiasvand, A.M., Naderi, M., Tafreshi, M.Z., Ahmadi, F., Hosseini, M., 2017. Relationship between time management skills and anxiety and academic motivation of nursing students in Tehran. Electronic physician 9, 3678.
- Gordon, C.E., Borkan, S.C., 2014. Recapturing time: a practical approach to time management for physicians. Postgrad. Med. J. 90, 267–272.
- Goroshit, M., 2018. Academic procrastination and academic performance: An initial basis for intervention. J. Prev. Interv. Community 46, 131–142.
- Jayasankara Reddy, K., Menon, K.R., Thattil, A., 2018. Academic stress and its sources among university students. Biomedical and Pharmacology Journal 11, 531–537.
- Krishnan, R., Chary, K.V., 2015. A rare case modafinil dependence. J. Pharmacol. Pharmacother. 6, 49–50.
- Manivannan, I., Ranganathan, S., Gopalakannan, S. et al., 2018. Mechanical Properties and Tribological Behavior of Al6061–SiC–Gr Self-Lubricating Hybrid Nanocomposites. Trans Indian Inst Met 71, 1897–1911.
- Mirzaei, T., Oskouie, F., Rafii, F., 2012. Nursing students’ time management, reducing stress and gaining satisfaction: a grounded theory study. Nurs. Health Sci. 14, 46–51.
- Narayanan, V., Kannan, R., Sreekumar, K., 2009. Retromandibular approach for reduction and fixation of mandibular condylar fractures: a clinical experience. Int. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 38, 835–839.
- Narayanan, V., Ramadorai, A., Ravi, P., Nirvikalpa, N., 2012. Transmasseteric anterior parotid approach for condylar fractures: experience of 129 cases. Br. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 50, 420–424.
- Neelakantan, P., John, S., Anand, S., Sureshbabu, N., Subbarao, C., 2011. Fluoride release from a new glass-ionomer cement. Oper. Dent. 36, 80–85.
- Neelakantan, P., Sharma, S., 2015. Pain after single-visit root canal treatment with two single-file systems based on different kinematics--a prospective randomized multicenter clinical study. Clin. Oral Investig. 19, 2211–2217.
- Neelakantan, P., Subbarao, C., Sharma, S., Subbarao, C.V., Garcia-Godoy, F., Gutmann, J.L., 2013. Effectiveness of curcumin against Enterococcus faecalis biofilm. Acta Odontol. Scand. 71, 1453–1457.
- Panchal, V., Jeevanandan, G., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Comparison of post-operative pain after root canal instrumentation with hand K-files, H-files and rotary Kedo-S files in primary teeth: a randomised clinical trial. Eur. Arch. Paediatr. Dent. 20, 467–472.
- Prabu, P.S., 2015. A study on academic stress among higher secondary students. International Journal of Humanities and Social Science Invention 4, 63–68.
- Prasanna, N., Subbarao, C.V., Gutmann, J.L., 2011. The efficacy of pre-operative oral medication of lornoxicam and diclofenac potassium on the success of inferior alveolar nerve block in patients with irreversible pulpitis: a double-blind, randomised controlled clinical trial. Int. Endod. J. 44, 330–336.
- Priya S, R., Krishnan, C., S, J.R., Das}, J., 2009. Growth and characterization of NLO active lithium sulphate monohydrate single crystals. Crystal research and technology 44, 1272–76`.
- Rafidah, K., Azizah, A., Norzaidi, M.D., Chong, S.C., Salwani, M.I., 2009. STRESS AND ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE: EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE FROM UNIVERSITY STUDENTS. Arden 13, 37–51.
- Rahardjo, W., Juneman, J., Setiani, Y., 2013. Computer anxiety, academic stress, and academic procrastination on college students. J. Stat. Educ. 7, 147–152.
- Rajeshkumar, S., Menon, S., Venkat Kumar, S., Tambuwala, M.M., Bakshi, H.A., Mehta, M., Satija, S., Gupta, G., Chellappan, D.K., Thangavelu, L., Dua, K., 2019. Antibacterial and antioxidant potential of biosynthesized copper nanoparticles mediated through Cissus arnotiana plant extract. J. Photochem. Photobiol. B 197, 111531.
- Ramadurai, N., Gurunathan, D., Samuel, A.V., Subramanian, E., Rodrigues, S.J.L., 2019. Effectiveness of 2% Articaine as an anesthetic agent in children: randomized controlled trial. Clin. Oral Investig. 23, 3543–3550.
- Ramakrishnan, M., Dhanalakshmi, R., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Survival rate of different fixed posterior space maintainers used in Paediatric Dentistry - A systematic review. Saudi Dent J 31, 165–172.
- Ramesh, A., Varghese, S.S., Doraiswamy, J.N., Malaiappan, S., 2016. Herbs as an antioxidant arsenal for periodontal diseases. J Intercult Ethnopharmacol 5, 92–96.
- Rathnayake, S., Ekanayaka, J., 2016. Depression, anxiety, and stress among undergraduate nursing students in a public university in Sri Lanka. International Journal of Caring Sciences 9, 1020–1032.
- Said, A.A., 2014. Generation mean analysis in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) under drought stress conditions. Sci. Ann. Univ. Agric. Sci. Vet. Med. 59, 177–184.
- Sharma, P., Kumar, A., Bhardwaj, R., 2016. Plant steroidal hormone epibrassinolide regulate – Heavy metal stress tolerance in Oryza sativa L. by modulating antioxidant defense expression. Environ. Exp. Bot. 122, 1–9.
- Subramani, C., Kadhiravan, S., 2017. Academic stress and mental health among high school students. Indian Journal of Applied Research 7, 404–406.
- Venugopalan, S., Ariga, P., Aggarwal, P., Viswanath, A., 2014. Magnetically retained silicone facial prosthesis. Niger. J. Clin. Pract. 17, 260–264.
- Article View: 52
- PDF Download: 48