Safety measures followed in hospitals
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2020, Volume 26, Issue 2, Pages 829-834
AbstractThis study is especially executed to coordinate, spread and accelerate improvements in patient safety within the hospitals. Patient safety discipline is the coordination of actions to avoid harm to patients caused by the healthcare tactic itself. Hospitals were founded to permit care to people who need it and to remain patients safe in their moral duty. The best goal of this text is to reduce the prospect of associated infections. Improve the protection of using the medications. Kinds of safety measures found through this study are environmental safety, medical safety, hygiene, bio medical waste management, sanitation infection control. Because of unsafe medical procedures, numerous patients pandemic suffer annually from disorder, accidents and death. This contributed to the greater understanding of the value of the wellbeing of patients. Patient protection in medical assistance has not been studied to the same extent as there has been more research on new therapies in hospital settings. Attaining a culture of safety requires cherishing the values, attitudes, beliefs and standards that are important to health care organizations and what attitudes and behaviors are relevant and expected for patient safety. Innovation in hospitals is essential to improve the safety practices.
- A.C.Gomathi, S.R.Xavier Rajarathinam, A.Mohammed Sadiqc, Rajeshkumar, 2020. Anticancer activity of silver nanoparticles synthesized using aqueous fruit shell extract of Tamarindus indica on MCF-7 human breast cancer cell line. J. Drug Deliv. Sci. Technol. 55.
- Agnew, C., Flin, R., Mearns, K., 2013. Patient safety climate and worker safety behaviours in acute hospitals in Scotland. J. Safety Res. 45, 95–101.
- Allen, S., Chiarella, M., Homer, C.S.E., 2010. Lessons learned from measuring safety culture: an Australian case study. Midwifery 26, 497–503.
- Alshammari, F., Pasay-an, E., Alboliteeh, M., Alshammari, M.H., Susanto, T., Villareal, S., Indonto, M.C.L., Gonzales, F., 2019. A survey of hospital healthcare professionals’ perceptions toward patient safety culture in Saudi Arabia. International Journal of Africa Nursing Sciences 11, 100149.
- Antino, M., Sanchez-Manzanares, M., Ortega, A., 2020. The hospital survey on patient safety culture in Mexican hospitals: Assessment of psychometric properties. Saf. Sci. 128, 104706.
- Campbell, E.G., Singer, S., Kitch, B.T., Iezzoni, L.I., Meyer, G.S., 2010. Patient safety climate in hospitals: act locally on variation across units. Jt. Comm. J. Qual. Patient Saf. 36, 319–326.
- Cheng, H.-C., Yen, A.M.-F., Lee, Y.-H., 2019. Factors affecting patient safety culture among dental healthcare workers: A nationwide cross-sectional survey. J Dent Sci 14, 263–268.
- Coetzee, S.K., Klopper, H.C., Ellis, S.M., Aiken, L.H., 2013. A tale of two systems—Nurses practice environment, well being, perceived quality of care and patient safety in private and public hospitals in South Africa: A questionnaire survey. Int. J. Nurs. Stud. 50, 162–173.
- Danda, A.K., Ravi, P., 2011. Effectiveness of postoperative antibiotics in orthognathic surgery: a meta-analysis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 69, 2650–2656.
- Danda, A.K., S, R., Chinnaswami, R., 2009. Comparison of gap arthroplasty with and without a temporalis muscle flap for the treatment of ankylosis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 67, 1425–1431.
- Dua, K., Wadhwa, R., Singhvi, G., Rapalli, V., Shukla, S.D., Shastri, M.D., Gupta, G., Satija, S., Mehta, M., Khurana, N., Awasthi, R., Maurya, P.K., Thangavelu, L., S, R., Tambuwala, M.M., Collet, T., Hansbro, P.M., Chellappan, D.K., 2019. The potential of siRNA based drug delivery in respiratory disorders: Recent advances and progress. Drug Dev. Res. 80, 714–730.
- Edrees, H.H., Morlock, L., Wu, A.W., 2017. Do Hospitals Support Second Victims? Collective Insights From Patient Safety Leaders in Maryland. Jt. Comm. J. Qual. Patient Saf. 43, 471–483.
- Ezhilarasan, D., Apoorva, V.S., Ashok Vardhan, N., 2019. Syzygium cumini extract induced reactive oxygen species-mediated apoptosis in human oral squamous carcinoma cells. J. Oral Pathol. Med. 48, 115–121.
- Goeschel, C.A., Wachter, R.M., Pronovost, P.J., 2010. Responsibility for quality improvement and patient safety: hospital board and medical staff leadership challenges. Chest 138, 171–178.
- Krishnan, R., Chary, K.V., 2015. A rare case modafinil dependence. J. Pharmacol. Pharmacother. 6, 49–50.
- Leonard, S., O’Donovan, A., 2018. Measuring safety culture: Application of the Hospital Survey on Patient Safety Culture to radiation therapy departments worldwide. Pract. Radiat. Oncol. 8, e17–e26.
- Manivannan, I., Ranganathan, S., Gopalakannan, S. et al., 2018. Mechanical Properties and Tribological Behavior of Al6061–SiC–Gr Self-Lubricating Hybrid Nanocomposites. Trans Indian Inst Met 71, 1897–1911.
- Mannion, R., Davies, H.T.O., Jacobs, R., Kasteridis, P., Millar, R., Freeman, T., 2017. Do Hospital Boards matter for better, safer, patient care? Soc. Sci. Med. 177, 278–287.
