A study on stress management in HDFC bank in Chennai
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2020, Volume 26, Issue 2, Pages 927-936
AbstractThe purpose of the study is to know about the stress management in HDFC Bank. The study focuses on knowing the stress level in the banking sector particularly in HDFC bank. In recent times the employees in the banking sector are facing stress, depression, sleeping disturbance, etc. This is due to inability of employees to cope up with the updating technology, trends and strategies in the banking sector. The emerging new technologies and over use of computers leads to stress for the employees. Not only the wellbeing also the physical wellbeing is affected due to stress. This is an empirical study with descriptive research methodology. Surveys were taken through questionnaires. Totally sixty responses were collected from the employees of HDFC bank. The questionnaire contains nine questions that measure the employee involvement and stress overcome strategies. The software used in this study is SPSS software. The analytical tools used to measure the demographic variables are frequency analysis and the mainstream that relates the research that is analysed by mean analysis, t-test and one way anova test. This research finally concludes that banking sector employees are undergoing stress due to that they are not willing to leave the job instead they are trying to overcome stress with different strategies.
- A.C.Gomathi, S.R.Xavier Rajarathinam, A.Mohammed Sadiqc, Rajeshkumar, 2020. Anticancer activity of silver nanoparticles synthesized using aqueous fruit shell extract of Tamarindus indica on MCF-7 human breast cancer cell line. J. Drug Deliv. Sci. Technol. 55.
- Chowdhury, M.R., Patra, S.K., 2015. Stress Management in Public and Private Sector Banks: A Comparative Analysis. Siddhant-A Journal of Decision Making 15, 300–314.
- Danda, A.K., Ravi, P., 2011. Effectiveness of postoperative antibiotics in orthognathic surgery: a meta-analysis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 69, 2650–2656.
- Danda, A.K., S, R., Chinnaswami, R., 2009. Comparison of gap arthroplasty with and without a temporalis muscle flap for the treatment of ankylosis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 67, 1425–1431.
- Deshpande, D.R., 2012. Work Life Balance and Stress Management of the Employees Working in Public and Private Sector Banks of Gujarat State Specifically in Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar Region in India. Asian Journal of Research in Social Sciences.
- Dhankar, S., 2015. Occupational stress in the banking sector. Int. J. Appl. Res. Vet. Med. 1, 132–135.
- Dua, K., Wadhwa, R., Singhvi, G., Rapalli, V., Shukla, S.D., Shastri, M.D., Gupta, G., Satija, S., Mehta, M., Khurana, N., Awasthi, R., Maurya, P.K., Thangavelu, L., S, R., Tambuwala, M.M., Collet, T., Hansbro, P.M., Chellappan, D.K., 2019. The potential of siRNA based drug delivery in respiratory disorders: Recent advances and progress. Drug Dev. Res. 80, 714–730.
- Dwivedy, A.K., n.d. TO ANALYZE THE IMPACT OF STRESS MANAGEMENT ON THE BANK EMPLOYEE OF SIDDHARTH NAGAR (UP). irjmets.com.
- Ezhilarasan, D., Apoorva, V.S., Ashok Vardhan, N., 2019. Syzygium cumini extract induced reactive oxygen species-mediated apoptosis in human oral squamous carcinoma cells. J. Oral Pathol. Med. 48, 115–121.
- Goswami, T.G., 2015. Job stress and its effect on employee performance in banking sector. Indian journal of commerce and management studies 6, 51.
- Kaur, R.P., Sharma, P.G., 2016. Stress management in the banking sector. Imperial Journal of Interdisciplinary Research 2, 113–117.
- Krishnan, R., Chary, K.V., 2015. A rare case modafinil dependence. J. Pharmacol. Pharmacother. 6, 49–50.
- Kumar, V., Others, 2018. Impact of Emotional Intelligence and Gender on Job Satisfaction: An Empirical Study amongst the Employees of HDFC Banks in Chandigarh Tricity, India. International Journal of Innovation and Economic Development 4, 24–31.
