An investigation on public knowledge towards biomedical waste management
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2020, Volume 26, Issue 2, Pages 811-815
AbstractBiomedical waste management The effect of hospital waste on health and the environment is important. It can be seen from this research that there is an immediate need to raise alertness, education on medicinal waste issues.To assure health and environmental protection, a proper waste management strategy is required. More information on effects, disposal to specific conclusions is needed to be collected. For developing countries, find options and suitable technology. Need thorough analysis of waste and aspects. Partly because agriculture has become less and less productive. By 2030, 65 percent of the world's population is projected to be living in cities. Due to low and lack of awareness, the infrastructure needed for this lop-sided growth of the cities is due to waste collection in the unplanned extensions in larger cities. The air quality in the city's surroundings is so bad that is estimated that about two million children under the age of five die each year from respiratory infections..It is a mystery how the wealthy are callous to the climate, such as doctors and higher officials working in such public places and part of their day time in these places. In fact, hospitals produce a large amount of hazardous waste. In establishing countries such as India,the amount of non liquid waste produced by hospitals has increased rapidly and innovations are implemented.
- A.C.Gomathi, S.R.Xavier Rajarathinam, A.Mohammed Sadiqc, Rajeshkumar, 2020. Anticancer activity of silver nanoparticles synthesized using aqueous fruit shell extract of Tamarindus indica on MCF-7 human breast cancer cell line. J. Drug Deliv. Sci. Technol. 55.
- Anand, P., Jain, R., Dhyani, A., 2016. Knowledge, attitude and practice of biomedical waste management among health care personnel in a teaching institution in Haryana, India. Med. Sci. Monit. 4246–4250.
- Chudasama, R.K., Rangoonwala, M., Sheth, A., Misra, S.K.C., Kadri, A.M., Patel, U.V., 2013. Biomedical Waste Management: A study of knowledge, attitude and practice among health care personnel at tertiary care hospital in Rajkot. Journal of Research in Medical and Dental Science 1, 17–22.
- Danda, A.K., Ravi, P., 2011. Effectiveness of postoperative antibiotics in orthognathic surgery: a meta-analysis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 69, 2650–2656.
- Danda, A.K., S, R., Chinnaswami, R., 2009. Comparison of gap arthroplasty with and without a temporalis muscle flap for the treatment of ankylosis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 67, 1425–1431.
- Dua, K., Wadhwa, R., Singhvi, G., Rapalli, V., Shukla, S.D., Shastri, M.D., Gupta, G., Satija, S., Mehta, M., Khurana, N., Awasthi, R., Maurya, P.K., Thangavelu, L., S, R., Tambuwala, M.M., Collet, T., Hansbro, P.M., Chellappan, D.K., 2019. The potential of siRNA based drug delivery in respiratory disorders: Recent advances and progress. Drug Dev. Res. 80, 714–730.
- Ezhilarasan, D., Apoorva, V.S., Ashok Vardhan, N., 2019. Syzygium cumini extract induced reactive oxygen species-mediated apoptosis in human oral squamous carcinoma cells. J. Oral Pathol. Med. 48, 115–121.
- Hegde, V., Kulkarni, R.D., Ajantha, G.S., 2007. Biomedical waste management. J. Oral Maxillofac. Pathol. 11, 5.
- Indhulekha, V., Ganapathy, D., Jain, A.R., 2018. Knowledge and awareness on biomedical waste management among students of four dental colleges in Chennai, India. Drug Invention Today.
- Kishore, J., Goel, P., Sagar, B., Joshi, T.K., 2000. Awareness about biomedical waste management and infection control among dentists of a teaching hospital in New Delhi, India. Indian J. Dent. Res. 11, 157–161.
- Krishnan, R., Chary, K.V., 2015. A rare case modafinil dependence. J. Pharmacol. Pharmacother. 6, 49–50.
- Madhavi, K.V.P., Reddy, B.C., Ravikumar, 2013. Awareness regarding biomedical waste management among interns in a tertiary health care hospital, khammam. J. evol. med. dent. sci. 2, 5360–5365.
- Manivannan, I., Ranganathan, S., Gopalakannan, S. et al., 2018. Mechanical Properties and Tribological Behavior of Al6061–SiC–Gr Self-Lubricating Hybrid Nanocomposites. Trans Indian Inst Met 71, 1897–1911.