- Narayanan, V., Kannan, R., Sreekumar, K., 2009. Retromandibular approach for reduction and fixation of mandibular condylar fractures: a clinical experience. Int. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 38, 835–839.
- Narayanan, V., Ramadorai, A., Ravi, P., Nirvikalpa, N., 2012. Transmasseteric anterior parotid approach for condylar fractures: experience of 129 cases. Br. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 50, 420–424.
- Neelakantan, P., John, S., Anand, S., Sureshbabu, N., Subbarao, C., 2011. Fluoride release from a new glass-ionomer cement. Oper. Dent. 36, 80–85.
- Neelakantan, P., Sharma, S., 2015. Pain after single-visit root canal treatment with two single-file systems based on different kinematics--a prospective randomized multicenter clinical study. Clin. Oral Investig. 19, 2211–2217.
- Neelakantan, P., Subbarao, C., Sharma, S., Subbarao, C.V., Garcia-Godoy, F., Gutmann, J.L., 2013. Effectiveness of curcumin against Enterococcus faecalis biofilm. Acta Odontol. Scand. 71, 1453–1457.
- Önler, E., Akyolcu, N., 2019. Evaluation of operating room staff’s attitudes related to patient safety: A questionnaire study. J. Res. Interprof. Pract. Educ. 17, 100287.
- Ortiz de Elguea, J., Orkaizagirre-Gómara, A., Sánchez De Miguel, M., Urcola-Pardo, F., Germán-Bes, C., Lizaso-Elgarresta, I., 2019. Adapting and validating the Hospital Survey on Patient Safety Culture (HSOPS) for nursing students (HSOPS-NS): A new measure of Patient Safety Climate. Nurse Educ. Today 75, 95–103.
- Paez, K., Roper, R.A., Andrews, R.M., 2013. Health information technology and hospital patient safety: a conceptual model to guide research. Jt. Comm. J. Qual. Patient Saf. 39, 415–425.
- Panchal, V., Jeevanandan, G., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Comparison of post-operative pain after root canal instrumentation with hand K-files, H-files and rotary Kedo-S files in primary teeth: a randomised clinical trial. Eur. Arch. Paediatr. Dent. 20, 467–472.
- Phipps, A.R., Paradis, M., Peterson, K.A., Jensen, J., Nielsen, K., Hall, M., Simonsen, K., Norton, B.M., 2018. Reducing Serious Safety Events and Priority Hospital-Acquired Conditions in a Pediatric Hospital with the Implementation of a Patient Safety Program. Jt. Comm. J. Qual. Patient Saf. 44, 334–340.
- Prasanna, N., Subbarao, C.V., Gutmann, J.L., 2011. The efficacy of pre-operative oral medication of lornoxicam and diclofenac potassium on the success of inferior alveolar nerve block in patients with irreversible pulpitis: a double-blind, randomised controlled clinical trial. Int. Endod. J. 44, 330–336.
- Priya S, R., Krishnan, C., S, J.R., Das}, J., 2009. Growth and characterization of NLO active lithium sulphate monohydrate single crystals. Crystal research and technology 44, 1272–76`.
- Rajeshkumar, S., Menon, S., Venkat Kumar, S., Tambuwala, M.M., Bakshi, H.A., Mehta, M., Satija, S., Gupta, G., Chellappan, D.K., Thangavelu, L., Dua, K., 2019. Antibacterial and antioxidant potential of biosynthesized copper nanoparticles mediated through Cissus arnotiana plant extract. J. Photochem. Photobiol. B 197, 111531.
- Ramadurai, N., Gurunathan, D., Samuel, A.V., Subramanian, E., Rodrigues, S.J.L., 2019. Effectiveness of 2% Articaine as an anesthetic agent in children: randomized controlled trial. Clin. Oral Investig. 23, 3543–3550.
- Ramakrishnan, M., Dhanalakshmi, R., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Survival rate of different fixed posterior space maintainers used in Paediatric Dentistry - A systematic review. Saudi Dent J 31, 165–172.
- Ramesh, A., Varghese, S.S., Doraiswamy, J.N., Malaiappan, S., 2016. Herbs as an antioxidant arsenal for periodontal diseases. J Intercult Ethnopharmacol 5, 92–96.
- Ramos, R.R., Calidgid, C.C., 2018. Patient safety culture among nurses at a tertiary government hospital in the Philippines. Appl. Nurs. Res. 44, 67–75.
- Sokas, R., Braun, B., Chenven, L., Cloonan, P., Fagan, K., Hemphill, R.R., Hogan, E., Storey, E., 2013. Frontline hospital workers and the worker safety/patient safety nexus. Jt. Comm. J. Qual. Patient Saf. 39, 185–192.
- Tanenbaum, J.E., Knapik, D.M., Wera, G.D., Fitzgerald, S.J., 2017. National Incidence of Patient Safety Indicators in the Total Hip Arthroplasty Population. J. Arthroplasty 32, 2669–2675.
- van Melle, M.A., van Stel, H.F., Poldervaart, J.M., de Wit, N.J., Zwart, D.L.M., 2018. Measurement tools and outcome measures used in transitional patient safety; a systematic review. PLoS One 13, e0197312.
- Venugopalan, S., Ariga, P., Aggarwal, P., Viswanath, A., 2014. Magnetically retained silicone facial prosthesis. Niger. J. Clin. Pract. 17, 260–264.
- Article View: 54
- PDF Download: 28