Health care sector: empirical relationship between patient care and ability to pay
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2020, Volume 26, Issue 2, Pages 1031-1038
AbstractHealth care industry is witnessing a potential growth sector for investment. Many potential investors wants to startup the enterprise and became the Entrepreneur in this sector.The research paper titled Empirical relationship between Patient care and ability to pay. The objective is to study the impact of Patient care on the ability to pay. Descriptive research is applied using convenience method of sampling with 102 patient. The majority of respondents were Female and their age group is 18-25 years. The tools used is mean analysis, frequency analysis, T-test, Anova and Regression analysis. It is found that factors influencing the patient care is influencing the ability to pay and there is no significant difference between demographic variable with respect to Patient care and ability to pay.
- A.C.Gomathi, S.R.Xavier Rajarathinam, A.Mohammed Sadiqc, Rajeshkumar, 2020. Anticancer activity of silver nanoparticles synthesized using aqueous fruit shell extract of Tamarindus indica on MCF-7 human breast cancer cell line. J. Drug Deliv. Sci. Technol. 55.
- AlShayban, D.M., Naqvi, A.A., Islam, M.A., Almaskeen, M., Almulla, A., Alali, M., AlQaroos, A., Raafat, M., Iqbal, M.S., Haseeb, A., 2020. Patient Satisfaction and Their Willingness to Pay for a Pharmacist Counseling Session in Hospital and Community Pharmacies in Saudi Healthcare Settings. Front. Pharmacol. 11, 138.
- Danda, A.K., Ravi, P., 2011. Effectiveness of postoperative antibiotics in orthognathic surgery: a meta-analysis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 69, 2650–2656.
- Danda, A.K., S, R., Chinnaswami, R., 2009. Comparison of gap arthroplasty with and without a temporalis muscle flap for the treatment of ankylosis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 67, 1425–1431.
- Danyliv, A., Groot, W., Gryga, I., Pavlova, M., 2014. Willingness and ability to pay for physician services in six Central and Eastern European countries. Health Policy 117, 72–82.
- Dua, K., Wadhwa, R., Singhvi, G., Rapalli, V., Shukla, S.D., Shastri, M.D., Gupta, G., Satija, S., Mehta, M., Khurana, N., Awasthi, R., Maurya, P.K., Thangavelu, L., S, R., Tambuwala, M.M., Collet, T., Hansbro, P.M., Chellappan, D.K., 2019. The potential of siRNA based drug delivery in respiratory disorders: Recent advances and progress. Drug Dev. Res. 80, 714–730.
- Duell, D., Lindeboom, M., Koolman, X., Portrait, F., 2019. Practice variation in long-term care access and use: The role of the ability to pay. Health Econ. 28, 1277–1292.
- Ezhilarasan, D., Apoorva, V.S., Ashok Vardhan, N., 2019. Syzygium cumini extract induced reactive oxygen species-mediated apoptosis in human oral squamous carcinoma cells. J. Oral Pathol. Med. 48, 115–121.
- Falkingham, J., 2004. Poverty, out-of-pocket payments and access to health care: evidence from Tajikistan. Soc. Sci. Med. 58, 247–258.
- Gubler, T., Liu, H., Roman, A., 2020. Making Them Pay? Patient Ability to Pay and Care Disparities in Emergency Medical Services. Patient Ability to Pay and Care.
- Istiqamah, N.F., Darmawansyah, Razak, A., 2019. The pay ability and willingness to pay for treatment at pangkajene hospitals. Indian j. public health res. dev. 10, 845.
- Krishnan, R., Chary, K.V., 2015. A rare case modafinil dependence. J. Pharmacol. Pharmacother. 6, 49–50.
- Lang, H.-C., 2010. Willingness to pay for lung cancer treatment. Value Health 13, 743–749.
- Manivannan, I., Ranganathan, S., Gopalakannan, S. et al., 2018. Mechanical Properties and Tribological Behavior of Al6061–SiC–Gr Self-Lubricating Hybrid Nanocomposites. Trans Indian Inst Met 71, 1897–1911.