- Mathur, P., Patan, S., Shobhawat, A.S., 2012. Need of biomedical waste management system in hospitals – an emerging issue – A review. Curr. World Environ. 7, 117–124.
- Mathur, V., Dwivedi, S., Hassan, M., Misra, R., 2011. Knowledge, attitude, and practices about biomedical waste management among healthcare personnel: A cross-sectional study. Indian J. Community Med. 36, 143–145.
- Narayanan, V., Kannan, R., Sreekumar, K., 2009. Retromandibular approach for reduction and fixation of mandibular condylar fractures: a clinical experience. Int. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 38, 835–839.
- Narayanan, V., Ramadorai, A., Ravi, P., Nirvikalpa, N., 2012. Transmasseteric anterior parotid approach for condylar fractures: experience of 129 cases. Br. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 50, 420–424.
- Neelakantan, P., John, S., Anand, S., Sureshbabu, N., Subbarao, C., 2011. Fluoride release from a new glass-ionomer cement. Oper. Dent. 36, 80–85.
- Neelakantan, P., Sharma, S., 2015. Pain after single-visit root canal treatment with two single-file systems based on different kinematics--a prospective randomized multicenter clinical study. Clin. Oral Investig. 19, 2211–2217.
- Neelakantan, P., Subbarao, C., Sharma, S., Subbarao, C.V., Garcia-Godoy, F., Gutmann, J.L., 2013. Effectiveness of curcumin against Enterococcus faecalis biofilm. Acta Odontol. Scand. 71, 1453–1457.
- Panchal, V., Jeevanandan, G., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Comparison of post-operative pain after root canal instrumentation with hand K-files, H-files and rotary Kedo-S files in primary teeth: a randomised clinical trial. Eur. Arch. Paediatr. Dent. 20, 467–472.
- Pandit, N.B., Mehta, H.K., Kartha, G.P., Choudhary, S.K., 2005. Management of bio-medical waste: awareness and practices in a district of Gujarat. Indian J. Public Health 49, 245–247.
- Patil, G.V., Pokhrel, K., 2005. Biomedical solid waste management in an Indian hospital: a case study. Waste Manag. 25, 592–599.
- Prasanna, N., Subbarao, C.V., Gutmann, J.L., 2011. The efficacy of pre-operative oral medication of lornoxicam and diclofenac potassium on the success of inferior alveolar nerve block in patients with irreversible pulpitis: a double-blind, randomised controlled clinical trial. Int. Endod. J. 44, 330–336.
- Priya S, R., Krishnan, C., S, J.R., Das}, J., 2009. Growth and characterization of NLO active lithium sulphate monohydrate single crystals. Crystal research and technology 44, 1272–76`.
- Rajeshkumar, S., Menon, S., Venkat Kumar, S., Tambuwala, M.M., Bakshi, H.A., Mehta, M., Satija, S., Gupta, G., Chellappan, D.K., Thangavelu, L., Dua, K., 2019. Antibacterial and antioxidant potential of biosynthesized copper nanoparticles mediated through Cissus arnotiana plant extract. J. Photochem. Photobiol. B 197, 111531.
- Ramadurai, N., Gurunathan, D., Samuel, A.V., Subramanian, E., Rodrigues, S.J.L., 2019. Effectiveness of 2% Articaine as an anesthetic agent in children: randomized controlled trial. Clin. Oral Investig. 23, 3543–3550.
- Ramakrishnan, M., Dhanalakshmi, R., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Survival rate of different fixed posterior space maintainers used in Paediatric Dentistry - A systematic review. Saudi Dent J 31, 165–172.
- Ramesh, A., Varghese, S.S., Doraiswamy, J.N., Malaiappan, S., 2016. Herbs as an antioxidant arsenal for periodontal diseases. J Intercult Ethnopharmacol 5, 92–96.
- Venugopalan, S., Ariga, P., Aggarwal, P., Viswanath, A., 2014. Magnetically retained silicone facial prosthesis. Niger. J. Clin. Pract. 17, 260–264.
- Article View: 32
- PDF Download: 36