An exploration on ethical norms followed by healthcare professionals
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2020, Volume 26, Issue 2, Pages 769-774
AbstractEthics is characterized as the moral standards that regulate the actions of a person or individual. Healthcare professionals are people who provide health care services and treatment based on their knowledge and experience. Medical ethics is the relevant subject of ethics that analyzes scientific medicinal drugs and associated medical research. Medical ethics is primarily based on the set of values that an expert can talk to in case of misunderstanding or conflict. Ethical Norms followed by Healthcare professionals is influenced by various factors such as Behaviour, Knowledge and Working environment. This study focuses on the various ethical factors influencing health care professionals. This study is conducted to find out the ethical norms followed by the healthcare professionals and to find out the determinants of ethical norms followed by Healthcare Professionals. The conclusion of the study shows that among the factors behaviour, knowledge and working environment behaviour factor have a positive linear relationship and innovation towards Ethical norms.
- A.C.Gomathi, S.R.Xavier Rajarathinam, A.Mohammed Sadiqc, Rajeshkumar, 2020. Anticancer activity of silver nanoparticles synthesized using aqueous fruit shell extract of Tamarindus indica on MCF-7 human breast cancer cell line. J. Drug Deliv. Sci. Technol. 55.
- Cassell, E.J., 1991. The Importance of Understanding Suffering for Clinical Ethics: Introduction. J. Clin. Ethics 2, 81–82.
- Chopra, M., Bhardwaj, A., Mithra, P., Singh, A., Siddiqui, A., Dr, R., 2013. Current status of knowledge, attitudes and practices towards health care ethics among doctors and nurses from Northern India-A multicenter study. JKIMSU2013 2, 102–107.
- Danda, A.K., Ravi, P., 2011. Effectiveness of postoperative antibiotics in orthognathic surgery: a meta-analysis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 69, 2650–2656.
- Danda, A.K., S, R., Chinnaswami, R., 2009. Comparison of gap arthroplasty with and without a temporalis muscle flap for the treatment of ankylosis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 67, 1425–1431.
- Dua, K., Wadhwa, R., Singhvi, G., Rapalli, V., Shukla, S.D., Shastri, M.D., Gupta, G., Satija, S., Mehta, M., Khurana, N., Awasthi, R., Maurya, P.K., Thangavelu, L., S, R., Tambuwala, M.M., Collet, T., Hansbro, P.M., Chellappan, D.K., 2019. The potential of siRNA based drug delivery in respiratory disorders: Recent advances and progress. Drug Dev. Res. 80, 714–730.
- DuVal, G., Clarridge, B., Gensler, G., Danis, M., 2004. A national survey of U.S. internists’ experiences with ethical dilemmas and ethics consultation. J. Gen. Intern. Med. 19, 251–258.
- Ezhilarasan, D., Apoorva, V.S., Ashok Vardhan, N., 2019. Syzygium cumini extract induced reactive oxygen species-mediated apoptosis in human oral squamous carcinoma cells. J. Oral Pathol. Med. 48, 115–121.
- Fourie, C., 2015. Moral distress and moral conflict in clinical ethics. Bioethics 29, 91–97.
- Gillon, R., 1994. Medical ethics: four principles plus attention to scope. BMJ 309, 184–188.
- Jurkiewicz, C.L., 2000. The trouble with ethics: results of a national survey of healthcare executives. HEC Forum 12, 101–123.
- Krishnan, R., Chary, K.V., 2015. A rare case modafinil dependence. J. Pharmacol. Pharmacother. 6, 49–50.
- Ks, R., Kulkarni, U., Mitra, P., 2019. Knowledge on Ethical Codes among Undergraduate Medical Students and Faculty Members. Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development 10.
- Macklin, R., 2003. Applying the four principles. J. Med. Ethics.
- Manivannan, I., Ranganathan, S., Gopalakannan, S. et al., 2018. Mechanical Properties and Tribological Behavior of Al6061–SiC–Gr Self-Lubricating Hybrid Nanocomposites. Trans Indian Inst Met 71, 1897–1911.
- Narayanan, V., Kannan, R., Sreekumar, K., 2009. Retromandibular approach for reduction and fixation of mandibular condylar fractures: a clinical experience. Int. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 38, 835–839.
