Investigating the relationship between competitive intelligence and risk dimensions and job performance of employees in Kerman Saderat bank branches
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 2, Pages 5-18
AbstractThe aim of this study was to investigate the relationship between competitive
intelligence and risk-taking with the employees' job performance in Kerman Saderat bank
branches in 2015. The method of study was descriptive and correlation. The statistical population
of this study included all 251 employees of Saderat Bank in Kerman that by using Cochran
formula a sample size of 152 people was selected. In this study, three questionnaires of
competitive intelligence with 0.91 validity and 0.93 reliability and risk taking questionnaire with
0.93 validity and 0.95 reliability and job performance questionnaire with 0.92 validity and 0.84
reliability were used. The collected data were analyzed by using Smart PLS 2. The results showed
that there is a relationship between competitive intelligence and risk-taking and the job
performance among the employees working in Kerman Saderat bank branches. Among the
components of competitive intelligence; a direct and significant relationship was found between
technical knowledge and strategic and social knowledge with job performance of the employees.
Among the risk taking components; the two components of credit risk, operational risk, and
market risk were significantly correlated with job performance of the employees. Therefore, it is
recommended that the bank managers have a correct and scientific management of the bank assets
and debts and they assess their own current and potential competitors to take step toward a better
performance of the employees in order to have growth and profitability in the banks and attract
Abolhassani, A., Hasani Moghaddam, R., 2008, Investigation of types of risks and its management methods
in the interest-free banking system of Iran, Islamic Economics Research Quarterly, Volume 8, Number 3
2. Ardashiri Cham, A., 2009, Explaining Competitive Intelligence Capabilities in the Four Food Industries of
the Country. Science Teacher Quarterly, Volume 18, Number 1, pp. 11-23.
3. Armashi, M., 2011, Identification of variables affecting the credit risk of real customers of Saman Bank,
North Branches, M.Sc. Thesis, Faculty of Humanities.
4. Asghari, M., Khansari, R., Siahkarzadeh, MS, 2007, A Study of Credit Risk Portfolio Models and
Infrastructures Necessary for Their Application in the Banking Industry, First International Congress on
5. Bahrami, S., 2010, The relationship between role transparency and employee job commitment of Isfahan
Faculty of Medical Sciences Journal of Shahrekord University of Medical Sciences, No. 2, pp. 36-30.
6. Baqaei Sarabi, A., 2006, Investigation of the effect of perceived social status on job performance, Quarterly
of Social Sciences, Volume 2, Number 8, pp. 144-124
7. Beigzadeh, J., Eskandari, K., 2009, Competitive Intelligence of Managers and Small Industry Development,
Journal of Labor and Society, No. 113-114.
8. Borman, W C. ,2004, The concept of organizational citizenship. Current Directions in Psychological
Science, vol13 , No6, pp 238–241.
9. Da Silva ,Marcos Soares, Divino,Jose Angelo, 2013, The role of banking regulation in an economy under
credit risk and liquidity shock, North American Journal of Economics and Finance, available at SciVerse
10. Dehghan N.A., Bazrafshan, M., Rashidi, M., 2015 Managers' competitive intelligence attitude and
competitive advantage (Case Study of Shiraz Hotel Industry, Business Management Research, Volume 7,
Number 13, pp. 25-51.
11. Ebrahimi, F., 1998, Employees' rights in the organization, Journal of Quality and Management, No. 2.
12. Edwin, R., Sybille, S., 2001, Challenges for Strategic Competitive Intelligence at the Corporate Level,
Competitive Intelligence Review,vol 8,pp 54 –64.
13. Erfanian, A., 2007, Operational Risks in Banks (Case Study of Bank of Industry and Mines), Economic
Research and Policies, No. 41 and 42, pp. 95-116.
14. Gendal, B., 2002, Competitive Intelligence: The real knowledge management", Knowledge
Management,vol 12,No 33.
15. Hamidpour Badoei, A., 2014, The relationship between business intelligence and risk-taking and
accountability of employees of Sepah Bank branches in Kerman, Islamic Azad University, Rafsanjan
Branch, Thesis for receiving a master's degree "M.A" in Public Management
16. Hemmati, A., Mohebbinejad, Sh., 2009, Evaluating the effect of macroeconomic variables on banks' credit
risk, Economic Research Journal, Bank Special Issue, No. 6, pp. 33-59.
17. Hughes, S., 2005, Competitive Intelligence as Competitive Advantage with Employee Performance, Journal
of Competitive Intelligence and Management , Vol 3 , No 3, P3.
