A survey on influence of media in healthcare
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2020, Volume 26, Issue 2, Pages 796-803
AbstractMedia is one of the most novel and helpful creations by humankind. In this day and age it's almost unimaginable for somebody to dodge the media absolutely in their everyday life. This is on the grounds that it has a more noteworthy impact among individuals. It has gotten a fundamental part in human existence. Media can be utilized for different exercises, for example, sharing data, realizing what occurs far and wide, becoming acquainted with new innovations, likewise accommodating in investigations, explores, business related exercises and so forth. In the healthcare field also it has its own impact, directly from thinking about the emergency clinics to counselling the specialists. It has been created over recent years and appears to be incredibly open by individuals. Impact of media has its own effects in medical services which is both positive and negative. It is demonstrated that the media somewhat improves the way of life. The impact of media varies from individuals to individuals contingent on their use of media, for example, TV, radio, Whatsapp, Facebook and so on having a review on the media's impact there are more certain components than that of the negative ones. The major goal of the study is to interpret the media’s ascendancy and innovations in the healthcare industry.
- Abbas, A., Ali, M., Shahid Khan, M.U., Khan, S.U., 2016. Personalized healthcare cloud services for disease risk assessment and wellness management using social media. Pervasive Mob. Comput. 28, 81–99.
- A.C.Gomathi, S.R.Xavier Rajarathinam, A.Mohammed Sadiqc, Rajeshkumar, 2020. Anticancer activity of silver nanoparticles synthesized using aqueous fruit shell extract of Tamarindus indica on MCF-7 human breast cancer cell line. J. Drug Deliv. Sci. Technol. 55.
- Benelli, E., 2003. The role of the media in steering public opinion on healthcare issues. Health Policy 63, 179–186.
- Benetoli, A., Chen, T.F., Aslani, P., 2018. How patients’ use of social media impacts their interactions with healthcare professionals. Patient Educ. Couns. 101, 439–444.
- Chira, P., Nugent, L., Miller, K., Park, T., Donahue, S., Soni, A., Nugent, D., Sandborg, C., 2010. Living Profiles: design of a health media platform for teens with special healthcare needs. J. Biomed. Inform. 43, S9–12.
- Danda, A.K., Ravi, P., 2011. Effectiveness of postoperative antibiotics in orthognathic surgery: a meta-analysis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 69, 2650–2656.
- Danda, A.K., S, R., Chinnaswami, R., 2009. Comparison of gap arthroplasty with and without a temporalis muscle flap for the treatment of ankylosis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 67, 1425–1431.
- Dinleyici, E.C., Yuksel, F., Yargic, Z.A., Unalacak, M., Unluoglu, I., 2013. Results of a national study on the awareness of and attitudes toward acute otitis media (AOM) among clinicians and the estimated direct healthcare costs in Turkey (TR-AOM Study). Int. J. Pediatr. Otorhinolaryngol. 77, 756–761.
- Dua, K., Wadhwa, R., Singhvi, G., Rapalli, V., Shukla, S.D., Shastri, M.D., Gupta, G., Satija, S., Mehta, M., Khurana, N., Awasthi, R., Maurya, P.K., Thangavelu, L., S, R., Tambuwala, M.M., Collet, T., Hansbro, P.M., Chellappan, D.K., 2019. The potential of siRNA based drug delivery in respiratory disorders: Recent advances and progress. Drug Dev. Res. 80, 714–730.
- Elkhayat, H., Amin, M.T., Thabet, A.G., 2018. Patterns of use of social media in cardiothoracic surgery; surgeons’ prospective. Journal of the Egyptian Society of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery 26, 231–236.
- Ezhilarasan, D., Apoorva, V.S., Ashok Vardhan, N., 2019. Syzygium cumini extract induced reactive oxygen species-mediated apoptosis in human oral squamous carcinoma cells. J. Oral Pathol. Med. 48, 115–121.
- Fatema, K., Lariscy, J.T., 2020. Mass media exposure and maternal healthcare utilization in South Asia. SSM Popul Health 11, 100614.
- Garmann-Johnsen, N.F., Helmersen, M., Eikebrokk, T.R., 2020. Employee-driven digitalization in healthcare: codesigning services that deliver. Health Policy and Technology 9, 247–254.
- Krishnan, R., Chary, K.V., 2015. A rare case modafinil dependence. J. Pharmacol. Pharmacother. 6, 49–50.
- Lepiller, Q., Bouiller, K., Slekovec, C., Millot, D., Mazué, N., Pourchet, V., Balice, R., Garrien-Maire, F., Simon, E., Wintenberger, V., Guillaume, A., Monaton, M.-F., Van Eis, B., Bertrand, X., Bennabi, D., Moulin, T., Anxionnat, R., Nerich, V., 2020. Perceptions of French healthcare students of vaccines and the impact of conducting an intervention in health promotion. Vaccine 38, 6794–6799.
- Manivannan, I., Ranganathan, S., Gopalakannan, S. et al., 2018. Mechanical Properties and Tribological Behavior of Al6061–SiC–Gr Self-Lubricating Hybrid Nanocomposites. Trans Indian Inst Met 71, 1897–1911.
- Narayanan, V., Kannan, R., Sreekumar, K., 2009. Retromandibular approach for reduction and fixation of mandibular condylar fractures: a clinical experience. Int. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 38, 835–839.
- Narayanan, V., Ramadorai, A., Ravi, P., Nirvikalpa, N., 2012. Transmasseteric anterior parotid approach for condylar fractures: experience of 129 cases. Br. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 50, 420–424.
