A study on factors influencing consumer perception on general insurance
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2020, Volume 26, Issue 2, Pages 842-848
AbstractThe world is changing everyday with that the risk and uncertainties also increases. The research paper titled ‘A study on consumer perception on general insurance’. The objective of this study is to analyse factors which affects the consumer perception on general insurance. The research design used in this study is descriptive research design and the technique used is Simple random technique. The sample size of this study is 110 respondents and primary data is used. The tools used for this study are Frequency analysis, Mean analysis, Independent T test and ANOVA. In this study we found that there is a significant difference among Age, Education and Occupation with respect to consumer perception towards insurance policy and there is no significant difference among income with respect to consumer perception towards insurance policy. We can conclude that Appropriate and Timely service, Reliability of the company, Quality of service, Customers convenience and Relationship with customer are the factors which affect the consumer perception towards General Insurance.
- A.C.Gomathi, S.R.Xavier Rajarathinam, A.Mohammed Sadiqc, Rajeshkumar, 2020. Anticancer activity of silver nanoparticles synthesized using aqueous fruit shell extract of Tamarindus indica on MCF-7 human breast cancer cell line. J. Drug Deliv. Sci. Technol. 55.
- Adeeth, C.A.G., Mahida, D.P., Lal, P., Chandel, B.S., 2020. Correlates and impact of crop insurance in India: evidence from a nationally representative survey. Agricultural Finance Review ahead-of-print.
- Akhter, W., Pappas, V., Ullah, K.S., 2020. Insurance demand in emerging Asian and OECD countries: a comparative perspective. Int. J. Soc. Econ. 47, 350–364.
- Babu, M.M., Mamun, M.Z., Mamun, M.Z., 2009. Customer perception of Success Factors of Insurance Agents: An Empirical Study in Bangladesh. The Journal of Risk Management and Insurance, Assumption University of Thailand 13, 62–79.
- Barkur, G., Varambally, K.V.M., Rodrigues, L.L.R., 2007. Insurance sector dynamics: towards transformation into learning organization. The Learning Organization.
- Danda, A.K., Ravi, P., 2011. Effectiveness of postoperative antibiotics in orthognathic surgery: a meta-analysis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 69, 2650–2656.
- Danda, A.K., S, R., Chinnaswami, R., 2009. Comparison of gap arthroplasty with and without a temporalis muscle flap for the treatment of ankylosis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 67, 1425–1431.
- Das, S.C., 2013. Corporate social reporting and human resource disclosures: experiences from insurance companies in India. Soc. Responsib. Journal. Law Med. 9, 19–32.
- Dean, D.H., 2010. Rental experience and likelihood to purchase rental car insurance among young adults. Young Consumers 11, 215–225.
- Dua, K., Wadhwa, R., Singhvi, G., Rapalli, V., Shukla, S.D., Shastri, M.D., Gupta, G., Satija, S., Mehta, M., Khurana, N., Awasthi, R., Maurya, P.K., Thangavelu, L., S, R., Tambuwala, M.M., Collet, T., Hansbro, P.M., Chellappan, D.K., 2019. The potential of siRNA based drug delivery in respiratory disorders: Recent advances and progress. Drug Dev. Res. 80, 714–730.
- Eling, M., Kraft, M., 2020. The impact of telematics on the insurability of risks. J. Risk Finance.
- Ezhilarasan, D., Apoorva, V.S., Ashok Vardhan, N., 2019. Syzygium cumini extract induced reactive oxygen species-mediated apoptosis in human oral squamous carcinoma cells. J. Oral Pathol. Med. 48, 115–121.
- Gupta, H., 2007. The role of insurance in health care management in India. Int. J. Health Care Qual. Assur. 20, 379–391.
- Krishnan, R., Chary, K.V., 2015. A rare case modafinil dependence. J. Pharmacol. Pharmacother. 6, 49–50.
- Manivannan, I., Ranganathan, S., Gopalakannan, S. et al., 2018. Mechanical Properties and Tribological Behavior of Al6061–SiC–Gr Self-Lubricating Hybrid Nanocomposites. Trans Indian Inst Met 71, 1897–1911.
