An exploration on occupational hazards towards healthcare workers
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2020, Volume 26, Issue 2, Pages 789-795
AbstractMedical services laborers are the individuals whose work it is to ensure and improve the soundness of the networks. Together these wellbeing laborers, in the entirety of their variety, make up the worldwide wellbeing labor force. Medical care laborers to be all individuals occupied with activities whose essential aim is to upgrade wellbeing. Despite the fact that it's conceivable to forestall or decrease medical services specialist openness to these dangers, medical care laborers keep on encountering wounds and ailment in the work environment. Clinics have numerous exact dangers which can surely affect the wellness of workers. These dangers include natural and compound dangers, ergonomic dangers, hazardous medications, ionizing and non-ionizing radiation, move work, stress, and viciousness. They might be taken out or diminished through heaps of innovations in positive control techniques, for example, design end, replacement, designing controls, authoritative controls, and private protecting hardware, so as of inclination. Medical services staff are presented to a wide scope of wellbeing dangers in the workplace, including biological,chemical , physical, ergonomic and psychological Hazards. This paper considers the main word related openings of medical care laborers.
- A.C.Gomathi, S.R.Xavier Rajarathinam, A.Mohammed Sadiqc, Rajeshkumar, 2020. Anticancer activity of silver nanoparticles synthesized using aqueous fruit shell extract of Tamarindus indica on MCF-7 human breast cancer cell line. J. Drug Deliv. Sci. Technol. 55.
- Bakhsh, K., Ahmad, N., Tabasum, S., Hassan, S., Hassan, I., 2017. Health hazards and adoption of personal protective equipment during cotton harvesting in Pakistan. Sci. Total Environ. 598, 1058–1064.
- Bao, S.S., Kapellusch, J.M., Merryweather, A.S., Thiese, M.S., Garg, A., Hegmann, K.T., Silverstein, B.A., 2016. Relationships between job organisational factors, biomechanical and psychosocial exposures. Ergonomics 59, 179–194.
- Bianchi, F.P., Vimercati, L., Mansi, F., De Nitto, S., Stefanizzi, P., Rizzo, L.A., Fragnelli, G.R., Cannone, E.S.S., De Maria, L., Larocca, A.M.V., Others, 2020. Compliance with immunization and a biological risk assessment of health care workers as part of an occupational health surveillance program: The experience of a university hospital in southern Italy. Am. J. Infect. Control 48, 368–374.
- Danda, A.K., Ravi, P., 2011. Effectiveness of postoperative antibiotics in orthognathic surgery: a meta-analysis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 69, 2650–2656.
- Danda, A.K., S, R., Chinnaswami, R., 2009. Comparison of gap arthroplasty with and without a temporalis muscle flap for the treatment of ankylosis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 67, 1425–1431.
- Dua, K., Wadhwa, R., Singhvi, G., Rapalli, V., Shukla, S.D., Shastri, M.D., Gupta, G., Satija, S., Mehta, M., Khurana, N., Awasthi, R., Maurya, P.K., Thangavelu, L., S, R., Tambuwala, M.M., Collet, T., Hansbro, P.M., Chellappan, D.K., 2019. The potential of siRNA based drug delivery in respiratory disorders: Recent advances and progress. Drug Dev. Res. 80, 714–730.
- Ezhilarasan, D., Apoorva, V.S., Ashok Vardhan, N., 2019. Syzygium cumini extract induced reactive oxygen species-mediated apoptosis in human oral squamous carcinoma cells. J. Oral Pathol. Med. 48, 115–121.
- Frank, E., Ishau, S., Maier, A., Reutman, S., Reichard, J.F., 2019. An occupational exposure limit (OEL) approach to protect home healthcare workers exposed to common nebulized drugs. Regul. Toxicol. Pharmacol. 106, 251–261.
- Gao, J., Dong, X., Liu, T., Zhang, L., Ao, L., 2020. Antioxidant status and cytogenetic damage in hospital workers occupationally exposed to low dose ionizing radiation. Mutat. Res. 850-851, 503152.
