An Empirical Research on the Job Satisfaction and Job Performance of Rice Mill Workers
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2020, Volume 26, Issue 2, Pages 1039-1047
AbstractThe research paper titled the relationship between Job Satisfaction and Job Performance. This paper studies factor influencing Job Satisfaction toward Job Performance. Descriptive research is applied using convenience method of sampling with 71 respondents. The data is collected from the Rice Mill workers. The majority of respondents were Male and their majority of Age group were36-25 years. The tools used of the study is mean analysis, frequency analysis, t-test, ANOVA and Regression. Through analysis it is found that there is no significant difference between the Job Satisfaction and Job Performance because of the improper working of machineries and lack of technologies in Rice mill Sector.
- A.C.Gomathi, S.R.Xavier Rajarathinam, A.Mohammed Sadiqc, Rajeshkumar, 2020. Anticancer activity of silver nanoparticles synthesized using aqueous fruit shell extract of Tamarindus indica on MCF-7 human breast cancer cell line. J. Drug Deliv. Sci. Technol. 55.
- Badrianto, Y., Ekhsan, M., 2020. Effect of work environment and job satisfaction on employee performance in pt. Nesinak industries. Journal of Business Management and Accounting 2, 322984.
- Danda, A.K., Ravi, P., 2011. Effectiveness of postoperative antibiotics in orthognathic surgery: a meta-analysis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 69, 2650–2656.
- Danda, A.K., S, R., Chinnaswami, R., 2009. Comparison of gap arthroplasty with and without a temporalis muscle flap for the treatment of ankylosis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 67, 1425–1431.
- Dinc, M.S., 2017. Organizational commitment components and job performance: Mediating role of job satisfaction. Pak. j. commer. soc. sci. 11, 773–789.
- Dua, K., Wadhwa, R., Singhvi, G., Rapalli, V., Shukla, S.D., Shastri, M.D., Gupta, G., Satija, S., Mehta, M., Khurana, N., Awasthi, R., Maurya, P.K., Thangavelu, L., S, R., Tambuwala, M.M., Collet, T., Hansbro, P.M., Chellappan, D.K., 2019. The potential of siRNA based drug delivery in respiratory disorders: Recent advances and progress. Drug Dev. Res. 80, 714–730.
- Ezhilarasan, D., Apoorva, V.S., Ashok Vardhan, N., 2019. Syzygium cumini extract induced reactive oxygen species-mediated apoptosis in human oral squamous carcinoma cells. J. Oral Pathol. Med. 48, 115–121.
- Frempong, L.N., Agbenyo, W., Darko, P.A., 2018. The impact of job satisfaction on employees’ loyalty and commitment: a comparative study among some selected sectors in Ghana. European Journal of Business and Management 10, 95–105.
- K., C.V., David, B., 2000. The effect of role stress on budgetary participation and job satisfaction-performance linkages: A test of two different models. In: Advances in Accounting Behavioral Research, Advances in Accounting Behavioural Research. Emerald Group Publishing Limited, pp. 91–118.
- Kim, C.W., McInerney, M.L., Alexander, R.P., 2002. Job Satisfaction as Related to Safe Performance: A Case for a Manufacturing Firm. Management Faculty Research.
- Krishnan, R., Chary, K.V., 2015. A rare case modafinil dependence. J. Pharmacol. Pharmacother. 6, 49–50.
- Manivannan, I., Ranganathan, S., Gopalakannan, S. et al., 2018. Mechanical Properties and Tribological Behavior of Al6061–SiC–Gr Self-Lubricating Hybrid Nanocomposites. Trans Indian Inst Met 71, 1897–1911.
- Narayanan, V., Kannan, R., Sreekumar, K., 2009. Retromandibular approach for reduction and fixation of mandibular condylar fractures: a clinical experience. Int. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 38, 835–839.
- Narayanan, V., Ramadorai, A., Ravi, P., Nirvikalpa, N., 2012. Transmasseteric anterior parotid approach for condylar fractures: experience of 129 cases. Br. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 50, 420–424.
- Neelakantan, P., John, S., Anand, S., Sureshbabu, N., Subbarao, C., 2011. Fluoride release from a new glass-ionomer cement. Oper. Dent. 36, 80–85.
- Neelakantan, P., Sharma, S., 2015. Pain after single-visit root canal treatment with two single-file systems based on different kinematics--a prospective randomized multicenter clinical study. Clin. Oral Investig. 19, 2211–2217.
