Public Awareness Towards Telehealth Services
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2020, Volume 26, Issue 2, Pages 775-781
AbstractThe study is to identify the variables such as digitalization, convenience and privacy categories which includes the factors like telecommunication, smart watch, medical devices, social media, health apps, cost reduction, long travels, waiting time, potential adopters, specialist care, data privacy, security, doctor-patient interaction, confidentiality, patient’s doubt clearance and electronic medical record, all together showing to what level it influences people to approach telehealth. Telehealth innovations influence the people with their services where technology has the potential to increase the quality of healthcare and make it available to more people. Telehealth provides opportunities for health care to become more efficient, better organised and closer to home. The study finds out people's understanding on Telehealth services and measures the relationship among various factors that influence Telehealth practices among people. The conclusion of the study states about various factors that influence people to prefer Telehealth, such as digitalization, convenience factors and privacy factors, where it all has a positive linear relationship towards telehealth approach.
- A.C.Gomathi, S.R.Xavier Rajarathinam, A.Mohammed Sadiqc, Rajeshkumar, 2020. Anticancer activity of silver nanoparticles synthesized using aqueous fruit shell extract of Tamarindus indica on MCF-7 human breast cancer cell line. J. Drug Deliv. Sci. Technol. 55.
- Danda, A.K., Ravi, P., 2011. Effectiveness of postoperative antibiotics in orthognathic surgery: a meta-analysis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 69, 2650–2656.
- Danda, A.K., S, R., Chinnaswami, R., 2009. Comparison of gap arthroplasty with and without a temporalis muscle flap for the treatment of ankylosis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 67, 1425–1431.
- Dart, E.H., Whipple, H.M., Pasqua, J.L., Furlow, C.M., 2016. Chapter 13 - Legal, Regulatory, and Ethical Issues in Telehealth Technology. In: Luiselli, J.K., Fischer, A.J. (Eds.), Computer-Assisted and Web-Based Innovations in Psychology, Special Education, and Health. Academic Press, San Diego, pp. 339–363.
- Dua, K., Wadhwa, R., Singhvi, G., Rapalli, V., Shukla, S.D., Shastri, M.D., Gupta, G., Satija, S., Mehta, M., Khurana, N., Awasthi, R., Maurya, P.K., Thangavelu, L., S, R., Tambuwala, M.M., Collet, T., Hansbro, P.M., Chellappan, D.K., 2019. The potential of siRNA based drug delivery in respiratory disorders: Recent advances and progress. Drug Dev. Res. 80, 714–730.
- Ezhilarasan, D., Apoorva, V.S., Ashok Vardhan, N., 2019. Syzygium cumini extract induced reactive oxygen species-mediated apoptosis in human oral squamous carcinoma cells. J. Oral Pathol. Med. 48, 115–121.
- John, O., 2020. Chapter 7 - Maintaining and sustaining a telehealth-based ecosystem. In: Gogia, S. (Ed.), Fundamentals of Telemedicine and Telehealth. Academic Press, pp. 127–143.
- Krishnan, R., Chary, K.V., 2015. A rare case modafinil dependence. J. Pharmacol. Pharmacother. 6, 49–50.
- Krupinski, E.A., Patterson, T., Norman, C.D., Roth, Y., ElNasser, Z., Abdeen, Z., Noyek, A., Sriharan, A., Ignatieff, A., Black, S., Freedman, M., 2011. Successful models for telehealth. Otolaryngol. Clin. North Am. 44, 1275–88, vii–viii.
- Lamprinakos, G.C., Asanin, S., Broden, T., Prestileo, A., Fursse, J., Papadopoulos, K.A., Kaklamani, D.I., Venieris, I.S., 2015. An integrated remote monitoring platform towards Telehealth and Telecare services interoperability. Inf. Sci. 308, 23–37.
- Manivannan, I., Ranganathan, S., Gopalakannan, S. et al., 2018. Mechanical Properties and Tribological Behavior of Al6061–SiC–Gr Self-Lubricating Hybrid Nanocomposites. Trans Indian Inst Met 71, 1897–1911.
- Narayanan, V., Kannan, R., Sreekumar, K., 2009. Retromandibular approach for reduction and fixation of mandibular condylar fractures: a clinical experience. Int. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 38, 835–839.