- Gerber, M., Jonsdottir, I.H., Lindwall, M., Ahlborg, G., 2014. Physical activity in employees with differing occupational stress and mental health profiles: A latent profile analysis. Psychol. Sport Exerc. 15, 649–658.
- Kassa, G., Selenic, D., Lahuerta, M., Gaolathe, T., Liu, Y., Letang, G., Courtenay-Quirk, C., Mwaniki, N.K., Gaolekwe, S., Bock, N., 2016. Occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens among health care workers in Botswana: Reporting and utilization of postexposure prophylaxis. Am. J. Infect. Control 44, 879–885.
- Kontogianni, S., Moussiopoulos, N., 2017. Investigation of the occupational health and safety conditions in Hellenic solid waste management facilities and assessment of the in-situ hazard level. Saf. Sci. 96, 192–197.
- Krishnan, R., Chary, K.V., 2015. A rare case modafinil dependence. J. Pharmacol. Pharmacother. 6, 49–50.
- Laberge, M., MacEachen, E., Calvet, B., 2014. Why are occupational health and safety training approaches not effective? Understanding young worker learning processes using an ergonomic lens. Saf. Sci. 68, 250–257.
- Lee, J.-J., Kok, S.-H., Cheng, S.-J., Lin, L.-D., Lin, C.-P., 2014. Needlestick and sharps injuries among dental healthcare workers at a university hospital. J. Formos. Med. Assoc. 113, 227–233.
- Le, L.M.M., Reitter, D., He, S., Bonle, F.T., Launois, A., Martinez, D., Prognon, P., Caudron, E., 2017. Safety analysis of occupational exposure of healthcare workers to residual contaminations of cytotoxic drugs using FMECA security approach. Sci. Total Environ. 599-600, 1939–1944.
- Liautaud, A., Adu, P.A., Yassi, A., Zungu, M., Spiegel, J.M., Rawat, A., Bryce, E.A., Engelbrecht, M.C., 2018. Strengthening human immunodeficiency virus and tuberculosis prevention capacity among south African healthcare workers: a mixed methods study of a collaborative occupational health program. Saf. Health Work 9, 172–179.
- Mabwe, P., Kessy, A.T., Semali, I., 2017. Understanding the magnitude of occupational exposure to human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and uptake of HIV post-exposure prophylaxis among healthcare workers in a rural district in Tanzania. J. Hosp. Infect. 96, 276–280.
- Manivannan, I., Ranganathan, S., Gopalakannan, S. et al., 2018. Mechanical Properties and Tribological Behavior of Al6061–SiC–Gr Self-Lubricating Hybrid Nanocomposites. Trans Indian Inst Met 71, 1897–1911.
- Manno, M., Sito, F., Licciardi, L., 2014. Ethics in biomonitoring for occupational health. Toxicol. Lett. 231, 111–121.
- McCaughey, D., Turner, N., Kim, J., DelliFraine, J., McGhan, G.E., 2015. Examining workplace hazard perceptions & employee outcomes in the long-term care industry. Saf. Sci. 78, 190–197.
- Narayanan, V., Kannan, R., Sreekumar, K., 2009. Retromandibular approach for reduction and fixation of mandibular condylar fractures: a clinical experience. Int. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 38, 835–839.
- Narayanan, V., Ramadorai, A., Ravi, P., Nirvikalpa, N., 2012. Transmasseteric anterior parotid approach for condylar fractures: experience of 129 cases. Br. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 50, 420–424.
- Neelakantan, P., John, S., Anand, S., Sureshbabu, N., Subbarao, C., 2011. Fluoride release from a new glass-ionomer cement. Oper. Dent. 36, 80–85.
- Neelakantan, P., Sharma, S., 2015. Pain after single-visit root canal treatment with two single-file systems based on different kinematics--a prospective randomized multicenter clinical study. Clin. Oral Investig. 19, 2211–2217.