- Malik, N., 2011. A study on occupational stress experienced by private and public banks employees in Quetta City. African Journal of Business Management 5, 3063–3070.
- Manivannan, I., Ranganathan, S., Gopalakannan, S. et al., 2018. Mechanical Properties and Tribological Behavior of Al6061–SiC–Gr Self-Lubricating Hybrid Nanocomposites. Trans Indian Inst Met 71, 1897–1911.
- Narayanan, V., Kannan, R., Sreekumar, K., 2009. Retromandibular approach for reduction and fixation of mandibular condylar fractures: a clinical experience. Int. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 38, 835–839.
- Narayanan, V., Ramadorai, A., Ravi, P., Nirvikalpa, N., 2012. Transmasseteric anterior parotid approach for condylar fractures: experience of 129 cases. Br. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 50, 420–424.
- Neelakantan, P., John, S., Anand, S., Sureshbabu, N., Subbarao, C., 2011. Fluoride release from a new glass-ionomer cement. Oper. Dent. 36, 80–85.
- Neelakantan, P., Sharma, S., 2015. Pain after single-visit root canal treatment with two single-file systems based on different kinematics--a prospective randomized multicenter clinical study. Clin. Oral Investig. 19, 2211–2217.
- Neelakantan, P., Subbarao, C., Sharma, S., Subbarao, C.V., Garcia-Godoy, F., Gutmann, J.L., 2013. Effectiveness of curcumin against Enterococcus faecalis biofilm. Acta Odontol. Scand. 71, 1453–1457.
- Panchal, V., Jeevanandan, G., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Comparison of post-operative pain after root canal instrumentation with hand K-files, H-files and rotary Kedo-S files in primary teeth: a randomised clinical trial. Eur. Arch. Paediatr. Dent. 20, 467–472.
- Prasanna, N., Subbarao, C.V., Gutmann, J.L., 2011. The efficacy of pre-operative oral medication of lornoxicam and diclofenac potassium on the success of inferior alveolar nerve block in patients with irreversible pulpitis: a double-blind, randomised controlled clinical trial. Int. Endod. J. 44, 330–336.
- Priya S, R., Krishnan, C., S, J.R., Das}, J., 2009. Growth and characterization of NLO active lithium sulphate monohydrate single crystals. Crystal research and technology 44, 1272–76`.
- Rajeshkumar, S., Menon, S., Venkat Kumar, S., Tambuwala, M.M., Bakshi, H.A., Mehta, M., Satija, S., Gupta, G., Chellappan, D.K., Thangavelu, L., Dua, K., 2019. Antibacterial and antioxidant potential of biosynthesized copper nanoparticles mediated through Cissus arnotiana plant extract. J. Photochem. Photobiol. B 197, 111531.
- Ramadurai, N., Gurunathan, D., Samuel, A.V., Subramanian, E., Rodrigues, S.J.L., 2019. Effectiveness of 2% Articaine as an anesthetic agent in children: randomized controlled trial. Clin. Oral Investig. 23, 3543–3550.
- Ramakrishnan, M., Dhanalakshmi, R., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Survival rate of different fixed posterior space maintainers used in Paediatric Dentistry - A systematic review. Saudi Dent J 31, 165–172.
- Ramesh, A., Varghese, S.S., Doraiswamy, J.N., Malaiappan, S., 2016. Herbs as an antioxidant arsenal for periodontal diseases. J Intercult Ethnopharmacol 5, 92–96.
- Sharmila, A., Poornima, J., 2011. A study on employee stress management in selected private banks in Salem. International Journal of Managment, IT and Engineering 1, 148–161.
- Shukla, H., Garg, R., Others, 2013. A study on stress management among the employees of nationalised banks. Voice of Research 2, 72–75.
- Venugopalan, S., Ariga, P., Aggarwal, P., Viswanath, A., 2014. Magnetically retained silicone facial prosthesis. Niger. J. Clin. Pract. 17, 260–264.
- Article View: 140
- PDF Download: 159