Innovation of swift: how it works – gains & risks
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2020, Volume 26, Issue 2, Pages 1007-1014
AbstractThe research paper titled “Innovation of SWIFT: How It Works – Gains & Risks” explores the various aspects of the interbank transfer worldwide including the gains and opportunities along with the risks involved in such transactions. Descriptive research is applied using Snowball sampling with 117 respondents. The tools used for the study are frequency analysis, mean analysis, factor analysis, independent t-test and ANOVA. It is found that six major factors which influence SWIFT are services, control, comprehensive, features, efficiency, attributes. There is no significant difference between SWIFT awareness of customers with respect to perception of SWIFT and is a significant difference between Gender with respect to the variable Service, Control and Attributes. Moreover there is a significant difference between interbank transfers with respect to Control. Also there is a significant difference between education with respect to efficiency and Income with respect to control, comprehensive and efficiency. Moreover there is a significant difference between occupation with respect to services, control and comprehensive.
- Bech, M., Monnet, C., 2016. A search-based model of the interbank money market and monetary policy implementation. J. Econ. Theory 164, 32–67.
- Blasques, F., Bräuning, F., van Lelyveld, I., 2018. A dynamic network model of the unsecured interbank lending market. J. Econ. Dyn. Control 90, 310–342.
- Chiu, J., Eisenschmidt, J., Monnet, C., 2020. Relationships in the interbank market. Rev. Econ. Dyn. 35, 170–191.
- Cook, S., Soramäki, K., 2015. The global network of payment flows. j. netw. theory finance 1, 21–52.
- Dasgupta, S., Grover, P., 2019. Critically evaluating SWIFT’s strategy as a monopoly in the fintech business. Regular Issue 8, 3839–3844.
- Dörry, S., Robinson, G., Derudder, B., 2018. There is no alternative: SWIFT as infrastructure intermediary in global financial markets.
- Furfine, C.H., 2000. Interbank payments and the daily federal funds rate. J. Monet. Econ. 46, 535–553.
- Kierkegaard, S., 2011. US war on terror EU SWIFT(ly) signs blank cheque on EU data. Computer Law & Security Review 27, 451–464.
- Kirkpatrick, K., Savage, C., Johnston, R., 2019. Virtual currency in sanctioned jurisdictions: stepping outside of SWIFT. Journal of Investment.
- Krause, A., Giansante, S., 2012. Interbank lending and the spread of bank failures: A network model of systemic risk. J. Econ. Behav. Organ. 83, 583–608.
- Lai, R., 2018. Chapter 12 - Understanding Interbank Real-Time Retail Payment Systems. In: Lee Kuo Chuen, D., Deng, R. (Eds.), Handbook of Blockchain, Digital Finance, and Inclusion, Volume 1. Academic Press, pp. 283–310.
- Li, S., He, J., Zhuang, Y., 2010. A network model of the interbank market. Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications 389, 5587–5593.
- Mohammad, H.J., Nishikawa, Y., Dandapani, K., 2019. Cryptocurrency, a successful application of blockchain technology. Managerial Finance 46, 715–733.
- Qiu, T., Zhang, R., Gao, Y., 2019. Ripple vs. SWIFT: Transforming Cross Border Remittance Using Blockchain Technology. Procedia Comput. Sci. 147, 428–434.
- Sahabat, I., Silalahi, T., Indrastuti, R., Herlina, M., 2019. The interbank payment network and financial system stability. Studies in Economics and Finance 37, 1–17.
- Scott, S.V., Van Reenen, J., Zachariadis, M., 2017. The long-term effect of digital innovation on bank performance: An empirical study of SWIFT adoption in financial services. Res. Policy 46, 984–1004.
- Scott, S.V., Zachariadis, M., 2012. Origins and development of SWIFT, 1973–2009. Bus. Hist. 54, 462–482.
- Shafransky, Y.M., Doudkin, A.A., 2006. An optimization algorithm for the clearing of interbank payments. Eur. J. Oper. Res. 171, 743–749.
- Sokolov, A., Webster, R., Melatos, A., Kieu, T., 2012. Loan and non loan flows in the Australian interbank network. Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications 391, 2867–2882.
- Zhu, D., 2002. Security Control in Inter-bank Fund Transfer. Journal of Electronic Commerce Research 3, 15.
- A.C.Gomathi, S.R.Xavier Rajarathinam, A.Mohammed Sadiqc, Rajeshkumar (2020) ‘Anticancer activity of silver nanoparticles synthesized using aqueous fruit shell extract of Tamarindus indica on MCF-7 human breast cancer cell line’, Journal of drug delivery science and technology, 55. doi: 10.1016/j.jddst.2019.101376.