- Neelakantan, P., Subbarao, C., Sharma, S., Subbarao, C.V., Garcia-Godoy, F., Gutmann, J.L., 2013. Effectiveness of curcumin against Enterococcus faecalis biofilm. Acta Odontol. Scand. 71, 1453–1457.
- Panchal, V., Jeevanandan, G., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Comparison of post-operative pain after root canal instrumentation with hand K-files, H-files and rotary Kedo-S files in primary teeth: a randomised clinical trial. Eur. Arch. Paediatr. Dent. 20, 467–472.
- Prasanna, N., Subbarao, C.V., Gutmann, J.L., 2011. The efficacy of pre-operative oral medication of lornoxicam and diclofenac potassium on the success of inferior alveolar nerve block in patients with irreversible pulpitis: a double-blind, randomised controlled clinical trial. Int. Endod. J. 44, 330–336.
- Priya S, R., Krishnan, C., S, J.R., Das}, J., 2009. Growth and characterization of NLO active lithium sulphate monohydrate single crystals. Crystal research and technology 44, 1272–76`.
- Quinn, M.M., Henneberger, P.K., National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), National Occupational Research Agenda (NORA) Cleaning and Disinfecting in Healthcare Working Group, Braun, B., Delclos, G.L., Fagan, K., Huang, V., Knaack, J.L.S., Kusek, L., Lee, S.-J., Le Moual, N., Maher, K.A.E., McCrone, S.H., Mitchell, A.H., Pechter, E., Rosenman, K., Sehulster, L., Stephens, A.C., Wilburn, S., Zock, J.-P., 2015. Cleaning and disinfecting environmental surfaces in health care: Toward an integrated framework for infection and occupational illness prevention. Am. J. Infect. Control 43, 424–434.
- Rajeshkumar, S., Menon, S., Venkat Kumar, S., Tambuwala, M.M., Bakshi, H.A., Mehta, M., Satija, S., Gupta, G., Chellappan, D.K., Thangavelu, L., Dua, K., 2019. Antibacterial and antioxidant potential of biosynthesized copper nanoparticles mediated through Cissus arnotiana plant extract. J. Photochem. Photobiol. B 197, 111531.
- Ramadurai, N., Gurunathan, D., Samuel, A.V., Subramanian, E., Rodrigues, S.J.L., 2019. Effectiveness of 2% Articaine as an anesthetic agent in children: randomized controlled trial. Clin. Oral Investig. 23, 3543–3550.
- Ramakrishnan, M., Dhanalakshmi, R., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Survival rate of different fixed posterior space maintainers used in Paediatric Dentistry - A systematic review. Saudi Dent J 31, 165–172.
- Ramesh, A., Varghese, S.S., Doraiswamy, J.N., Malaiappan, S., 2016. Herbs as an antioxidant arsenal for periodontal diseases. J Intercult Ethnopharmacol 5, 92–96.
- Sönmez, S., Apostolopoulos, Y., Lemke, M.K., Hsieh, Y.-C. (jerrie), Karwowski, W., 2017. Complexity of occupational health in the hospitality industry: Dynamic simulation modeling to advance immigrant worker health. Int. J. Hosp. Manage. 67, 95–105.
- Suthakorn, W., Songkham, W., Tantranont, K., Srisuphan, W., Sakarinkhul, P., Dhatsuwan, J., 2020. Scale Development and Validation to Measure Occupational Health Literacy Among Thai Informal Workers. Saf. Health Work 11, 526–532.
- Vaughn, A.E., Willis, E.A., Ward, D.S., Smith, F., Grummon, A., Linnan, L.A., 2020. Workplace-based opportunities to support child care workers’ health and safety. Prev Med Rep 19, 101154.
- Venugopalan, S., Ariga, P., Aggarwal, P., Viswanath, A., 2014. Magnetically retained silicone facial prosthesis. Niger. J. Clin. Pract. 17, 260–264.
- Article View: 58
- PDF Download: 43