- Narayanan, V., Kannan, R., Sreekumar, K., 2009. Retromandibular approach for reduction and fixation of mandibular condylar fractures: a clinical experience. Int. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 38, 835–839.
- Narayanan, V., Ramadorai, A., Ravi, P., Nirvikalpa, N., 2012. Transmasseteric anterior parotid approach for condylar fractures: experience of 129 cases. Br. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 50, 420–424.
- Nayak, B., Sekhar, B.S., Krishnamoorthy, B., 2019. Application of digital technologies in health insurance for social good of bottom of pyramid customers in India. Int. J. Sociol. Soc. Policy 39, 752–772.
- Neelakantan, P., John, S., Anand, S., Sureshbabu, N., Subbarao, C., 2011. Fluoride release from a new glass-ionomer cement. Oper. Dent. 36, 80–85.
- Neelakantan, P., Sharma, S., 2015. Pain after single-visit root canal treatment with two single-file systems based on different kinematics--a prospective randomized multicenter clinical study. Clin. Oral Investig. 19, 2211–2217.
- Neelakantan, P., Subbarao, C., Sharma, S., Subbarao, C.V., Garcia-Godoy, F., Gutmann, J.L., 2013. Effectiveness of curcumin against Enterococcus faecalis biofilm. Acta Odontol. Scand. 71, 1453–1457.
- Panchal, V., Jeevanandan, G., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Comparison of post-operative pain after root canal instrumentation with hand K-files, H-files and rotary Kedo-S files in primary teeth: a randomised clinical trial. Eur. Arch. Paediatr. Dent. 20, 467–472.
- Prasanna, N., Subbarao, C.V., Gutmann, J.L., 2011. The efficacy of pre-operative oral medication of lornoxicam and diclofenac potassium on the success of inferior alveolar nerve block in patients with irreversible pulpitis: a double-blind, randomised controlled clinical trial. Int. Endod. J. 44, 330–336.
- Priya S, R., Krishnan, C., S, J.R., Das}, J., 2009. Growth and characterization of NLO active lithium sulphate monohydrate single crystals. Crystal research and technology 44, 1272–76`.
- Rajeshkumar, S., Menon, S., Venkat Kumar, S., Tambuwala, M.M., Bakshi, H.A., Mehta, M., Satija, S., Gupta, G., Chellappan, D.K., Thangavelu, L., Dua, K., 2019. Antibacterial and antioxidant potential of biosynthesized copper nanoparticles mediated through Cissus arnotiana plant extract. J. Photochem. Photobiol. B 197, 111531.
- Ramadurai, N., Gurunathan, D., Samuel, A.V., Subramanian, E., Rodrigues, S.J.L., 2019. Effectiveness of 2% Articaine as an anesthetic agent in children: randomized controlled trial. Clin. Oral Investig. 23, 3543–3550.
- Ramakrishnan, M., Dhanalakshmi, R., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Survival rate of different fixed posterior space maintainers used in Paediatric Dentistry - A systematic review. Saudi Dent J 31, 165–172.
- Ramesh, A., Varghese, S.S., Doraiswamy, J.N., Malaiappan, S., 2016. Herbs as an antioxidant arsenal for periodontal diseases. J Intercult Ethnopharmacol 5, 92–96.
- Rao, T.J., Pandey, K.K., 2013. A study on factors influencing claims in general insurance business in India. The Journal of Risk Finance Incorporating Balance Sheet 14, 303–314.
- Tripp, M.H., Bradley, H.L., Devitt, R., Orros, G.C., Overton, G.L., Pryor, L.M., Shaw, R.A., 2004. QUANTIFYING OPERATIONAL RISK IN GENERAL INSURANCE COMPANIES. British Actuarial Journal 10, 919–1026.
- Venugopalan, S., Ariga, P., Aggarwal, P., Viswanath, A., 2014. Magnetically retained silicone facial prosthesis. Niger. J. Clin. Pract. 17, 260–264.
- Vongsuraphichet, O., Johri, L., 2011. Insurer and intermediary perceptions on the response of Thai local non‐life insurance companies to deregulation. Journal of Advances in Management Research 8, 178–194.
- Article View: 154
- PDF Download: 448