- Narayanan, V., Ramadorai, A., Ravi, P., Nirvikalpa, N., 2012. Transmasseteric anterior parotid approach for condylar fractures: experience of 129 cases. Br. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 50, 420–424.
- Neelakantan, P., John, S., Anand, S., Sureshbabu, N., Subbarao, C., 2011. Fluoride release from a new glass-ionomer cement. Oper. Dent. 36, 80–85.
- Neelakantan, P., Sharma, S., 2015. Pain after single-visit root canal treatment with two single-file systems based on different kinematics--a prospective randomized multicenter clinical study. Clin. Oral Investig. 19, 2211–2217.
- Neelakantan, P., Subbarao, C., Sharma, S., Subbarao, C.V., Garcia-Godoy, F., Gutmann, J.L., 2013. Effectiveness of curcumin against Enterococcus faecalis biofilm. Acta Odontol. Scand. 71, 1453–1457.
- Panchal, V., Jeevanandan, G., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Comparison of post-operative pain after root canal instrumentation with hand K-files, H-files and rotary Kedo-S files in primary teeth: a randomised clinical trial. Eur. Arch. Paediatr. Dent. 20, 467–472.
- Pence, G.E., 2004. Classic Cases in Medical Ethics: Accounts of Cases That Have Shaped Medical Ethics, with Philosophical, Legal, and Historical Bacgrounds. Mcgraw-Hill.
- Prasanna, N., Subbarao, C.V., Gutmann, J.L., 2011. The efficacy of pre-operative oral medication of lornoxicam and diclofenac potassium on the success of inferior alveolar nerve block in patients with irreversible pulpitis: a double-blind, randomised controlled clinical trial. Int. Endod. J. 44, 330–336.
- Priya S, R., Krishnan, C., S, J.R., Das}, J., 2009. Growth and characterization of NLO active lithium sulphate monohydrate single crystals. Crystal research and technology 44, 1272–76`.
- Rajeshkumar, S., Menon, S., Venkat Kumar, S., Tambuwala, M.M., Bakshi, H.A., Mehta, M., Satija, S., Gupta, G., Chellappan, D.K., Thangavelu, L., Dua, K., 2019. Antibacterial and antioxidant potential of biosynthesized copper nanoparticles mediated through Cissus arnotiana plant extract. J. Photochem. Photobiol. B 197, 111531.
- Ramadurai, N., Gurunathan, D., Samuel, A.V., Subramanian, E., Rodrigues, S.J.L., 2019. Effectiveness of 2% Articaine as an anesthetic agent in children: randomized controlled trial. Clin. Oral Investig. 23, 3543–3550.
- Ramakrishnan, M., Dhanalakshmi, R., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Survival rate of different fixed posterior space maintainers used in Paediatric Dentistry - A systematic review. Saudi Dent J 31, 165–172.
- Ramesh, A., Varghese, S.S., Doraiswamy, J.N., Malaiappan, S., 2016. Herbs as an antioxidant arsenal for periodontal diseases. J Intercult Ethnopharmacol 5, 92–96.
- Roberts, L.W., Warner, T.D., Hammond, K.A.G., Geppert, C.M.A., Heinrich, T., 2005. Becoming a good doctor: perceived need for ethics training focused on practical and professional development topics. Acad. Psychiatry 29, 301–309.
- Santos, M. de F.O. dos, Fernandes, M. das G.M., Sousa, E.S.S., Oliveira, H.J. de, Ramalho, G.L., 2013. Ethical Aspects Considered in Doctor-Patient Relations: Experiences of Anesthesiologists. Brazilian Journal of Anesthesiology (English Edition) 63, 398–403.
- Shawahna, R., 2020. Facilitating ethical, legal, and professional deliberations to resolve dilemmas in daily healthcare practice: A case of driver with breakthrough seizures. Epilepsy Behav. 102, 106703.
- Ulrich, C.M., Taylor, C., Soeken, K., O’Donnell, P., Farrar, A., Danis, M., Grady, C., 2010. Everyday ethics: ethical issues and stress in nursing practice. J. Adv. Nurs. 66, 2510–2519.
- Venugopalan, S., Ariga, P., Aggarwal, P., Viswanath, A., 2014. Magnetically retained silicone facial prosthesis. Niger. J. Clin. Pract. 17, 260–264.
- Article View: 50
- PDF Download: 34