- Neelakantan, P., John, S., Anand, S., Sureshbabu, N., Subbarao, C., 2011. Fluoride release from a new glass-ionomer cement. Oper. Dent. 36, 80–85.
- Neelakantan, P., Sharma, S., 2015. Pain after single-visit root canal treatment with two single-file systems based on different kinematics--a prospective randomized multicenter clinical study. Clin. Oral Investig. 19, 2211–2217.
- Neelakantan, P., Subbarao, C., Sharma, S., Subbarao, C.V., Garcia-Godoy, F., Gutmann, J.L., 2013. Effectiveness of curcumin against Enterococcus faecalis biofilm. Acta Odontol. Scand. 71, 1453–1457.
- Nisar, S., Shafiq, M., 2019. Framework for efficient utilisation of social media in Pakistan’s healthcare sector. Technol. Soc. 56, 31–43.
- Panchal, V., Jeevanandan, G., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Comparison of post-operative pain after root canal instrumentation with hand K-files, H-files and rotary Kedo-S files in primary teeth: a randomised clinical trial. Eur. Arch. Paediatr. Dent. 20, 467–472.
- Pentescu, A., Cetină, I., Orzan, G., 2015. Social Media’s Impact on Healthcare Services. Procedia Economics and Finance 27, 646–651.
- Pinho-Costa, L., Yakubu, K., Hoedebecke, K., Laranjo, L., Reichel, C.P., Colon-Gonzalez, M.D.C., Neves, A.L., Errami, H., 2016. Healthcare hashtag index development: Identifying global impact in social media. J. Biomed. Inform. 63, 390–399.
- Pokhrel, P., Ing, C., Kawamoto, C.T., Laestadius, L., Buente, W., Herzog, T.A., 2021. Social media’s influence on e-cigarette use onset and escalation among young adults: What beliefs mediate the effects? Addict. Behav. 112, 106617.
- Prasanna, N., Subbarao, C.V., Gutmann, J.L., 2011. The efficacy of pre-operative oral medication of lornoxicam and diclofenac potassium on the success of inferior alveolar nerve block in patients with irreversible pulpitis: a double-blind, randomised controlled clinical trial. Int. Endod. J. 44, 330–336.
- Priya S, R., Krishnan, C., S, J.R., Das}, J., 2009. Growth and characterization of NLO active lithium sulphate monohydrate single crystals. Crystal research and technology 44, 1272–76`.
- Rajeshkumar, S., Menon, S., Venkat Kumar, S., Tambuwala, M.M., Bakshi, H.A., Mehta, M., Satija, S., Gupta, G., Chellappan, D.K., Thangavelu, L., Dua, K., 2019. Antibacterial and antioxidant potential of biosynthesized copper nanoparticles mediated through Cissus arnotiana plant extract. J. Photochem. Photobiol. B 197, 111531.
- Ramadurai, N., Gurunathan, D., Samuel, A.V., Subramanian, E., Rodrigues, S.J.L., 2019. Effectiveness of 2% Articaine as an anesthetic agent in children: randomized controlled trial. Clin. Oral Investig. 23, 3543–3550.
- Ramakrishnan, M., Dhanalakshmi, R., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Survival rate of different fixed posterior space maintainers used in Paediatric Dentistry - A systematic review. Saudi Dent J 31, 165–172.
- Ramesh, A., Varghese, S.S., Doraiswamy, J.N., Malaiappan, S., 2016. Herbs as an antioxidant arsenal for periodontal diseases. J Intercult Ethnopharmacol 5, 92–96.
- Rozgonjuk, D., Sindermann, C., Elhai, J.D., Montag, C., 2020. Fear of Missing Out (FoMO) and social media’s impact on daily-life and productivity at work: Do WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat Use Disorders mediate that association? Addict. Behav. 110, 106487.
- Smaldone, F., Ippolito, A., Ruberto, M., 2020. The shadows know me: Exploring the dark side of social media in the healthcare field. European Management Journal 38, 19–32.
- Spieler, B., Ballard, D.H., Mazaheri, P., Legro, N., Catanzano, T., Dey, C., Prejean, E., Fontentot, J., Martin, M.D., Danrad, R., Kim, H.H.R., Caplin, D., Gettle, L.M., Awan, O., 2020. Social media in radiology: Overview and usefulness of online professional #SoMe profiles. Acad. Radiol.
- Steinsbekk, S., Wichstrøm, L., Stenseng, F., Nesi, J., Hygen, B.W., Skalická, V., 2021. The impact of social media use on appearance self-esteem from childhood to adolescence – A 3-wave community study. Comput. Human Behav. 114, 106528.
- Venugopalan, S., Ariga, P., Aggarwal, P., Viswanath, A., 2014. Magnetically retained silicone facial prosthesis. Niger. J. Clin. Pract. 17, 260–264.
- Wilcox, C.R., Bottrell, K., Paterson, P., Schulz, W.S., Vandrevala, T., Larson, H.J., Jones, C.E., 2018. Influenza and pertussis vaccination in pregnancy: Portrayal in online media articles and perceptions of pregnant women and healthcare professionals. Vaccine 36, 7625–7631.
- Yan, Q., Tang, Y., Yan, D., Wang, J., Yang, L., Yang, X., Tang, S., 2020. Impact of media reports on the early spread of COVID-19 epidemic. J. Theor. Biol. 502, 110385.
- Article View: 74
- PDF Download: 48