- Narayanan, V., Ramadorai, A., Ravi, P., Nirvikalpa, N., 2012. Transmasseteric anterior parotid approach for condylar fractures: experience of 129 cases. Br. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 50, 420–424.
- Neelakantan, P., John, S., Anand, S., Sureshbabu, N., Subbarao, C., 2011. Fluoride release from a new glass-ionomer cement. Oper. Dent. 36, 80–85.
- Neelakantan, P., Sharma, S., 2015. Pain after single-visit root canal treatment with two single-file systems based on different kinematics--a prospective randomized multicenter clinical study. Clin. Oral Investig. 19, 2211–2217.
- Neelakantan, P., Subbarao, C., Sharma, S., Subbarao, C.V., Garcia-Godoy, F., Gutmann, J.L., 2013. Effectiveness of curcumin against Enterococcus faecalis biofilm. Acta Odontol. Scand. 71, 1453–1457.
- Panchal, V., Jeevanandan, G., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Comparison of post-operative pain after root canal instrumentation with hand K-files, H-files and rotary Kedo-S files in primary teeth: a randomised clinical trial. Eur. Arch. Paediatr. Dent. 20, 467–472.
- Prasanna, N., Subbarao, C.V., Gutmann, J.L., 2011. The efficacy of pre-operative oral medication of lornoxicam and diclofenac potassium on the success of inferior alveolar nerve block in patients with irreversible pulpitis: a double-blind, randomised controlled clinical trial. Int. Endod. J. 44, 330–336.
- Prinz, L., Cramer, M., Englund, A., 2008. Telehealth: a policy analysis for quality, impact on patient outcomes, and political feasibility. Nurs. Outlook 56, 152–158.
- Priya S, R., Krishnan, C., S, J.R., Das}, J., 2009. Growth and characterization of NLO active lithium sulphate monohydrate single crystals. Crystal research and technology 44, 1272–76`.
- Rajeshkumar, S., Menon, S., Venkat Kumar, S., Tambuwala, M.M., Bakshi, H.A., Mehta, M., Satija, S., Gupta, G., Chellappan, D.K., Thangavelu, L., Dua, K., 2019. Antibacterial and antioxidant potential of biosynthesized copper nanoparticles mediated through Cissus arnotiana plant extract. J. Photochem. Photobiol. B 197, 111531.
- Ramadurai, N., Gurunathan, D., Samuel, A.V., Subramanian, E., Rodrigues, S.J.L., 2019. Effectiveness of 2% Articaine as an anesthetic agent in children: randomized controlled trial. Clin. Oral Investig. 23, 3543–3550.
- Ramakrishnan, M., Dhanalakshmi, R., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Survival rate of different fixed posterior space maintainers used in Paediatric Dentistry - A systematic review. Saudi Dent J 31, 165–172.
- Ramesh, A., Varghese, S.S., Doraiswamy, J.N., Malaiappan, S., 2016. Herbs as an antioxidant arsenal for periodontal diseases. J Intercult Ethnopharmacol 5, 92–96.
- Singh, A., Roy, A., Goyal, P., 2016. Telemedicine and telehealth: the Indian scenario. J Integr Health Sci 4, 3–8.
- Tsai, J.-M., Cheng, M.-J., Tsai, H.-H., Hung, S.-W., Chen, Y.-L., 2019. Acceptance and resistance of telehealth: The perspective of dual-factor concepts in technology adoption. Int. J. Inf. Manage. 49, 34–44.
- Venugopalan, S., Ariga, P., Aggarwal, P., Viswanath, A., 2014. Magnetically retained silicone facial prosthesis. Niger. J. Clin. Pract. 17, 260–264.
- Vesselkov, A., Hämmäinen, H., Töyli, J., 2018. Technology and value network evolution in telehealth. Technol. Forecast. Soc. Change 134, 207–222.
- Weinstein, R.S., Lopez, A.M., Joseph, B.A., Erps, K.A., Holcomb, M., Barker, G.P., Krupinski, E.A., 2014. Telemedicine, telehealth, and mobile health applications that work: opportunities and barriers. Am. J. Med. 127, 183–187.
- Williams, T., May, C., Mair, F., Mort, M., Gask, L., 2003. Normative models of health technology assessment and the social production of evidence about telehealth care. Health Policy 64, 39–54.
- Article View: 78
- PDF Download: 50