- Narayanan, V., Kannan, R., Sreekumar, K., 2009. Retromandibular approach for reduction and fixation of mandibular condylar fractures: a clinical experience. Int. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 38, 835–839.
- Narayanan, V., Ramadorai, A., Ravi, P., Nirvikalpa, N., 2012. Transmasseteric anterior parotid approach for condylar fractures: experience of 129 cases. Br. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 50, 420–424.
- Neelakantan, P., John, S., Anand, S., Sureshbabu, N., Subbarao, C., 2011. Fluoride release from a new glass-ionomer cement. Oper. Dent. 36, 80–85.
- Neelakantan, P., Sharma, S., 2015. Pain after single-visit root canal treatment with two single-file systems based on different kinematics--a prospective randomized multicenter clinical study. Clin. Oral Investig. 19, 2211–2217.
- Neelakantan, P., Subbarao, C., Sharma, S., Subbarao, C.V., Garcia-Godoy, F., Gutmann, J.L., 2013. Effectiveness of curcumin against Enterococcus faecalis biofilm. Acta Odontol. Scand. 71, 1453–1457.
- Olsen, J.A., Smith, R.D., 2001. Theory versuspractice: a review of ?willingness-to-pay? in health and health care. Health Econ. 10, 39–52.
- Panchal, V., Jeevanandan, G., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Comparison of post-operative pain after root canal instrumentation with hand K-files, H-files and rotary Kedo-S files in primary teeth: a randomised clinical trial. Eur. Arch. Paediatr. Dent. 20, 467–472.
- Pavlova *, M., Groot, W., Van Merode, G., 2004. Willingness and ability of Bulgarian consumers to pay for improved public health care services. Appl. Econ. 36, 1117–1130.
- Prasanna, N., Subbarao, C.V., Gutmann, J.L., 2011. The efficacy of pre-operative oral medication of lornoxicam and diclofenac potassium on the success of inferior alveolar nerve block in patients with irreversible pulpitis: a double-blind, randomised controlled clinical trial. Int. Endod. J. 44, 330–336.
- Priya S, R., Krishnan, C., S, J.R., Das}, J., 2009. Growth and characterization of NLO active lithium sulphate monohydrate single crystals. Crystal research and technology 44, 1272–76`.
- Rajeshkumar, S., Menon, S., Venkat Kumar, S., Tambuwala, M.M., Bakshi, H.A., Mehta, M., Satija, S., Gupta, G., Chellappan, D.K., Thangavelu, L., Dua, K., 2019. Antibacterial and antioxidant potential of biosynthesized copper nanoparticles mediated through Cissus arnotiana plant extract. J. Photochem. Photobiol. B 197, 111531.
- Ramadurai, N., Gurunathan, D., Samuel, A.V., Subramanian, E., Rodrigues, S.J.L., 2019. Effectiveness of 2% Articaine as an anesthetic agent in children: randomized controlled trial. Clin. Oral Investig. 23, 3543–3550.
- Ramakrishnan, M., Dhanalakshmi, R., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Survival rate of different fixed posterior space maintainers used in Paediatric Dentistry - A systematic review. Saudi Dent J 31, 165–172.
- Ramesh, A., Varghese, S.S., Doraiswamy, J.N., Malaiappan, S., 2016. Herbs as an antioxidant arsenal for periodontal diseases. J Intercult Ethnopharmacol 5, 92–96.
- Tomlinson, J., 2015. Using clinical supervision to improve the quality and safety of patient care: a response to Berwick and Francis. BMC Med. Educ. 15, 103.
- Venugopalan, S., Ariga, P., Aggarwal, P., Viswanath, A., 2014. Magnetically retained silicone facial prosthesis. Niger. J. Clin. Pract. 17, 260–264.
- Article View: 81
- PDF Download: 61