A study on factors causing stress among doctors
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2020, Volume 26, Issue 2, Pages 764-768
AbstractWork stress can affect doctors physical and mental health by reducing their efficiency and having a pessimistic effect on their quality of life. Stress among doctors is a synergy between the challenging nature of their work and committed personality .Doctors are having a highly demanding nature of work ,both the lack of control and inadequate rewarding systems in the workplace making doctors stressful. Handling unexpected responsibilities may increase the Stress .Work stress can be induced by various factors such as excessive workload and extended work hours to handle critical cases and serious working environments..work stress will also cause a negative impact on their family life . Many factors can enhance stress , including low career growth, lack of managerial relationship with staff, poor working environment and prolonged working hours. Innovation should be implemented in order to reduce work stress among doctors.
- A.C.Gomathi, S.R.Xavier Rajarathinam, A.Mohammed Sadiqc, Rajeshkumar, 2020. Anticancer activity of silver nanoparticles synthesized using aqueous fruit shell extract of Tamarindus indica on MCF-7 human breast cancer cell line. J. Drug Deliv. Sci. Technol. 55.
- Alosaimi, F.D., Alawad, H.S., Alamri, A.K., Saeed, A.I., Aljuaydi, K.A., Alotaibi, A.S., Alotaibi, K.M., Alfaris, E.A., 2018. Stress and coping among consultant physicians working in Saudi Arabia. Ann. Saudi Med. 38, 214–224.
- Danda, A.K., Ravi, P., 2011. Effectiveness of postoperative antibiotics in orthognathic surgery: a meta-analysis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 69, 2650–2656.
- Danda, A.K., S, R., Chinnaswami, R., 2009. Comparison of gap arthroplasty with and without a temporalis muscle flap for the treatment of ankylosis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 67, 1425–1431.
- Dua, K., Wadhwa, R., Singhvi, G., Rapalli, V., Shukla, S.D., Shastri, M.D., Gupta, G., Satija, S., Mehta, M., Khurana, N., Awasthi, R., Maurya, P.K., Thangavelu, L., S, R., Tambuwala, M.M., Collet, T., Hansbro, P.M., Chellappan, D.K., 2019. The potential of siRNA based drug delivery in respiratory disorders: Recent advances and progress. Drug Dev. Res. 80, 714–730.
- Ezhilarasan, D., Apoorva, V.S., Ashok Vardhan, N., 2019. Syzygium cumini extract induced reactive oxygen species-mediated apoptosis in human oral squamous carcinoma cells. J. Oral Pathol. Med. 48, 115–121.
- Kesarwani, V., Husaain, Z.G., George, J., 2020. Prevalence and Factors Associated with Burnout among Healthcare Professionals in India: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Indian J. Psychol. Med. 42, 108–115.
- Koshova, S., Horachuk, V., Pishchykov, V., 2018. Psychological features of the motivation component in the training of doctors in the system of postgraduate education. Wiad. Lek. 71, 723–727.
- Krishnan, R., Chary, K.V., 2015. A rare case modafinil dependence. J. Pharmacol. Pharmacother. 6, 49–50.
- Lapointe, R., Bhesania, S., Tanner, T., Peruri, A., Mehta, P., 2018. An Innovative Approach to Improve Communication and Reduce Physician Stress and Burnout in a University Affiliated Residency Program. J. Med. Syst. 42, 117.
- Manivannan, I., Ranganathan, S., Gopalakannan, S. et al., 2018. Mechanical Properties and Tribological Behavior of Al6061–SiC–Gr Self-Lubricating Hybrid Nanocomposites. Trans Indian Inst Met 71, 1897–1911.
- Medisauskaite, A., Kamau, C., 2019. Reducing burnout and anxiety among doctors: Randomized controlled trial. Psychiatry Res. 274, 383–390.
- Narayanan, V., Kannan, R., Sreekumar, K., 2009. Retromandibular approach for reduction and fixation of mandibular condylar fractures: a clinical experience. Int. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 38, 835–839.
- Narayanan, V., Ramadorai, A., Ravi, P., Nirvikalpa, N., 2012. Transmasseteric anterior parotid approach for condylar fractures: experience of 129 cases. Br. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 50, 420–424.