- Danda, A. K. and Ravi, P. (2011) ‘Effectiveness of postoperative antibiotics in orthognathic surgery: a meta-analysis’, Journal of oral and maxillofacial surgery: official journal of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, 69(10), pp. 2650–2656.
- Danda, A. K., S, R. and Chinnaswami, R. (2009) ‘Comparison of gap arthroplasty with and without a temporalis muscle flap for the treatment of ankylosis’, Journal of oral and maxillofacial surgery: official journal of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, 67(7), pp. 1425–1431.
- Dua, K. et al. (2019) ‘The potential of siRNA based drug delivery in respiratory disorders: Recent advances and progress’, Drug development research, 80(6), pp. 714–730.
- Ezhilarasan, D., Apoorva, V. S. and Ashok Vardhan, N. (2019) ‘Syzygium cumini extract induced reactive oxygen species-mediated apoptosis in human oral squamous carcinoma cells’, Journal of oral pathology & medicine: official publication of the International Association of Oral Pathologists and the American Academy of Oral Pathology, 48(2), pp. 115–121.
- Krishnan, R. and Chary, K. V. (2015) ‘A rare case modafinil dependence’, Journal of pharmacology & pharmacotherapeutics, 6(1), pp. 49–50.
- Manivannan, I., Ranganathan, S., Gopalakannan, S. et al. (2018) ‘Mechanical Properties and Tribological Behavior of Al6061–SiC–Gr Self-Lubricating Hybrid Nanocomposites’, Trans Indian Inst Met, 71, pp. 1897–1911.
- Narayanan, V. et al. (2012) ‘Transmasseteric anterior parotid approach for condylar fractures: experience of 129 cases’, The British journal of oral & maxillofacial surgery, 50(5), pp. 420–424.
- Narayanan, V., Kannan, R. and Sreekumar, K. (2009) ‘Retromandibular approach for reduction and fixation of mandibular condylar fractures: a clinical experience’, International journal of oral and maxillofacial surgery, 38(8), pp. 835–839.
- Neelakantan, P. et al. (2011) ‘Fluoride release from a new glass-ionomer cement’, Operative dentistry, 36(1), pp. 80–85.
- Neelakantan, P. et al. (2013) ‘Effectiveness of curcumin against Enterococcus faecalis biofilm’, Acta odontologica Scandinavica, 71(6), pp. 1453–1457.
- Neelakantan, P. and Sharma, S. (2015) ‘Pain after single-visit root canal treatment with two single-file systems based on different kinematics--a prospective randomized multicenter clinical study’, Clinical oral investigations, 19(9), pp. 2211–2217.
- Panchal, V., Jeevanandan, G. and Subramanian, E. M. G. (2019) ‘Comparison of post-operative pain after root canal instrumentation with hand K-files, H-files and rotary Kedo-S files in primary teeth: a randomised clinical trial’, European archives of paediatric dentistry: official journal of the European Academy of Paediatric Dentistry, 20(5), pp. 467–472.
- Prasanna, N., Subbarao, C. V. and Gutmann, J. L. (2011) ‘The efficacy of pre-operative oral medication of lornoxicam and diclofenac potassium on the success of inferior alveolar nerve block in patients with irreversible pulpitis: a double-blind, randomised controlled clinical trial’, International endodontic journal, 44(4), pp. 330–336.
- Priya S, R. et al. (2009) ‘Growth and characterization of NLO active lithium sulphate monohydrate single crystals’, Crystal research and technology, 44(12), pp. 1272–76`.
- Rajeshkumar, S. et al. (2019) ‘Antibacterial and antioxidant potential of biosynthesized copper nanoparticles mediated through Cissus arnotiana plant extract’, Journal of photochemistry and photobiology. B, Biology, 197, p. 111531.
- Ramadurai, N. et al. (2019) ‘Effectiveness of 2% Articaine as an anesthetic agent in children: randomized controlled trial’, Clinical oral investigations, 23(9), pp. 3543–3550.
- Ramakrishnan, M., Dhanalakshmi, R. and Subramanian, E. M. G. (2019) ‘Survival rate of different fixed posterior space maintainers used in Paediatric Dentistry - A systematic review’, The Saudi dental journal, 31(2), pp. 165–172.
- Ramesh, A. et al. (2016) ‘Herbs as an antioxidant arsenal for periodontal diseases’, Journal of intercultural ethnopharmacology, 5(1), pp. 92–96.
- Venugopalan, S. et al. (2014) ‘Magnetically retained silicone facial prosthesis’, Nigerian journal of clinical practice, 17(2), pp. 260–264.
- Article View: 120
- PDF Download: 111