- Neelakantan, P., Subbarao, C., Sharma, S., Subbarao, C.V., Garcia-Godoy, F., Gutmann, J.L., 2013. Effectiveness of curcumin against Enterococcus faecalis biofilm. Acta Odontol. Scand. 71, 1453–1457.
- Olasupo, M.O., 2011. Relationship between organizational culture, leadership style and job satisfaction in a Nigerian manufacturing organization. IFE PsychologIA: An International Journal 19, 159–176.
- Ozturkoglu, O., Saygılı, E.E., Ozturkoglu, Y., 2016. A manufacturing-oriented model for evaluating the satisfaction of workers – Evidence from Turkey. Int. J. Ind. Ergon. 54, 73–82.
- Panchal, V., Jeevanandan, G., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Comparison of post-operative pain after root canal instrumentation with hand K-files, H-files and rotary Kedo-S files in primary teeth: a randomised clinical trial. Eur. Arch. Paediatr. Dent. 20, 467–472.
- Pang, K., Lu, C.-S., 2018. Organizational motivation, employee job satisfaction and organizational performance. Maritime Business Review.
- Prasanna, N., Subbarao, C.V., Gutmann, J.L., 2011. The efficacy of pre-operative oral medication of lornoxicam and diclofenac potassium on the success of inferior alveolar nerve block in patients with irreversible pulpitis: a double-blind, randomised controlled clinical trial. Int. Endod. J. 44, 330–336.
- Priya S, R., Krishnan, C., S, J.R., Das}, J., 2009. Growth and characterization of NLO active lithium sulphate monohydrate single crystals. Crystal research and technology 44, 1272–76`.
- Rajeshkumar, S., Menon, S., Venkat Kumar, S., Tambuwala, M.M., Bakshi, H.A., Mehta, M., Satija, S., Gupta, G., Chellappan, D.K., Thangavelu, L., Dua, K., 2019. Antibacterial and antioxidant potential of biosynthesized copper nanoparticles mediated through Cissus arnotiana plant extract. J. Photochem. Photobiol. B 197, 111531.
- Ramadurai, N., Gurunathan, D., Samuel, A.V., Subramanian, E., Rodrigues, S.J.L., 2019. Effectiveness of 2% Articaine as an anesthetic agent in children: randomized controlled trial. Clin. Oral Investig. 23, 3543–3550.
- Ramakrishnan, M., Dhanalakshmi, R., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Survival rate of different fixed posterior space maintainers used in Paediatric Dentistry - A systematic review. Saudi Dent J 31, 165–172.
- Ramesh, A., Varghese, S.S., Doraiswamy, J.N., Malaiappan, S., 2016. Herbs as an antioxidant arsenal for periodontal diseases. J Intercult Ethnopharmacol 5, 92–96.
- Sarmiento, R., Beale, J., Knowles, G., 2007. Determinants of performance amongst shop‐floor employees: A preliminary investigation. Management Research News 30, 915–927.
- Shahu, R., Gole, S.V., 2008. Effect of job stress and job satisfaction on performance: An empirical study. AIMS International Journal of Management 2, 237–246.
- Shipton, H.J., West, M.A., Parkes, C.L., Dawson, J.F., Patterson, M.G., 2006. When promoting positive feelings pays: Aggregate job satisfaction, work design features, and innovation in manufacturing organizations. Eur. J. Work Org. Psychol. 15, 404–430.
- Siengthai, S., Pila-Ngarm, P., 2016. The interaction effect of job redesign and job satisfaction on employee performance. Evidence-based HRM: a Global Forum for Empirical Scholarship 4, 162–180.
- Umar, A., 2014. Effect of wages, work motivation and job satisfaction on workers’ performance in manufacturing industry in Makassar city. European Journal of Business and Management 6, 75–88.
- Venugopalan, S., Ariga, P., Aggarwal, P., Viswanath, A., 2014. Magnetically retained silicone facial prosthesis. Niger. J. Clin. Pract. 17, 260–264.
- Yusof, N., Awang, H., Iranmanesh, M., 2017. Determinants and outcomes of environmental practices in Malaysian construction projects. J. Clean. Prod. 156, 345–354.
- Zhu, Y., Xie, Y., Warner, M., Guo, Y., 2015. Employee participation and the influence on job satisfaction of the “new generation” of Chinese employees. int. j. hum. resour. manag. 26, 2395–2411.
- Article View: 30
- PDF Download: 22