18. Jafari, F., 2014, Investigating of the relationship between competitive intelligence with service quality and
job performance in Bank Melli branches in Rafsanjan. Master Thesis in Public Management, Islamic Azad
University, Rafsanjan Branch
19. Javadipour, M., 2011, Investigation of between Competitive Intelligence and Performance of Companies
Listed in Tehran Stock Exchange, M.Sc. Thesis. Azad university of Tehran
20. Khorshidi, A., 2010, Competitive Intelligence, Internet article at: http://publicmanagment.blogfa.com/post-
21. Khosh Sima, R., Shahiki Tash, M., 2012, The effect of credit risks, operations, liquidity (market) on the
efficiency of the Iranian banking system, Quarterly Journal of Planning and Budgeting, Year 17, No. 4
22. Mansourfar Gh., R., Ghayyur, F., Rasti Azar, Y., 2013, Investigating the relationship between risk-taking
and banks' performance Case study: Branches of the National Bank of West Azerbaijan Province, Volume
26, Number 2, pp. 141-160
23. McGonagle, J J., Vella CM., 2002, A case for competitive intelligence, The Information Management
Journal, July/August, pp .35-40.
24. Mirzaei, H., Bagheri, R., Nazarian, R., 2011, Investigating of Factors Affecting the Credit Risk of Legal
Entities in Banks (Case Study of Bank Melli Iran Branches, Tehran), Quarterly of Economic Research,
Volume 19, Number 58, Pp. 67-98.
Ali Barakchi et al / Investigating the relationship between competitive intelligence and risk dimensions
and job performance of employees in Kerman Saderat bank branches
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government | Vol 27, Issue 2, 2021 18
25. Mohn, N., 2014, How To Create a Corporate Competitive Intelligence System,American Journal of
Business, Vol4, No 2, pp3 - 6
26. Mousavian, A., Mousavi Buiki, M., 2009, Credit risk management in Islamic banking through credit default
swap. Islamic Economics, No. 33, pp. 95 – 126
27. Pa ttillo, C., Soderbom, M ., 2016, Managerial risk attitudes and firm performance in Ghanaian
manufacturing: An empirical analysis based on experimental data . Publisher: University of Oxford,
Institute of Economics and Statistics, Centre for the Study of African Economies
28. Poor Sadegh, N., Eskandari, K., 2010, Competitive Intelligence Information Storage and its management.
29. Qarah, M. A., Ferdowsi, M. H., Marashian F.S., 2016, The relationship between organizational intelligence
and its components with job performance in physical education managers and sports delegations in Ahvaz,
Applied research in sports management, Volume 1, Number 2, Pp. 73-80
30. Rahimi, Ghar., Hassanzadeh Bezar, M., 2015, Explaining the relationship between managers 'competitive
intelligence and managers' performance, published in the Fourth National Conference on Management and
Accounting, ID (COI)
31. Razini, A., Souri, ER, 2007, The effect of integration, concentration and credit risk on the efficiency of
Iran's banking industry: 2001-2005, New Economy and Trade, Nos. 10 and 11.
32. Rezaian, A., Lashkar Blooki M., 2010, Competitive intelligence and strategic decision making. Business
Management Perspectives, Volume 35, Number 2, pp. 65-43.
33. Rotundo, M., Sackett, P., 2002, 'The relative importance of task, citizenship, and counterproductive
performance to global ratings of job performance: a policy capturing_approach', Journal of Applied
Psychology, vol 87, pp 66-80.
34. Rouach, D., Santi, P., 2001, Competitive Intelligence Adds Value: Five Intelligence Attitudes,
European Management Journal,No 1, pp552-559.
35. Salimi, Q., Mohammadi, M., Mokhtari Z., 2015, The effect of emotional intelligence on improving
employee satisfaction and job performance in higher education institutions: A case study of Shiraz
University, A New Approach in Educational Management, Volume 6, Number 22, pp. 39-60
36. Shavalpour, S., Ash'ari, A., 2014, The Investigating of effect of credit risk on the profitability of banks in
Iran, Financial Research Volume 15, Number 2, pp. 229-246
37. Taghavi, M., Lotfi, AA, Sohrabi, AR, 2008, Credit risk model and ranking of legal customers of Keshavarzi
Bank, Economic Research Journal, No. 4 (Special Economic Adjustment Plan), pp. 99-128.
38. Trong Tuan, L., 2013, Leading to learning and competitive intelligence, Learning Organization, The,
Vol20 ,No 3, pp.216 - 239
39. Willemon, D.L., and Cicero, J.p, 1970, The project manager anomalies and ambiguities.The Academy of
Management Journal, vol.13,No.3,55
- Article View: 1,220
- PDF Download: 401