- Neelakantan, P., John, S., Anand, S., Sureshbabu, N., Subbarao, C., 2011. Fluoride release from a new glass-ionomer cement. Oper. Dent. 36, 80–85.
- Neelakantan, P., Sharma, S., 2015. Pain after single-visit root canal treatment with two single-file systems based on different kinematics--a prospective randomized multicenter clinical study. Clin. Oral Investig. 19, 2211–2217.
- Neelakantan, P., Subbarao, C., Sharma, S., Subbarao, C.V., Garcia-Godoy, F., Gutmann, J.L., 2013. Effectiveness of curcumin against Enterococcus faecalis biofilm. Acta Odontol. Scand. 71, 1453–1457.
- Panchal, V., Jeevanandan, G., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Comparison of post-operative pain after root canal instrumentation with hand K-files, H-files and rotary Kedo-S files in primary teeth: a randomised clinical trial. Eur. Arch. Paediatr. Dent. 20, 467–472.
- Prasanna, N., Subbarao, C.V., Gutmann, J.L., 2011. The efficacy of pre-operative oral medication of lornoxicam and diclofenac potassium on the success of inferior alveolar nerve block in patients with irreversible pulpitis: a double-blind, randomised controlled clinical trial. Int. Endod. J. 44, 330–336.
- Priya S, R., Krishnan, C., S, J.R., Das}, J., 2009. Growth and characterization of NLO active lithium sulphate monohydrate single crystals. Crystal research and technology 44, 1272–76`.
- Rajeshkumar, S., Menon, S., Venkat Kumar, S., Tambuwala, M.M., Bakshi, H.A., Mehta, M., Satija, S., Gupta, G., Chellappan, D.K., Thangavelu, L., Dua, K., 2019. Antibacterial and antioxidant potential of biosynthesized copper nanoparticles mediated through Cissus arnotiana plant extract. J. Photochem. Photobiol. B 197, 111531.
- Ramadurai, N., Gurunathan, D., Samuel, A.V., Subramanian, E., Rodrigues, S.J.L., 2019. Effectiveness of 2% Articaine as an anesthetic agent in children: randomized controlled trial. Clin. Oral Investig. 23, 3543–3550.
- Ramakrishnan, M., Dhanalakshmi, R., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Survival rate of different fixed posterior space maintainers used in Paediatric Dentistry - A systematic review. Saudi Dent J 31, 165–172.
- Ramesh, A., Varghese, S.S., Doraiswamy, J.N., Malaiappan, S., 2016. Herbs as an antioxidant arsenal for periodontal diseases. J Intercult Ethnopharmacol 5, 92–96.
- Romani, M., Ashkar, K., 2014. Burnout among physicians. Libyan J. Med. 9, 23556.
- Shanafelt, T.D., Raymond, M., Kosty, M., Satele, D., Horn, L., Pippen, J., Chu, Q., Chew, H., Clark, W.B., Hanley, A.E., Sloan, J., Gradishar, W.J., 2014. Satisfaction with work-life balance and the career and retirement plans of US oncologists. J. Clin. Oncol. 32, 1127–1135.
- Simpkin, A.L., Khan, A., West, D.C., Garcia, B.M., Sectish, T.C., Spector, N.D., Landrigan, C.P., 2018. Stress From Uncertainty and Resilience Among Depressed and Burned Out Residents: A Cross-Sectional Study. Acad. Pediatr. 18, 698–704.
- Soler, J.K., Yaman, H., Esteva, M., Dobbs, F., Asenova, R.S., Katic, M., Ozvacic, Z., Desgranges, J.P., Moreau, A., Lionis, C., Others, 2008. European general practice research network burnout study group: burnout in European family doctors: the EGPRN study. Fam. Pract. 25, 245–265.
- Venugopalan, S., Ariga, P., Aggarwal, P., Viswanath, A., 2014. Magnetically retained silicone facial prosthesis. Niger. J. Clin. Pract. 17, 260–264.
- Wu, H., Liu, L., Wang, Y., Gao, F., Zhao, X., Wang, L., 2013. Factors associated with burnout among Chinese hospital doctors: a cross-sectional study. BMC Public Health 13, 786.
- Article View: 17
- PDF Download: 11